Events Are Great For Low Level Players

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
CoolGuy
Admiral

Events Are Great For Low Level Players

Post#1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:45 pm

I started my mini base right at the start of this current Event (Questionable Cargo Part IV) and currently have my HQ at level 4. It was very easy to achieve the Event Points (EP) for each level and I got to the bonus crates very quickly. Along the way I picked up lots of great samples.

Since getting to the bonus crates I have gotten my Vanguards to level 5, Kessen to level 2, Fang to level 2 and Hawk to level 1. And I still have a few more bonus crates to come. It takes less than 10 minutes to get the EP required to start the bonus crate. In hindsight I should have started my mini base at the beginning of the 4 week Event.

The point being that if you are a low level player you should smash every Event that comes along and you will advance some important units very quickly. This also illustrates the vast gulf in difficulty of play between lower levels and Prestige. No wonder many Prestige players don't bother given the effort it takes to get 900 EPs for each bonus crate, but I guess the trade off is at Prestige most of your frag related units are already well advanced.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

lukeskywalker
Major General

Re: Events Are Great For Low Level Players

Post#2 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:21 pm

Events are an ideal format for lower level players, especially for players that have casual to moderate level involvement. Conflicts are only for serious/OCD players. For events, even if you don't get to the bonus crates, it's like getting an objective crate for every one or two 3 star win at the lower HQ levels. I would highly recommend new players take advantage of events to add samples and frags. Obviously, if you have leveled up enough to have the armory, it's even better.

My suggestion for any casual player, is to sit at level 7 or 8 and enjoy the game at that level and just accumulate frags and participate in events. If you do want to go to level 8 for the hero units, I would suggest a mini base, and add turrets to calibrate your level of competition. Level 8 can be a headache for max level bases, if you don't have the armory levels and skills to handle it. Prestige level is only for the most serious of players. It takes a time commitment to stay competitive at Prestige levels or compete in conflicts. Anyone can participate and benefit from Events.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Lord
Captain

Post#3 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:24 pm

And if you think the game take you too much time or you are losing interest abput this game, l recommand you to upgrade your HQ to 10 or prestige which will force you stop putting effort in the game by function. Also defence will be far easier if you get to level10or 11.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:39 am

Lord wrote:And if you think the game take you too much time or you are losing interest abput this game, l recommand you to upgrade your HQ to 10 or prestige which will force you stop putting effort in the game by function. Also defence will be far easier if you get to level10or 11.

No one's attacked my prestige base for over a month now, plus I've had shields down throughout that time...

Defense is fucking easy at this level.............. in fact it's non existent lol!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 25 Prestige 161900 medals

toname
Commodore

Post#5 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:54 am

I started an alt on May 4th to take advantage of the daily crate crystal bonanza. Got 4 droids and rushed the base to HQ6 by wednesday of the first event week. While playing 2 other bases, I collected the following:

Kessen lvl 6
Shock frags to prestige!
MTV-7 lvl 1
VT-49 lvl 4
TIE Striker lvl 4
Snowtrooper lvl 2
Shoretrooper lvl 5
Heavy Shoretrooper lvl 5
Sandtrooper lvl 2
TX lvl 7 (8 short of lvl 8)
AT-ACT lvl 4 (8 short of lvl 5)

Events are great, though I'm pretty glad for the break during the rancor conflicts.

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#6 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:35 pm

In contrast (to emphasize the OP’s point), I did a major grind on both Prestige Rebel bases, and for four weeks work, got exactly a 2 percent upgrade on my TXs (L9). I abandoned a couple maxed out Empire bases a couple years ago, may be time for another reset...

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:18 pm

It will all be fun until you blow it and max out your base score and medals. My secondary prestige base is a cakewalk because I keep the medals around 1000 and the base score is currently ~2500. I see dev bases on all planets (and some live ones), and I win most defenses (I get wiped occasionally on Tat or erkit). I win all my hd's with that base, and am ~4 months from maxing out all bronzium rewards (war crates are maxed). Events are easy, I opened 20+ bonus crates during each of the first two weeks of the last event, then quit when I was just getting striker frags.

Again, just don't blow it and collect medals. Use the daily objectives whenever possible as an excuse to dump them. Scout deployment crates are a godsend. It is hard to run a low medal/sandbagged base, though, because you can get caught in cnfo hell. I can only get down to about 500 medals; at that point, cnfo is a problem. It was a huge problem when I had one medal and a basecore of 900.

Legohood1478
Storm Trooper

Post#8 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:41 pm

Those Imperial troop transports are the best unit to have as a new player, you get two units in one. Ones aims for turrets while the other aims for whatever and it does sooo much damage. Super glad i got that on two of my accounts.

Return to “General Discussions”