How common are events?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DipstickPinez
Commander

How common are events?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:46 pm

How common are events like the current questionable cargo event? That event gives you like 20 yellow rings frags every few hours given you play enough and that’s still a lot even if you only do one a day. But from what I can tell all other sources are like 1 per crate assuming you perfect it, which seems slow as hell. So are you on a drought for yellow frags all the time, or are events like that fairly common?

Gooner
Major General

Re: How common are events?

Post#2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:08 pm

Events are a much better way of building up frags than conflicts In my opinion. Before prestige came out I remember being a level 7 and was maxed out in frags for a lot of great units. Kessen, Togs, A-wings plus the bronze frags for the armoury equipment not to mention all the samples you get from all the objectives is great too. they were quite common as well every other month or so we had one. I'm glad Zynga has brought them back because I have fun doing them and they're great for low-level players to acquire certain units and level them up if they play enough of course.

DipstickPinez
Commander

Post#3 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:41 pm

Yes that’s why I’m asking how common the events are. From what I can tell it’s a relative drought for frags, with probably every other fragment source in the game together still being roughly equal in amount to the elite crates for this event though the elite crate takes less work. So will I be stuck in this “drought” most of the time, or are events like this common? I rejoined and restated and the last time I played on my old account was probably a year ago.

Gooner
Major General

Post#4 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:44 pm

Now that Zynga has brought them back I'd expect them to be common. every other month or so we'll probably get them.

Lord
Captain

Post#5 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:34 am

NO, impossible, company can't earn money if they do that.

Gooner
Major General

Post#6 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:49 am

Lord wrote:NO, impossible, company can't earn money if they do that.

How is it Impossible. Disney ran them like that. and people are spending more on crystals for these events now than they were when it was just conflicts I know this because I'm spending more money now than I did.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#7 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:04 am

I am hoping that the "trend" continues, which is a 3-4 week event followed by 4-6 weeks of conflicts and then back to an event.

I hope they make events more frequent though, because I have no intention of grinding in conflicts moving forward. They require far too much time and effort! In an average week of an event I get about 200 frags and in the average week of a conflict I get 20 or 32 frags and the conflict requires far more time and effort.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:06 am

Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:38 am

I wish the events were on a more regular schedule, and only ran 1-2 weeks at a time. Four weeks is really pushing it. I am fortunate that I was maxed on everything I wanted on my main base going into this, so I have mostly ignored it. I did get the last four kubaz frags I needed on the very first day of the event. On my second base, I got everything maxed during the second week (including heavy shores and all storm trooper skins). I am just moving through the event stages for the elite frag given out with each crate with that base, and not going hard after bonus crates.

I have the striker at level four on both bases, and need 1400 or so frags to max it out, which is not in my game plan.

I'll be glad when this is over. I hope they do a strix beacon conflict cycle next.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:43 am

I agree with Gooner, Events are far better than conflicts when you just want to unlock the Event reward and/or maxed out different units in a short space of time through the Bonus Crates. Conflicts are time consuming, too much effort and most of time ends in frustration when you miss the last days or can't get the high leagues no matters how much you attacked.

The reason I gave up of conflicts with my two Prestige, and now I'm giving up with my low bases if the thresholds are too high. I can't play conflicts with al my bases, but I can play Events with 4, 5 or 6 bases if i want, and stop when I get satisfied or max out the units I want.

I agree with Boog. 4 weeks is too much, specially if the 4th week rewards the same than the first week (TX225). 3 weeks are good if they offer different rewards in every week, and not as in the Naval Event when the 3 week rewarded Pilot like the first week. 2 weeks would be perfect, with less EP for Bonus Crates like 450 EP for 3 rewards like it was in Naval Event.

900 EP for a single Elite Crate is not a Bonus if you are running Prestige bases, it's more like a punishment, like the destroy 219 turrets and 315 buildings, or earn 790 EP during the Event. If it wasn't that much, I would play with my two Prestige even with most of these units already maxed out, and the Bonus Crates rewarding now only frags for Heavy shore/Gigoran, Senator Leia/AT-ACT and TXs for both bases.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Return to “General Discussions”