Ideas for new stuff!

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Cainamogel82
Commander

Ideas for new stuff!

Post#1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:23 pm

I’ve got a few ideas for new things in the game and I am hoping Zynga will see a few of these...

New Building: A bank
Allow users to exchange portions of gold, alloy and CB for others (at a price, of course). For those times when you have a ton of alloy but no gold, a ton of gold but need a little more CB for that deka upgrade.

New Skin: Skiff (Rebel)
The skin would be to counter the Imp MHC cold cannon skin. Shoots three rockets instead of one, explodes on contact.

New Skin: Spy Droid (imperial)
Have it increase it’s speed and shoot further away. Possibly a Hoth skin only too, just like the Skiff.

New Option: Customizing buildings
Perhaps make a new hut that allows the player to change the look of their buildings a little bit. If nothing else, let us customize the colors a little.

New Faction: Trade Federation Droids
Add a whole new group to the game, just like Starcraft did. Luke/Vader hero could be Count Dooku. I feel like we are missing out on a lot of potentially cool units...

That’s all for now.
Anyone got any other cool new ideas?

Calboy
Captain

Re: Ideas for new stuff!

Post#2 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:07 am

Taking out the enemy armoury to negate its powers in battle would be a start for me.
Jade’s_Fire Squad

Therealharbinger
Commodore

Post#3 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:13 am

I think we need more of a fun factor.

Death star command. Wipes out the enemy base in 1 shot. At level 1 has a cool down of 4 weeks and goes down with levelling it up.

Ion Cannon. Disables the entire enemy base defences.

In reality completely pointless but something fun to grind for.

Cannot be used in wars.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:16 am

A bank where we could exchange resources could be a good option in the past, but now with resources everywhere including CB is not more necessary.

Luke needs a buff more than any other Rebel unit in the game. As he is, is only useful in war attacks to distract enemy troops and die just after twirling his lightsaber.

We had a buff for vehicles already, and they were never seen again: ATST/Repulsor Tank and ATAP/ATMP. Just give frags for these units in Carbonite/Durasteel Crates and it would be fine.

My opinion the new units were badly developed: the Demolition Droid could be a skin for the Probe Droid/Skiff, as well the Spider instead a hero could be a skin for Probe Droid/Skiff. Death Troopers could be a skin for Dark Troopers, as Gigoran a skin for Wookies.

If I am not wrong for not having watch the prequels so many as I watched the Original trilogy, Dooku is dead and can't be in the game timeline (between Episodes 4-5).

We have too many Cold skins to use and only one Ice planet. Changing one green to a 2nd Ice planet would be better.

Any suggestion to improve the game is always welcome. Hope Devs keep reading the Forum and use some of them.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#5 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:59 am

I would love to see skins for the skiff/probe droid! Actually ALL base units in the Barracks and Factories need skins! The game was pretty well balanced when there was no armoury and now half of the units have skins and the ones that do not cannot compete...

mkenobi wrote:Luke needs a buff more than any other Rebel unit in the game. As he is, is only useful in war attacks to distract enemy troops and die just after twirling his lightsaber.

I would love to see a skin for Luke, but he does not NEED a skin at all, let alone being near the top of list of units that need skins. He is already the most used hero on the Rebel side without skins! I would much rather see any new skins going to units that are completely unused right now because they do not have skins.

212attackbattalion

Post#6 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:00 pm

How about an outpost mini base kind of like what they did with clash of clans. As a way to generate crystals.

And instead of attacking bases it could be armys clashing against each other

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:57 am

strawman3125 wrote:I would love to see skins for the skiff/probe droid! Actually ALL base units in the Barracks and Factories need skins! The game was pretty well balanced when there was no armoury and now half of the units have skins and the ones that do not cannot compete...

mkenobi wrote:Luke needs a buff more than any other Rebel unit in the game. As he is, is only useful in war attacks to distract enemy troops and die just after twirling his lightsaber.

I would love to see a skin for Luke, but he does not NEED a skin at all, let alone being near the top of list of units that need skins. He is already the most used hero on the Rebel side without skins! I would much rather see any new skins going to units that are completely unused right now because they do not have skins.

Disagree about Luke. He does need a skin (at least as much as Vader did).
What new rebel skin are you thinking about ? wookie or scout or jug or r-ATTE ? I'd prefer Luke skin over any of those. (Well, perhaps juggernaut skin would be very interesting. I'd like that too :))
Luke is the main character in the movie but almost all other rebel heroes (Chewie, Han, Leia) all had armory skin, except Luke. Sad.

syncpan77
Major General

Post#8 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:16 pm

Totally agree that Luke is way overdue for a an overhaul. He needs a skin that will allow him to do more damage. Vader not only has his twirl and amazing 501st, but his normal lightsaber slash decimates things quickly. Luke only has his twirl!

Some new ideas I've been pondering for a while are new squad perks. Perks that will lower cook times for mercs, starships, and heroes.

Guard Reserves that spawn with trip zones instead of timed intervals.

Squad War planet outposts having both offensive and defensive benefits.

Give rancors back their extreme health and power.

The creation of a 3rd faction (The Mercenary Faction) where their heroes are all the bounty hunters that at one point worked for Jabba.

A unit that is impervious to sonic turrets. For now only dekas can survive 3 max level sonic turret blasts, we need a unit that can be used to attack these head one without dying on the first approach.
MEMBER of "DARKDONATIONS"
LINE ID: syncpan77-FULL-RESTRICTED NO OP WAR SQUAD
Top 15 squad on GSOW in UCL

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#9 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:58 pm

Calboy wrote:Taking out the enemy armoury to negate its powers in battle would be a start for me.

I like this idea. Adds additional strategy on both offense and defense. I would be fine if it just impacted turret and building buffs and not gr, since destroying rax and fax already stops gr. It also shifts back to more offense vs. the defensive game that exists now. I like the suggestion of trip zone gr instead of timed intervals, similar to traps. Would lead to some interesting base design choices. I would be ok with a mix of some gr being trip zone based vs. some being timed spawning deployment. I also agree that Luke needs a skin. I could be biased on that one though. ;)

I would like to see the defensive scoring changed. I would award conflict and event points on defense for holding an opponent to 1 or 2 stars. As it stands, it's currently all or nothing. Which means defense needs to be buffed too high to score points, and frustrates any offensive players who are not near maxed in their armory. That would allow more players to at least 2 star on attacks, while the defense still get's some attaboy points. Basically both parties would get credit for a 2 star PvP result. Hopefully defense could then be nerfed a bit, and anyone who did invest time and/or crystals into their defense would still see points.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#10 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:34 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:I would like to see the defensive scoring changed. I would award conflict and event points on defense for holding an opponent to 1 or 2 stars. As it stands, it's currently all or nothing. Which means defense needs to be buffed too high to score points, and frustrates any offensive players who are not near maxed in their armory. That would allow more players to at least 2 star on attacks, while the defense still get's some attaboy points. Basically both parties would get credit for a 2 star PvP result. Hopefully defense could then be nerfed a bit, and anyone who did invest time and/or crystals into their defense would still see points.

I would suggest that it be based on the percentage damage done to the attackers forces. That way the defensive and offensive 'rewards' would be (almost) independent of each other. The attacker could wipe out the base (3 stars) but because the defender caused 90% damage to the attacking force the defender would get the equivalent of a 2 star defense. (EP and conflict points)

Return to “General Discussions”