EVENT: Time of Heroes - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: EVENT: Time of Heroes - Discussion Topic

Post#211 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:30 am

Great job, @Toname!

I played this first week with my 6 bases, but I only put together my two Prestige two days later when I saw the EP reduction for the Elites here in the Forum. But I earned 9 and 11 crates for these bases even finishing the event more than a day later (on early Tuesday ) than my 4 smaller accounts.

My best base to play is my Rebel HQ 8 after the medal dumping to 1k, and 240 EP for Elites - 1 fast attack and 1 heroic defense and it's done. My two HQ 6's are also fast because I can just rotate hero's skins (Naval Officer/Falcon or Leia/ATACT and do 3 attacks in a row for the 360 ​​EP. Even my Rebel Prestige is benefiting from the facilities while I'm finding sandbagging Dev bases like this on ErKit, which makes everything quick and easy:

The only hardest base is my HQ 9 due to the 34k medals, and having to skip dozens of Prestige until I find a Live base that I can 3 stars or Dev base adjusted for my base score (sandbagging), the loadout time too ends up increasing the waiting time between attacks.

My Imperial Prestige will be out of this week as I showed in my previous post, even with only 3 possible rewards in the Elites, it is a lot of effort to get in the end just crates full of frags for Cold ATMP and Naval officer instead of Lord Vader.

Good luck to everyone!
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

Schruaf
Major General

Post#212 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:31 am

wesman21 wrote:So if the event just started at 10 a.m. CST, shouldn't the timer read 6 days, 23 hours? Mine is showing 6 days, 21 hours.

Thanks for the clarification, hoping I didn't miss the start.

No - the event is 6d 22h long.
The timer cuts the minutes of so you just see 6d 21h instead of 6d 21h 59m

Harshit
Admiral

Post#213 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:44 am

I finished the event with my lvl 9 IMP base with many upgrades now available. AT-ACT, Naval, Vader(can upgrade 2 lvls), kessen, spider, mark 3 and much more. Pretty much happy with events so far. :D
Empire lvl 10 HH-Resurrection (Level 50). Proud former (Holocron Horror) top 10 Windows squad.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#214 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:33 am

I got two crates on my main base last week, maxed out the death trooper, and was done. I got ~28 crates on my secondary base, and maxed out the death trooper (32 frags) and maxed the spider (~80 frags). I picked up ~200 frags on the cw mhc, and am 50 from finishing it. I got 150 or so Vader frags, and have it at level 5 (from zero). I should be able to get it to 8.

iamatccitian
Commander

Re: EVENT: New but still EP Awarding Flaw

Post#215 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:33 pm

iamatccitian wrote:Guess three months is still not enough time to fix a flaw? According to support back in March they were aware of issue and looking into it. Guess they figure not enough complaints and too hard to fix?

Basically, you will find if you can track it that you will never be awarded the correct EP that an event is suppose to award. You will always only receive the next lower tier that you have surpassed for the first time. You will NEVER, as the system is now, be awarded 550EP for the top tier Ultra Chrome when you reach it.

Developers know and my bet is that it will remain. You can see my original post reporting this flaw at viewtopic.php?f=80&t=24258&p=95135#p95135

Personally I think that you should store EP awards for reaching higher tiers. Meaning that instead of losing any tier award since the event objective had reached what EP was needed, the unused EP awards would be available for the next objective. Doubt it would make a very serious dent in crystal use . . .

Heroes Part II Event - still no fix!

Just reached 4.96% ranking which is Obsidian level. Rewarded 210EP which is for the Bronzium I level. Guess Ultra Chrome EP reward will continue to remain a myth. Why? Cause the developers either do not care or its not a simple fix. I am believing the former.

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#216 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:48 pm

iamatccitian wrote:
iamatccitian wrote:Guess three months is still not enough time to fix a flaw? According to support back in March they were aware of issue and looking into it. Guess they figure not enough complaints and too hard to fix?

Basically, you will find if you can track it that you will never be awarded the correct EP that an event is suppose to award. You will always only receive the next lower tier that you have surpassed for the first time. You will NEVER, as the system is now, be awarded 550EP for the top tier Ultra Chrome when you reach it.

Developers know and my bet is that it will remain. You can see my original post reporting this flaw at viewtopic.php?f=80&t=24258&p=95135#p95135

Personally I think that you should store EP awards for reaching higher tiers. Meaning that instead of losing any tier award since the event objective had reached what EP was needed, the unused EP awards would be available for the next objective. Doubt it would make a very serious dent in crystal use . . .

Just reached 4.96% ranking which is Obsidian level. Rewarded 210EP which is for the Bronzium I level. Guess Ultra Chrome EP reward will continue to remain a myth. Why? Cause the developers either do not care or its not a simple fix. I am believing the former.

I do not pay too much attention to this one... I do know that often in the initial grind for the first few objectives, I hit UC in the conflict and then I have triggered all of the bonus EP for conflicts on that world on the first mission objective... and that objective only needed one win anyways; a complete waste of an EP objective/bonus.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#217 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:55 pm

Yeah, to me the league ep awards are just an unexpected bonus. Last week, I hit obsidian on Dando, got the bronzium ep, and still hit the amount of ep I needed for one of the research stages. Had I hit the full amount it would have been wasted, anyway. Just be glad for the xtals.

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#218 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:26 pm

iamatccitian wrote:

It's not actually broken. You must have jumped from Bronzium II to Obsidian. You received 210 EP for reaching (and passing) Bronzium I. Most likely you then reached the EP needed for the next research, so it did not display the fact you were also rewarded 340 EP for obsidian. Excess EP is just that, excess.

I was correctly rewarded EP for moving from obsidian to UC today. If I'd been lower than obsidian, it just would have been extra.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#219 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:32 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
:arrow: WE DON'T KNOW yet what comes next...

Well hopefully they will follow a similar pattern with a matching Conflict/Event. My baby base would love a massive GR campaign as those frags are hard to come by at level 6 HQ.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#220 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:34 pm

Shelendil wrote:It's not actually broken. You must have jumped from Bronzium II to Obsidian. You received 210 EP for reaching (and passing) Bronzium I. Most likely you then reached the EP needed for the next research, so it did not display the fact you were also rewarded 340 EP for obsidian. Excess EP is just that, excess.

I was correctly rewarded EP for moving from obsidian to UC today. If I'd been lower than obsidian, it just would have been extra.

Actually it might be broken going to Obsidian. About three times in the last few events I was not near the 5% mark, and could not have jumped past it and back - and the EP was not awarded. Going from Obsidian to UC always seems to be awarded, assuming I have enough space to hold some of it.

As for this events progress... between my two bases, the Prestige is part way through gathering EP for mission 3 and has seen mostly Rank 26-31 bases with full GR and five or six CNFO’s approaching 56k medals on Tat. The L6 is done researching mission 4 already - after about 2 hrs play and a 1215 error I can’t explain, given all troops were built and I only had two jets and an AT-AP from the Prestige base. UTs and Air were full.

If this keeps up, I might sit the Prestige out for the week.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L38
Medals: ~70k Deka/o: 50/50 Jets: 5d/4f/4a

Return to “General Discussions”