Ideas for new stuff!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: Ideas for new stuff!

Post#21 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:21 pm

The long cooking time is what keeps the game collecting money from constant players who use crystals to complete their loadout, and ships are the main one due to the high cooking time. I do not believe that they will one day reduce that time, as they did with vehicles recently, even for a week...

I also do not believe that devs will introduce any significant change in Squad Wars, since Squad Wars do not make a profit except for some top squad players who use crystals to finish their loadouts and attack as fast as possible. Most players play wars without spending a single crystal with units.

I also do not know if I can expect major improvements and changes in PvP that change matchmaking, about base score, medals, gears in conflicts, and the balance between defense and attack that encourages players to attack Live bases again and not only Dev bases, and everyone here recognizes that the game became even more defensive with the introduction of the Prestige level.

I would like to see improvements in Squad Wars that make me want to go back to playing wars, and in PvP that convince me to attack something other than Dev bases. I would also like to see new storylines that could be downloaded and added to the game as Addons as many other games do, such as individual or multiplayer campaigns, with new characters, new planets, new missions and some reward in units at the end, not just crystals by mastered chapter.

I also dream one day of seeing a 3rd faction, the Mercenaries, using units stolen from Rebels and Imperials, as well as their own units, and various characters from the expanded universe, yes, that would be pretty cool.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Therealharbinger
Squadron Leader

Post#22 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:49 am

lukeskywalker wrote:
Therealharbinger wrote:[cut]

I did kinda laugh at the merc cook times the other day. 5 mins for a lvl1 dowutin hunter... 2 for a MTT that spawns 5 per attack...the logic is strong with the developers.

On the topic of crystal sales I'd like to know if they increased in line with prestige bases. I havent upgraded my starship HQ as I generally only use Crystals in wars, I'd be divorced if I did the same on prestige starships. More than happy to wait.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Starship command only increases capacity by 1 unit and the hit-points, and not cook-times. It's the actual upgrade of the unit in the research center that results in longer cook-times and the amount of crystals it will take to microwave. I generally only use Crystals during wars and during events when I have less than an hour left and I can get an 8 or 10 hour timer started to my advantage. In terms of wars, I have not found the need to upgrade starships to Prestige, except for the A-Wing. The rest of the starships work fine without. Especially with Yavin, where any starship will deal a significant amount of damage with the buff. Therefore, I have left my starships at level 10 for now, but I have not ruled out an upgrade some time in the future. Just not a priority, due to the extra crystal cost for wars.

That's exactly what I mean. I have 0 incentive to upgrade the starship command for the sake of 1 capacity. I'd like to gain prestige fighters but I am not waiting 32 mins for one to build. It's stupid.
I dont know the crystal cost but given one mobile cannon is 30 crystals they must be stupidly high.

Another idea... remove prestige crystal cost.. an 8% increase should justify a 10x crystal cost. This is why I have left one barracks and factory at non prestige, I'd rather be a touch weaker and burn what crystals I have then haemorrhage money on this.

Lord
Commodore

Post#23 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:22 am

lukeskywalker wrote:
Therealharbinger wrote:[cut]

I did kinda laugh at the merc cook times the other day. 5 mins for a lvl1 dowutin hunter... 2 for a MTT that spawns 5 per attack...the logic is strong with the developers.

On the topic of crystal sales I'd like to know if they increased in line with prestige bases. I havent upgraded my starship HQ as I generally only use Crystals in wars, I'd be divorced if I did the same on prestige starships. More than happy to wait.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Starship command only increases capacity by 1 unit and the hit-points, and not cook-times. It's the actual upgrade of the unit in the research center that results in longer cook-times and the amount of crystals it will take to microwave. I generally only use Crystals during wars and during events when I have less than an hour left and I can get an 8 or 10 hour timer started to my advantage. In terms of wars, I have not found the need to upgrade starships to Prestige, except for the A-Wing. The rest of the starships work fine without. Especially with Yavin, where any starship will deal a significant amount of damage with the buff. Therefore, I have left my starships at level 10 for now, but I have not ruled out an upgrade some time in the future. Just not a priority, due to the extra crystal cost for wars.

lf we have yavin in wars, we always use prestige pilots(this won't take much time) or rodian/sullust samples instead, and lv1 vt-49 with buff is enough to take down all ground sc. Then kubaz for the shield and pilots' ties priortize turrets work like Bwings. Maybe the only plane necessary is T-4, but lv 4 T-4 is enough to heal the units to full health. Personally think it's really no need to care too much about air force.

id1987

Post#24 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:40 am

Hello
I think Imperial Imperials should be a unity for the Empire, rebel officers for rebels
and there should be director Krenic as a hero along with 2 Death Troopers
and for the rebels jyn erso and cassian andor as heroes together.
There should also be an Imperial Juggernaut who spawns 4 Stormtroopers every 15 sec..
If there is to be a new planet it should be Mimban with extra armory upgrades.

bobcat

Post#25 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:22 am

I would like to see skins go away... its really annoying.. if we are going to have new stuff get rid of the old worthless stuff. Use the armory as a way to make units stronger faster etc.... For instance an atat … has bae strength but you can add either more fire power or health your choice or a special weapon. i'm sure others can come up with more.. But the armory should be like a mod shop for your units.....

id1987

Post#26 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:54 am

the AT-AT upgrade would be cool it should like this:
89%-speed
89%-health
89%-damage

or a uprade for the veteran AT-ST
and a Cristal-mine as a building would also be nice (lvl 1/4 Cristals max.)

geoman48
Admiral

Post#27 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:33 pm

Calboy wrote:Taking out the enemy armoury to negate its powers in battle would be a start for me.

+1... like most of the OP ideas too

Nevermind
Commodore

Post#28 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:02 am

Not really new, but isn't it about time that frags from the more recent units were available via HDs?
Leader of ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ. All Imperials welcome.

Return to “General Discussions”