Ideas for new stuff!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: Ideas for new stuff!

Post#11 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Cainamogel82 wrote:Rotatable buildings - the ability to rotate rectangular shaped structures like the shield and factories to better fit them in base layouts.

+1
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Oldrebel
Captain

Post#12 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:15 pm

CoolGuy wrote:
Cainamogel82 wrote:Rotatable buildings - the ability to rotate rectangular shaped structures like the shield and factories to better fit them in base layouts.

+1

<sigh>
The game is already bloated. For reasons already posted, you DO NOT want this.
Everyone complains of system requirements for smooth action (doesn't exist now) and errors. But you want to add more graphics rendering??? It won't be 2x, likely 4x. You can't imagine how slow this would be. And you're not gonna find a device with 4GB-8GB of ram, to handle this.
This game already stinks on most mobile devices, which is stoopid for a "mobile game".

Williamdice
Captain

Post#13 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:53 am

mkenobi wrote:A bank where we could exchange resources could be a good option in the past, but now with resources everywhere including CB is not more necessary.

I disagree. what you say is true at higher levels when you really start PvP and know to raid for resources. Then you can certainly do this but at lower levels while building my base I struggled and often had metal when I needed coins and vice versa and would have loved this.

Neil1234
Officer

Post#14 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:40 am

Would be good to remove some of the chores from the game:

Armory Profiles - There could be a ‘defence’ and an ‘attack’ profile setup for each planet. This would save the bother of selecting the same items in the Armory each time you come and go.

Auto Generate - This would give the barracks and factory etc. the ability to constantly churn out the same unit, without refilling every few attacks, especially useful if you are using an older/slower device to play.

Neil of PinkFloyd

Calboy
Captain

Post#15 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:06 am

Again a tie in war, some sort of penalty decider ie Vader in goal versus Senator Leia in her Prada dress
Jade’s_Fire Squad

Therealharbinger
Commodore

Post#16 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:09 am

Reduce some cook times in general

34 twileks for the objectives... takes over 3hrs and mine are only level 2.

Commission 8 tie fighters.. nearly 4hrs.. means I have to wait until its bed time and OVERNIGHT a daily objective for it be ready for me before it expires at 8am.
Plus tie fighters are meant to be cheap disposable units.. not sure why they take the 3rd longest behind the hauler and advanced when the tie bomber is a bigger more complex unit (rant)

MrRadar
Storm Trooper

Post#17 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:39 am

I would like the turrets recalibrated. Show the damage inflicted per unit type instead of invisible damage multipliers. Make rapids make sense again and tone down the rockets a bit.

I would like the useless units skinned to make more sense. Wookies, Pathfinders, etc.

It would be also neat to calibrate units based on the planet you are on. Green planets wookies and Pathfinders are better and jets and heavies are worse for example. Vehicles are better on hoth.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#18 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:04 pm

Therealharbinger wrote:Reduce some cook times in general

Commission 8 tie fighters.. nearly 4hrs.. means I have to wait until its bed time and OVERNIGHT a daily objective for it be ready for me before it expires at 8am.
Plus tie fighters are meant to be cheap disposable units.. not sure why they take the 3rd longest behind the hauler and advanced when the tie bomber is a bigger more complex unit (rant)

I would like to see cook times reduced too, but I don't think this will happen because of the crystal purchases it drives. I also suspect it's why defensive aspects of the game were buffed. Yes, some of that was to offset buffed units like jets, but the other aspect is it forced players to use more starships. The long cook-times for starships are undoubtedly driving crystal sales. While I hope they nerf defense a bit to help more players participate in PvP, I'm not hopeful, since this too is a crystal purchase driver.

The same goes for mercs, which is why the MTT's were probably introduced. The cook-time issue goes away, only if another method of driving crystal sales is introduced that offsets that lost income for Zynga.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Therealharbinger
Commodore

Post#19 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:59 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:
Therealharbinger wrote:Reduce some cook times in general

I would like to see cook times reduced too, but I don't think this will happen because of the crystal purchases it drives. I also suspect it's why defensive aspects of the game were buffed. Yes, some of that was to offset buffed units like jets, but the other aspect is it forced players to use more starships. The long cook-times for starships are undoubtedly driving crystal sales. While I hope they nerf defense a bit to help more players participate in PvP, I'm not hopeful, since this too is a crystal purchase driver.

The same goes for mercs, which is why the MTT's were probably introduced. The cook-time issue goes away, only if another method of driving crystal sales is introduced that offsets that lost income for Zynga.

I did kinda laugh at the merc cook times the other day. 5 mins for a lvl1 dowutin hunter... 2 for a MTT that spawns 5 per attack...the logic is strong with the developers.

On the topic of crystal sales I'd like to know if they increased in line with prestige bases. I havent upgraded my starship HQ as I generally only use Crystals in wars, I'd be divorced if I did the same on prestige starships. More than happy to wait.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#20 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:42 pm

Therealharbinger wrote:[cut]

I did kinda laugh at the merc cook times the other day. 5 mins for a lvl1 dowutin hunter... 2 for a MTT that spawns 5 per attack...the logic is strong with the developers.

On the topic of crystal sales I'd like to know if they increased in line with prestige bases. I havent upgraded my starship HQ as I generally only use Crystals in wars, I'd be divorced if I did the same on prestige starships. More than happy to wait.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Starship command only increases capacity by 1 unit and the hit-points, and not cook-times. It's the actual upgrade of the unit in the research center that results in longer cook-times and the amount of crystals it will take to microwave. I generally only use Crystals during wars and during events when I have less than an hour left and I can get an 8 or 10 hour timer started to my advantage. In terms of wars, I have not found the need to upgrade starships to Prestige, except for the A-Wing. The rest of the starships work fine without. Especially with Yavin, where any starship will deal a significant amount of damage with the buff. Therefore, I have left my starships at level 10 for now, but I have not ruled out an upgrade some time in the future. Just not a priority, due to the extra crystal cost for wars.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Return to “General Discussions”