Questions from Old Player Coming Back After Years Away

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Tarasco

Questions from Old Player Coming Back After Years Away

Post#1 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:15 am

Ok so I'm a Rebel player who started when the game first came out. I got up to mid level 8, then stopped playing after most of my friends stopped. Recently picked the game up again, and there are a lot of changes. Here are some questions, hopefully I can get some answers

1. How do I get specific data fragments? My Vanguard are level 3, and apparently I need data fragments to upgrade them.
2. There are a lot of crates now. Is it better to skip around planets just to get additional crates?
3. What is the armory for? How do I get specific pieces to upgrade equipment?
4. Does it matter which planet I'm on? Right now I'm on Er'kit.
5. Do the banners do anything?
6. What is the benefit of the scout tower?

That's it for right now. I'm sure I'll have more. Thanks.

Therealharbinger
Squadron Leader

Re: Questions from Old Player Coming Back After Years Away

Post#2 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:18 am

1 and 3.
Frags are rewards for doing objectives and events. The daily crates provide armoury equipment only. Purple unit frags are from actual events. You've just missed one.
The armoury gives offensive and defensive buffs to specific units and other stuff. Like for you Leia will become more powerful and give birth to rebel troops every 4s that attack anything.

2. Yes crate farming is a thing to gain fragments. Which is easy if starting out as you only need 20 to unlock them vs 100+ at lvl6 onwards. You get 2 per crate if gold between 4 and 12 for blues and anything between 3 and 12 in think for greys. Some are not in the pool, such as r2d2 and 3po and one of the rebel guard reserves. Think snipers for rebels.
4 planet doesnt matter although personally Erkit is hardest to get into the top 2%.
5. Banners are cosmetic.
6. Scout tower gives a twice daily objective to defend and win a crate, same contents as planet daily. 3star defense gives young bronzium crate, 2 star a durasteel. It scales off your HQ so if you are grinding it up and nothing else it's quite hard sometimes. For me in the UK it runs from 7am and 7pm for each defence. If you log in and its red you have 30 mins before it expires. Can be attempted as many times as you please but once complete it's gone.

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#3 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:23 am

1.) data fragments are earned from completing daily objectives on each planet, competing in conflicts, completing events, winning/losing squad wars, completing heroic defenses

2.) Skipping around is the best way to earn crates and unlock data fragments.

3.) The Armory allows you to apply "skins" to your troops, buildings and defenses. These skins modify the damage and health of buildings, defenses, and troops. See answer to number one on how to get data fragments.

4.) not necessarily. Desert planets tend to be more Rebel friendly though.

5.) the flags don't do anything

6.) The scout tower allows you to do Heroic defenses twice a day, which you win crates that give you data fragments.

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:26 am

Tarasco wrote:Ok so I'm a Rebel player who started when the game first came out. I got up to mid level 8, then stopped playing after most of my friends stopped. Recently picked the game up again, and there are a lot of changes. Here are some questions, hopefully I can get some answers...

Tarasco - Welcome back to the game. :D

:arrow: As a Rebel Player - IF you need a good Rebel Squad you can join Death_Striker (see my Forum Signature). PM me here on the Forum if you need to.

:arrow: First of all I want to tell you to STAY AT HQ 8 and not Upgrade to HQ 9 (if you have not done so already) as that is the best place to be to catch up and get Data Fragments and is also a HQ Level that has the LOWEST EP REQUIREMENTS in SWC Events.

:arrow: ALSO... You need to be made aware that Star Wars Commander is now ran / updated by Zynga / Natural Motion Games. See this Official Announcement and the Links below.

AND NOW ANSWERS FOR YOUR QUESTIONS:

1. How do I get specific data fragments? My Vanguard are level 3, and apparently I need data fragments to upgrade them.

• Data Fragments are possible via the SHOP (by using Credits and Alloy) but eventually you need to spend Crystals.
  • Data Fragments are obtained via Daily Crates.
  • Data Fragments are obtained via Heroic Defense "events".
  • Data Fragments are obtained via Planetary Daily Objectives.
  • Data Fragments are obtained via Conflicts (see Link below)
  • Data Fragments are obtained via Squad Wars Victory and Stalemate Crates.
  • Data Fragments are obtained via SWC Events (these are New - See Link Below)
** Elite Unit Data Fragments and Elite Armory Equipment Data Fragments can be obtained via Bronzium Crates from Heroic Defense Events (3-Star Win), Planetary Daily Tier-3 Objectives, Conflict Bronzium II or better final Conflict League standing as well as in Squad Wars Victory and Stalemate Crates and SWC Event Main Objective Rewards and SWC Event Elite Event Crates.

2. There are a lot of crates now. Is it better to skip around planets just to get additional crates?

Doing Planetary Daily Objectives on all Unlocked Planets are a great way to get Data Fragments. Having 0-Relocation Squad Perks makes that easier. **Death_Striker Squad has 0-Relocation Squad Perks.

0-Relocation Squad Perks are a combonation of 2 Squad Perks that reduces the number of Stars needed to Relocate to a New Planet down to zero. For More Info click here.

3. What is the armory for? How do I get specific pieces to upgrade equipment?

The Armory is Unlocked at HQ 6.

• Structures: You have Structure Equipment that boost Health and/or Damage to most Structures. Also Equipment for Barracks and Factories activate Guard Reserve (See Link Below).

