How Do You "Collect" Your Frags?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Lord
Commodore
Posts: 121

How Do You "Collect" Your Frags?

Post#1 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:54 am

For me, l just collect the frags and have no intention to fully upgrade them at all. The only several useful frags and not yet maxed are flying skin/GR/TX/MTT/ITT/Kubaz. So just take daily HD and wars and that would be enough for me to success in both offence and defence.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title - Capitalized


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 5866

Re: How do you "collect" your frags?

Post#2 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:32 am

I collect all the Frags I can get, whether or not I plan to use them to Upgrade a Unit or Armory Equipment.

:arrow: The BIGGEST MISTAKE some Players make is telling themselves "I don't like / use that Unit so I am not going to Grind for Frags for it.".

By getting all the Frags you can, you eventually get enough Frags stockpiled to fully Upgrade a Unit (or Armory Equipment) to their Max Level which then drops them (until you begin to Upgrade them again) from your Frag Pool.

THIS IS IMPORTANT because by having less possible "Rewards" in SWC Events, will enable you when you get to those valuable Elite Event Crates to get Frags for Units / Armory Equipment that you really DO WANT!

AND SO... the best advice, is grind for all the Frags you can get and then use them as you see fit to upgrade those Units and/or Armory Equipment that you use the most and are most useful to your "SWC Playing Style".

Continuing the conversation...
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


strawman3125
Admiral
Posts: 653

Re: How do you "collect" your frags?

Post#3 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:27 am

1. I do HDs on all 6 worlds 2 times per day with the help of perks.
2. Play Events!!!
3. Play most conflicts - I usually try to get 2-4 UCs
4. War
5. Daily objectives - I do these only if I have time and only with my HQ9s (Prestige one take too much time to be worth it!) and only for objectives that take less than 15 minutes to complete

I do not grind in all conflicts to the same degree and I sometimes skip them completely, as I do not feel like spending the 12+ hours that are required (per UC) for a frag that I will never use. Real life is more important!

Eg: I did not grind in any of the pilot conflicts! When the Naval assault Event came around a few months ago I was kicking myself for not grinding in those conflicts because now I still needed 300+ frags to clear them out of the pool... by then end of the several week event, I had them maxed out with enough frags to get to Prestige level on all of my accounts and it took a lot less time and effort to get those frags than it would have taken in the conflicts, so not bad! I was also getting useful frags in the event so I did not feel like I was completely wasting my time, like I do in many conflicts. Sure, if I had ground in the pilot conflicts I could have maxed them out sooner in the event and gotten more Falcon/NavalOfficer frags, but I got them to level 8 anyways.


User avatar
Richaldo
Admiral
Posts: 988

Re: How do you "collect" your frags?

Post#4 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:15 am

DeathStriker wrote:I collect all the Frags I can get, whether or not I plan to use them to Upgrade a Unit or Armory Equipment.

:arrow: The BIGGEST MISTAKE some Players make is telling themselves "I don't like / use that Unit so I am not going to Grind for Frags for it.".

By getting all the Frags you can, you eventually get enough Frags stockpiled to fully Upgrade a Unit (or Armory Equipment) to their Max Level which then drops them (until you begin to Upgrade them again) from your Frag Pool.

THIS IS IMPORTANT because by having less possible "Rewards" in SWC Events, will enable you when you get to those valuable Elite Event Crates to get Frags for Units / Armory Equipment that you really DO WANT!

AND SO... the best advice, is grind for all the Frags you can get and then use them as you see fit to upgrade those Units and/or Armory Equipment that you use the most and are most useful to your "SWC Playing Style".

Continuing the conversation...


Whilst I take your point... I will say I've never seen a LIN frag in a HD crate, nor a great variety of others... Certain frags will be grouped together and so by all means grind for them - jumps, snipers, heavies etc... the generic pack.

I wouldn't for example grind for the special units I'll never use e.g. multiple levels of Rancor...

