Galaxy's Edge - Star Wars Theme Park

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Ghostie
Major General

Galaxy's Edge - Star Wars Theme Park

Post#1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:22 pm

Galaxy's Edge

So....with Galaxy's Edge recently opening in California.

What does everyone think of this new Star Wars based theme park?

Have any forum members visited yet? If so please share experience.

I plan on visiting this fall but the merchandise sure does seem pricey...lol.. as all theme parks are. My GF and I went to Universal earlier this year and I gave her a hard time about buying a 50 dollar Harry Potter wand...How can I justify a 200 dollar light saber experience or 100 dollars to build a droid? :lol:

I will post a few YouTube videos (Spoiler Alert) below of Galaxy's Edge for those not familiar with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKI9G6S-glA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfjHH83ksvE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC9PcN5wyuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gczwuihdq-A
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title To Better Reflect Topic - Added Original Title to Main Topic Post
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Gooner
Major General

Re: Galaxy's Edge

Post#2 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:03 pm

I Think It's gonna be great. I'm hoping they do one for Disneyland Paris make it easier for us Brits to get to.I'll certainly make the trip across the pond regardless of whether they build one in Paris or not.

TNT
Admiral

Post#3 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:15 am

It looks super awesome, but it's so hideously expensive I just can't see myself enjoying this. :(
Like if I wanted to get a lightsaber I'd have to fork over €400! Because I have no doubt my son would also want to have it.
And while I can pay that and not get into trouble, it's just way too expensive for a toy that I'll just mount on my wall.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

geoman48
Admiral

Post#4 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:48 am

Looks very cool. I didn't know it existed, thanks for posting links.

RogueTwo
Commander

Post#5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Looks amazing but I will wait for the "slow" season. I can hear the fireworks from our house and my mother in law works at Disney World (Orlando). Also, beed to wait for the other ride to open before we go. Sorry, no free tickets for you.

I will try out the hotel in the future as well.
JediKnights (Leader) -
RogueTwo - Prestige
Thing1 - Level 8
Thing2 - Level 8

Ghostie
Major General

Post#6 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:39 pm

RogueTwo wrote:Looks amazing but I will wait for the "slow" season. I can hear the fireworks from our house and my mother in law works at Disney World (Orlando). Also, beed to wait for the other ride to open before we go. Sorry, no free tickets for you.

I will try out the hotel in the future as well.

Nice...When you get to visit revive this thread and give us a review. I am hoping to get down this Fall to visit Galaxy's Edge and the haunted houses and new Hagrid ride at Universal. Wish I was as close to the action as you...I have a 12 hour drive unfortunately :(
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

sneakyzapper
Major General

Re: Galaxy's Edge - Star Wars Theme Park

Post#7 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:01 pm

I want to go.

Is it still only 4 hours per visit? lol.

geoman48
Admiral

Re: Galaxy's Edge - Star Wars Theme Park

Post#8 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:53 am

This is a really cool thread and i wanted to give it a bump in case somebody missed it! :mrgreen:

Return to “General Discussions”