Recent survey

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Nidus

Recent survey

Post#1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:26 am

I am a level 11 Empire player with a level 10 HQ. I play this game every day and was curious if anyone had any idea what the developers are planning on doing (if anything) with the input they received from players. I have been playing Kixeye's War Commander for several years and saw War Commander advertised so I thought I would check it out. While similar in some superficial aspects, Star Wars Commander fails in my opinion to keep players (especially new ones) engaged in gameplay. I am currently an officer in the squad I am in and am constantly booting inactive players from the squad. I think the reason for inactive players comes from the lack of options players have. In War Commander, players can either attack other live players OR be farmers. Star Wars Commander does not allow for a player to just farm-- if they dont attack, they will never get enough resources necessary for upgrades. I suggested in the survey that the game introduce AI bases, similar to those that are found in squad war perks. These bases would give players options for gameplay. Kixeye's attitude is simple-- keep a player on the game for as long as possible to increase the likelihood that they will spend money on repairs and upgrades. A War Commander player can literally NEVER attack another live player if they choose not to, but attack AI bases for all necessary unit unlocks and components. It is tiresome that in order to play War Commander events, a player must always attack another player. Another issue that I have encountered is that the game puts me against players that are level 20 and 30, when I am only an 11. Whoever reads this post, I would be interested in hearing your opinions about what I have written and what you have heard that the developers are doing to improve gameplay.

Trammel
Captain

Re: Recent survey

Post#2 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:37 pm

I can’t answer your question on the developers.
But on farming, since you are a level 10 Imperial like myself, you would agree that farming is not really an issue for the current game as it is in 2019 because:
1. You can skip bases until you find a dev base that you can farm. The cost for skipping bases is minimal.
2. Certain factors such as your faction, the planet, your medal count, and maybe other factors can make the frequency of farmable dev bases more likely.
3. Loot is abundant and plentiful— you can fill up your stores after just a few attacks. Thus farming you may agree is not an issue with this game especially once you exceed a certain level.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:12 pm

How can one be a L11 player with a L10 HQ ?
EDIT: nvm, L11 is the rank level based on numbers of wins.

geoman48
Admiral

Post#4 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:29 pm

I'd say they are responding to the surveys by giving us better conflicts and more events, fixing stability issues, etc. They are slowly doing a better job than Disney did. Which is good given the time and money many have invested in this game. For me, more time than money. Though as the saying goes, time is money. :mrgreen:

Return to “General Discussions”