Optimum Medals For Best Conflict Points?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
CoolGuy
Admiral

Optimum Medals For Best Conflict Points?

Post#1 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:47 pm

Hey all, it's a little quiet at the moment due to maintenance/no conflicts/no events/no squad wars, so I thought I would pose this question. Has anybody any type of table or record showing the best bands of medal levels that will achieve the maximum conflict points for each HQ level?

I'm currently running a sandbagged baby base at HQ level 6 with 11k medals. During the last conflict I was averaging 250 conflict points per 3 star win. I got to UC on Tatt but I was nowhere near the top and it was still a major grind. Do I have too many medals or do I need more medals to increase my conflict points?

Most Prestige players are aware that you achieve about 90% high conflict points (1000-1100) below 150k medals, about 40-60% high points between 150-160k medals, and about 1% high points above 160k medals. Nobody has quite worked out why Disney chose to punish high achievers, which is why medal dumping is almost obligatory if you want to achieve anything worthwhile during conflicts.

Logic then suggests there must be bands of medals levels in ratio with conflict points at all HQ levels.

For your discussion.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Yoda94
Lieutenant

Re: Optimum Medals For Best Conflict Points?

Post#2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:59 pm

What I found that you enter a new 'band' at hq 7 and then you will get much stronger bases. Before hq 7, your opponents are also capped at HQ 6 so increasing medals will not give you more conflict points. I think it's from HQ7~11 that medals actually start to matter. I don't think anyone will have a comprehensive database of the 'bands' but we can all share our experiences to get a better idea of it maybe.

For my my HQ 10:
@0~5000 medals = 450 gears per win
@5000~10000medals = 500 gears per win
@10000~15000 = 550 gears per win

rough numbers but you get the idea. at 12000medals I get prestige with high level GR so I stay between 5000~10000

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#3 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:39 pm

Yoda94 wrote:What I found that you enter a new 'band' at hq 7 and then you will get much stronger bases. Before hq 7, your opponents are also capped at HQ 6 so increasing medals will not give you more conflict points. I think it's from HQ7~11 that medals actually start to matter. I don't think anyone will have a comprehensive database of the 'bands' but we can all share our experiences to get a better idea of it maybe.

For my my HQ 10:

rough numbers but you get the idea. at 12000medals I get prestige with high level GR so I stay between 5000~10000

Looks like I need to dump a heap of medals before I advance to HQ 7 to avoid running in to the nasty bases.

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#4 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:52 am

I have 150K+ medals, prestige Imperial base. In conflicts I routinely get between 750-1050 gears for 3 Star Victories. Usually get between 450-650 for 2 star victories.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#5 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:55 am

Jaykoz3 wrote:I have 150K+ medals, prestige Imperial base. In conflicts I routinely get between 750-1050 gears for 3 Star Victories. Usually get between 450-650 for 2 star victories.

Yes, I think that is a similar result for all Prestige players in that medal range. However once you get over 160k medals things change and you rarely see a 1000+ conflict point base.

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:04 am

CoolGuy wrote:Yes, I think that is a similar result for all Prestige players in that medal range. However once you get over 160k medals things change and you rarely see a 1000+ conflict point base.

Somewhat - TRUE... However, my HQ 11/P Account with 161K Medals recently has started seeing 1000+ Gear Developer Bases again, not a lot, but more frequent than before, so perhaps I have passed over another "threshold"...

Time will tell...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#7 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:13 am

I think that it is going to be different at a lot of different levels... base scores, medals, faction, planet, player activity, etc.

I have a medal dumped HQ9 and I see something like this:
0-5000 medals - mostly 750 point bases (enemy bases are mostly HQ8-HQ10 with some weak HQ11s)
5000+ mostly 500 point bases (enemy bases are all HQ11 monsters) but some 1000 point bases
>My experience is that gears go down quickly as you gain medals and you need to keep dumping medals to get the high gears. The difficulty also goes up quickly and you start to face mostly maxed out Prestige bases.
(It was the same when this base was HQ8, in that the gears were highest when it was below 5K medals and went down quickly after.)

In comparison: My Prestige base with 75K medals sees most 600-700 point bases, so my HQ9 does better in conflicts based on gears per 3 star win!!! I am thinking that if I were to medal dump my Prestige base to 0 medals that it would see mostly 1000 point bases and do better, but I have not had the time to dump 75K medals to try...

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:55 am

As CoolGuy is talking about his baby HQ 6, my experience as Imperial HQ 6 with a base of 2 turrets level 1 but 24k medals is, I face most level 6 rivals, and some HQ 7 due to 24k medals, but I get only 270-290 gears per attack of 3 stars. Usually 11-12 medals per 3 star attack.

As Rebel HQ 6 maxed out (turrets level 6), my rivals are mostly level 6 and many levels 7, which forces me to drop medals to 1k if I do not want to find HQ 8 rivals but once I take down my medals, I get more medals for 3-star attacks, while my score is around 300-330 gears for 3 stars. Usually 12 medals per 3 stars attacks but can go to 18 medals or more if I the rival has more medals than me.

Anyway, it is impossible to dispute conflicts in the higher leagues when thresholds are too high with my two bases HQ 6 while HQ 10 and HQ 11 can earn +1000 gears per attack and can attack only Dev bases on the planets where they are most frequent.

I have no intention of going to HQ 7 any time soon since rivals are easy - most without SC and Armory), HDs are much easier and Events are also easy and are allowing me to maximize Elite and Armory units, such as is the case of Kessen and ShockTrooper/Vanguard - maxed out for both HQ 6 now.

While Rebel HQ 11, I got UC on Tat and Kit only attacking Dev bases with about 930-1080 gears last week, and this base is only 24k medals. It was just skip all Live bases and low gears Dev bases (680-720) to find a +1000 gears Dev base. And I think 1080 is the max I can get.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:50 am

perhaps Devs should get rid of the conflict gear bonus based on medal difference between the attacker and the base (and also reduce the weight of medal count in match making). These medal dropping activities can't be good for the game.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#10 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:54 pm

Yoda94 wrote:What I found that you enter a new 'band' at hq 7 and then you will get much stronger bases. Before hq 7, your opponents are also capped at HQ 6 so increasing medals will not give you more conflict points. I think it's from HQ7~11 that medals actually start to matter. I don't think anyone will have a comprehensive database of the 'bands' but we can all share our experiences to get a better idea of it maybe.

For my my HQ 10:

Similar to what I have seen. For max Prestige the sweet spot seems to be 100K to 140K or so, for 1000 gear wins. If you are running a mini base, I think it's better to upgrade to level 7 or 8. You get more gears. Still a tough grind to UC though, but at least you can get to the 400-550 gear range at that level. A level 8 mini is the sweet spot IMO. Once you get buffed jets, the wins are faster because of the speed of the attacks and you save some time there. You need to keep the turret count to 4 or less though, although you can get away with 5-6 if you really manage your medal count.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Return to “General Discussions”