Squad Wars are back!!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Zach
Commodore

Squad Wars are back!!

Post#1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:03 am

Squad wars are back. I’m rebel and we instant matched. First time in a long time for that!

DeathStriker

Re: Squad Wars are back!!

Post#2 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Zach wrote:Squad wars are back. I’m rebel and we instant matched. First time in a long time for that!

Zach - Thanks for Posting and Cudos on your Instant Match! :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#3 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:33 pm

I wonder if a visible war queue would work? It would list all squads in the war queue, with the HQ total of the squad that's waiting. You can then select them as an opponent, only if you submit a squad that is no greater than that HQ total. For example, an all Prestige lineup would be 165 points (15 participants x 11 HQ points per participant) or an all level 6 squad would be 90 points. Obviously, there will be some strategy in the selection process, but there will be trade-offs. It would be ok to challenge upward. You just can't challenge downward, for obvious reasons. Just trying to think of some options.

I would also like to see "skirmishes", which would be 5 player wars or even as low as 2 player skirmishes. Those could be limited to 1-3 hour windows, so they don't lock out the war tab for too long a time period. You probably would not want this option to tie up the war option for the rest of the squad for too long a time period. I would eliminate outposts for skirmishes. I would assume you would need the matchup and prep window to be fairly small too, since you need to be sure all parties are on when the matchup is made. Not sure if this is practical, but just a thought.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

geoman48
Admiral

Post#4 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:29 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:I wonder if a visible war queue would work? It would list all squads in the war queue, with the HQ total of the squad that's waiting. You can then select them as an opponent, only if you submit a squad that is no greater than that HQ total. For example, an all Prestige lineup would be 165 points (15 participants x 11 HQ points per participant) or an all level 6 squad would be 90 points. Obviously, there will be some strategy in the selection process, but there will be trade-offs. It would be ok to challenge upward. You just can't challenge downward, for obvious reasons. Just trying to think of some options.

I would also like to see "skirmishes", which would be 5 player wars or even as low as 2 player skirmishes. Those could be limited to 1-3 hour windows, so they don't lock out the war tab for too long a time period. You probably would not want this option to tie up the war option for the rest of the squad for too long a time period. I would eliminate outposts for skirmishes. I would assume you would need the matchup and prep window to be fairly small too, since you need to be sure all parties are on when the matchup is made. Not sure if this is practical, but just a thought.

This would be great - though I don't think squad wars is a priority for devs since we haven't seen much in the squad war area for quite some time. But I like your ideas, even if just the 165 point system were implemented to get "fairer" battles. Lopsided wars aren't really fun for either side, especially the side that feels like they have no shot at winning even with takodana in play.

Return to “General Discussions”