In my opinion - grind for anything on the 'key list' and anything else you want. If there is some rare thing to grind for, but you know heart on heart you won't use it... skip it. It won't feature in your daily objectives, hd, free crates etc... and so won't clog the frag pool. That's a popular misconception and for me those are the key points in the game to have a break.
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 162,650 medals


User avatar
lukeskywalker
Major General
Posts: 356

Re: How Do You "Collect" Your Frags?

Post#5 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:44 pm

Lord wrote:For me, l just collect the frags and have no intention to fully upgrade them at all. The only several useful frags and not yet maxed are flying skin/GR/TX/MTT/ITT/Kubaz. So just take daily HD and wars and that would be enough for me to success in both offence and defence.


This decision comes down to how frequently you play. With my max base, I try to collect every frag and upgrade every possible unit I can. I may take a breather on some events and conflicts like with the demo droids. In general though, as mentioned earlier, there is a benefit to pocketing as many frags as you can. Both DS and Richaldo brought very good points to the table. Richaldo is correct in that some frags may not have importance now, in terms of both usage and the impact on frag collecting. However, the game does evolve, so what is not important now, could become important later and you don't have control over what frags are available and when.

With my more casual bases, I will prioritize certain upgrades and events/conflicts and upgrade the high priority items first. The rest will be upgraded as needed. The other side is the longer you play the game, the more likely you will hit a point where all of your upgrades are done, so the next unit that you have ready for upgrade gets upgraded.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!


User avatar
Jaykoz3
Commodore
Posts: 144

Re: How Do You "Collect" Your Frags?

Post#6 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:56 pm

Remember when folks said that the new MTT was just another "useless" unit??? Remember when it turned out to be quite useful, and all of those players cried foul because frags for it haven't been made available again???


I member.........


Lord
Commodore
Posts: 121

Re: How Do You "Collect" Your Frags?

Post#7 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:36 pm

Jaykoz3 wrote:Remember when folks said that the new MTT was just another "useless" unit??? Remember when it turned out to be quite useful, and all of those players cried foul because frags for it haven't been made available again???


I member.........

As long as you have the sample of the unit,you will know whether the unit is useful at once.


User avatar
lukeskywalker
Major General
Posts: 356

Re: How Do You "Collect" Your Frags?

Post#8 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:55 pm

Lord wrote:
Jaykoz3 wrote:Remember when folks said that the new MTT was just another "useless" unit??? Remember when it turned out to be quite useful, and all of those players cried foul because frags for it haven't been made available again???


I member.........

As long as you have the sample of the unit,you will know whether the unit is useful at once.


Actually, that's not completely true. It's possible some might have that gift to immediately recognize the upside of all units, others may not. I would admit that I underestimated the usefulness of the A-A5's, when they were first introduced. They were underwhelming in tests, and I also had a preconceived bias because of the lack of usefulness of Wookiees at high HQ levels.

I did the unlock during the intro conflict, but would have gone for more UC's if I had realized the units potential. Especially in Tat wars. I took it more seriously the 2nd go around, but that was a long wait. You don't generally get a lot of samples, where you can test various load outs against high level bases. You are also unlikely to test 10 samples in one attack, if you only have 10 total. That lesson is what prompted me to go all in on the MTT's. The fact that they made the crates available with guaranteed draws of the unit frags made the decision easier.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!


User avatar
DesertPyramid
Admiral
Posts: 549

Re: How Do You "Collect" Your Frags?

Post#9 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:57 pm

I collect as many as I can as often as I can, but not to the extent that the grind takes me away from other things important to me. There are some units that I’d like to skip, but as DS said - the faster you max them out, the sooner the reward frag pool becomes smaller.

The other thing to think about is - how often has something gotten nerfed and made a previously unusable unit turn into something valuable? Not like the stats for units would ever change once launched... right?

As the little green guy said, “Always in motion the future is.”
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~56k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a


Shelendil
Admiral
Posts: 978

Re: How Do You "Collect" Your Frags?

Post#10 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:26 am

Indiscriminately vacuum them all up. *sssschooop*
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AlaricSkywalker, ComanderWolfe1, Facebook [Bot], Google [Bot], jaybinx, Lynch, mkenobi and 36 guests