• Structure Equipment can be obtained via SHOP (see Data Fragment Store), Carbonite (1 Star) / Durasteel (2 Star) HD Event Wins, Carbonite / Durasteel Planetary Objectives, and Carbonite / Durasteel Conflict League Rewards.
  • Units: There are also Unit Equipment / Skins. Some Equipment boost Heath / Damage of Equipped Units and some Unit Equipment actually changes a Unit into another Unit (like Bantha's changed to TaunTaun or X-Wing changed to U-Wing, etc) and some Unit Equipment give Units an additional Ability (like R2D2 Hero {Vehicle Repair} becoming Artoo & Threepio {Turret Disable}).

• Elite Equipment can be obtained via SHOP, Bronzium Planetary Objectives, Bronzium II thru Ultra Chrome League Conflict Rewards, Squad War Stalemate and Victory Rewards, and SWC Events.

4. Does it matter which planet I'm on? Right now I'm on Er'kit.

That is a broad question. To Use Armory Unit Equipment the answer is Yes. Desert Equipment is used on Tatooine / Erkit, Forest Equipment is used on any Green Planet, Arctic / Cold-weather Equipment is use on Hoth.

Of course there are other reasons you may want to be or not be on a specific Planet, like during a Conflict or SWC Event.

5. Do the banners do anything?

Yes and No. They DO look nice and wave proudly your Faction Icon as well as give you 4 more Structures that need to be destroyed before an opponent gets 100% 3-Star Win. They DO NOT increase your Base Strength / Base Score so as such do not effect your PvP Matchmaking (they are similar to Walls in this respect).

6. What is the benefit of the scout tower?

The Scout Tower Unlocked at HQ 5 once built is what gives you the ability to do Heroic Defense Events twice a Day. By using 0-Relocation Squad Perks you can do 5 (at HQ 8) Heroic Defense Events in the "daytime" and 5 more Heroic Defense Events in the "evening" per day, giving you 10 Crates to open and get Data Fragments.

ADDITIONAL LINKS:

If you have more questions just post here...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Tarasco

Post#5 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:26 pm

Thanks everyone for the answers, I appreciate it.

I'm planning on staying at level 8 until I get some stuff upgraded, and catch up on a bunch of the data fragments I'm missing out on, since I have none.

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future!

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:23 am

Tarasco - It is highly recommended you join an established Squad for help getting back in to the swing of things whom's Squadmates can help answer questions you might have.

If you wish you can join Death_Striker (my Squad) where I can help you further.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

rebel10
Commander

Post#7 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:33 am

Therealharbinger wrote:1 and 3.
Frags are rewards for doing objectives and events. The daily crates provide armoury equipment only. Purple unit frags are from actual events. You've just missed one.
The armoury gives offensive and defensive buffs to specific units and other stuff. Like for you Leia will become more powerful and give birth to rebel troops every 4s that attack anything.

2. Yes crate farming is a thing to gain fragments. Which is easy if starting out as you only need 20 to unlock them vs 100+ at lvl6 onwards. You get 2 per crate if gold between 4 and 12 for blues and anything between 3 and 12 in think for greys. Some are not in the pool, such as r2d2 and 3po and one of the rebel guard reserves. Think snipers for rebels.
4 planet doesnt matter although personally Erkit is hardest to get into the top 2%.
5. Banners are cosmetic.
6. Scout tower gives a twice daily objective to defend and win a crate, same contents as planet daily. 3star defense gives young bronzium crate, 2 star a durasteel. It scales off your HQ so if you are grinding it up and nothing else it's quite hard sometimes. For me in the UK it runs from 7am and 7pm for each defence. If you log in and its red you have 30 mins before it expires. Can be attempted as many times as you please but once complete it's gone.

Addendum to 2 and 6- Just as you can jump around to different planets for the three daily objectives, you can also jump around to do heroic defense. Each planet does a heroic defense twice a day. You can do 6 heroic defenses every 12 hours by jumping planets. Don't forget to change to the right skins for each planet though. Squad base relocation perks reduce/eliminate the "stars" requirement

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:25 pm

Tarasco wrote:Thanks everyone for the answers, I appreciate it.

I'm planning on staying at level 8 until I get some stuff upgraded, and catch up on a bunch of the data fragments I'm missing out on, since I have none.

Hello there, Tarasco.

Welcome back to the game. As always, you'll find lots of help on this forum.

I also strongly recommend you join an established rebel squad. I recommend this for two main reasons:

1) There will be people in that squad who can help you with donations and advancement.

2) You will be able to participate in Squad Wars. In addition to the crates, Frags are also available from winning squad wars, including vanguard and Kessen frags - among other useful units. If you're in an active squad it's possible to War several times a week. If you're in the War party and win, you get 10 frags for particular units as part of the reward. That's a faster way to accumulate frags than by completing daily crate objectives, plus the frags come in larger chunks.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#9 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:05 pm

Tarasco wrote:Thanks everyone for the answers, I appreciate it.

IMO that's the right approach. Most people upgrade their bases, thinking that's the best way to win. In reality, troop and armory upgrades are most important. If troop and armory upgrades lag, most players will have issues winning at level 10 and Prestige. All of the new items you mentioned have a recurring theme ... frags/armory.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

ForceMel
Major General

Post#10 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:12 pm

As you've said, it is best to stay at level 8 for as long as possible at this point. When attacking, since you have nothing in the armory, you will have to be very selective in who you attack because you will be at a disadvantage until you can get some offensive armory buffs.

Basically, try to stay away from any bases that have turrets of barracks flashing. That is the first indication the base is using armory buffs on defense.

Also, do what you can to obtain all jetpack buffs. Level 1 buffs will be a tremendous help to you as it will be your go to unit.

One last thing, you'll find defense mostly impossible, but even more difficult on any green planets because that's where much of the Empire resides. You might find things easier on Tatooine, and Er'kit where rebels rule.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Return to “General Discussions”