Player Organized Tournament - Galactic War I

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
Ghostie
Commodore
Posts: 246

Re: Player Organized Tournament - Galactic War I

Post#31 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:57 pm

Boog wrote:Anyone else gotten smoked by DGO, lol?

I said it about 3 or 4 years ago that when DGO is engaged he is a force of nature that can't be stopped.

During Windows days when we had only top 30 or so players receive Ultra Chrome rewards in conflicts he was always there. Nice to see him playing hard again, but at the pace he's on the crash is inevitable(burn out) or at least it would be for me.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."


User avatar
Ravenclaw1138
Squadron Leader
Posts: 22

Re: Player Organized Tournament - Galactic War I

Post#32 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:23 pm

How do you join?
Game Name:General Ion
Member of:Imperial-Coders
HQ:9
Faction:Galactic Empire

“To defeat an enemy you must know them, not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy....art...”
-Grand Admiral Thrawn


Boog
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1522

Re: Player Organized Tournament - Galactic War I

Post#33 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:05 pm

Ghostie wrote:
Boog wrote:Anyone else gotten smoked by DGO, lol?

I said it about 3 or 4 years ago that when DGO is engaged he is a force of nature that can't be stopped.

During Windows days when we had only top 30 or so players receive Ultra Chrome rewards in conflicts he was always there. Nice to see him playing hard again, but at the pace he's on the crash is inevitable(burn out) or at least it would be for me.

Yeah, he was definitely the best on Windows with Kessen, although I think Virs was the best overall rebel attacker. Virs didn't need tricks or a lot of air, when he came to town, you went down, lol. This was the first time I've been attacked by DGO since windows. I was happy to get away with 2% of my base left alive. He didn't use air or SC, and would have easily wiped me had he just used a couple airships.


User avatar
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1359

Re: Player Organized Tournament - Galactic War I

Post#34 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:28 pm

Ravenclaw1138 wrote:How do you join?

Unfortunately registration closed before the start of this month-long tournament. I will get an advertisement out for the next one when it occurs.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Image


User avatar
Ravenclaw1138
Squadron Leader
Posts: 22

Re: Player Organized Tournament - Galactic War I

Post#35 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:19 pm

Forceisweaknyou wrote:
Ravenclaw1138 wrote:How do you join?

Unfortunately registration closed before the start of this month-long tournament. I will get an advertisement out for the next one when it occurs.

I see, thank you.
Game Name:General Ion
Member of:Imperial-Coders
HQ:9
Faction:Galactic Empire

“To defeat an enemy you must know them, not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy....art...”
-Grand Admiral Thrawn


DarthBratzzznew
Admiral
Posts: 707

Re: Player Organized Tournament - Galactic War I

Post#36 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:33 am

I really enjoy this tournament,

For a next edition, wouldn't it be a great idea to limit the playing field to three planets? Hoth, 1 Desert, 1 Green? I am sure this has been considered and equally sure that this is not possible, but why wouldn't it work? And maybe an obligation to do an equal number of attacks ion each planet type? Now the action is mainly on sand/Tatooine...

Just a suggestion, otherwise nothing but praise for the guys who made this possible.
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 5894

Re: Player Organized Tournament - Galactic War I

Post#37 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:42 am

Current Galactic War Stats

:arrow: Visit Website for THE GALACTIC WAR.

Sounds like everyone is having Fun! :D
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
lukeskywalker
Major General
Posts: 370

Re: Player Organized Tournament - Galactic War I

Post#38 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:54 am

Boog wrote:
Ghostie wrote:
Boog wrote:Anyone else gotten smoked by DGO, lol?

I said it about 3 or 4 years ago that when DGO is engaged he is a force of nature that can't be stopped.

During Windows days when we had only top 30 or so players receive Ultra Chrome rewards in conflicts he was always there. Nice to see him playing hard again, but at the pace he's on the crash is inevitable(burn out) or at least it would be for me.

Yeah, he was definitely the best on Windows with Kessen, although I think Virs was the best overall rebel attacker. Virs didn't need tricks or a lot of air, when he came to town, you went down, lol. This was the first time I've been attacked by DGO since windows. I was happy to get away with 2% of my base left alive. He didn't use air or SC, and would have easily wiped me had he just used a couple airships.

I would love to see their attack replays. Must be fun to see, even if you are the base going down.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!


User avatar
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1359

Re: Player Organized Tournament - Galactic War I

Post#39 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:34 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:
Boog wrote:
Ghostie wrote:I said it about 3 or 4 years ago that when DGO is engaged he is a force of nature that can't be stopped.

During Windows days when we had only top 30 or so players receive Ultra Chrome rewards in conflicts he was always there. Nice to see him playing hard again, but at the pace he's on the crash is inevitable(burn out) or at least it would be for me.

Yeah, he was definitely the best on Windows with Kessen, although I think Virs was the best overall rebel attacker. Virs didn't need tricks or a lot of air, when he came to town, you went down, lol. This was the first time I've been attacked by DGO since windows. I was happy to get away with 2% of my base left alive. He didn't use air or SC, and would have easily wiped me had he just used a couple airships.

I would love to see their attack replays. Must be fun to see, even if you are the base going down.

I'll post a couple clears on my base soon. One thing I can say that is consistent with top-flight attackers is they always have a contingency plan for the enemy squad Center, whether it is popping it and sending it to a corner or sniping it with kessen.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Image


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], LordWader, sgu97cab and 29 guests