How hard do people grind at the end of the conflict?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
chicohound
Commodore

Re: How hard do people grind at the end of the conflict?

Post#11 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:18 pm

Why grind? For all of the conflicts, other than the newly introduced unit(s), I've got that respective unit maxed so no need to grind.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#12 » Tue May 28, 2019 1:12 pm

Spock wrote:It’s actually the opposite for me.
I grind my hardest at the beginning and try and lock my desired league in early. Then jump to start on another planet while monitoring if I need to return to the first planet. Most of the time I don’t even play the final day or two unless I end up going for 4 or more planets.

Exactly the same as me... get it done early.. try and get solidly in that top 50... grind like crazy... then chill! I tend to sneak in a few games at the end if needed :)
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 25 Prestige 161900 medals

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#13 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:01 pm

DipstickPinez wrote:I know that people tend to grind more near the end of the conflict in order to push into x tier. So, is it possible to get an estimate on how much people grind? I know medal amounts vary by planet/ how much people are playing, but is it like twice as much near the end, or three times, or something else? I know this will probably we really hard to answer, but any kind of help would be nice.

As always, it just depends! I am a relative newbie in the UC space, for context, but I am now in (just about) the same place as Spock and Richaldo. Two examples to illustrate, using my chase for JK frags. First, the recent conflict on Kit. Found myself after countless (I think about 80 odd runs) @ 1.8% with about 3 hours to run. Gets the adrenalin going when you see the %age change by .01% every 10 or so minutes. So watched it like a hawk! Put in about 6 runs in that time, and ended up @ about 1.85% at the end. Prefer not to do it this way! Second, the current conflict on Tat. Got to 1.6% last night, which became about 1.95% with 10 hours to run. Put my new tortoise speeder boots on, and ended up at 1.14% with 4 hours to run. Safe UC. 50 attacks in the bag, so chilled at the end with a beer! A much better way!
Sorry, long answer to your question! Cheers!
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

sneakyzapper
Major General

Post#14 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:08 pm

I try to get done a day or two early and wait on the last day or two for any possible maintenance if possible.

Works best on not doing 6 ultra chrome worlds at a time.

Or if it's not a busy conflict week with a lot of points per planet.

It's nice having the last day or two to not need anything and relax too. Some conflicts are too busy for this method though.

Good luck.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#15 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:33 am

DipstickPinez wrote:I know that people tend to grind more near the end of the conflict in order to push into x tier. So, is it possible to get an estimate on how much people grind? I know medal amounts vary by planet/ how much people are playing, but is it like twice as much near the end, or three times, or something else? I know this will probably we really hard to answer, but any kind of help would be nice.

Another way to go about is to grind for the gears needed for UCL.

I've created a schedule of the number of gears needed for UCL since last September. You will find it here:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23500&start=60#p97448

Another forum member Toname has helped with some of the data (Thank you again, my friend).

As you will see the number of gears needed varies depending on the unit and whether there is an EP event on or not.

To ensure you reach UCL:
- check the last time the conflict reward unit was on offer,
- check the UCL threshold on that page, and
- make sure you get at least that many gears.

Whether you acquire them early in the conflict (like Spock and Richardo) or late (like many others) is up to you.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Lord
Captain

Post#16 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:43 pm

What makes you believe that all competitors in conflicts are people rather than AI made to up the score?
Fighting for conflict is played by the game company.

sneakyzapper
Major General

Post#17 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:26 am

Maybe a few work for the company. Some just like fragments lol.

Ghostie
Commodore

Post#18 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:53 am

"How hard do people grind at the end of the conflict?"

I just did 20k on Hoth last night to lock UC ….. so when conflicts reward valuable units and skins people grind very hard.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

chicohound
Commodore

Post#19 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:33 am

I find it comical that some responders say how much they grind and that they earn 6 UC's in a conflict. Everyone knows you ain't grinding @#$% because your bot program is doing all the work.

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#20 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:11 am

Ghostie wrote:"How hard do people grind at the end of the conflict?"

I just did 20k on Hoth last night to lock UC ….. so when conflicts reward valuable units and skins people grind very hard.

Lol I did something similar... retired from Hoth on 70k up in the top ten on Saturday... turned on last night and was sat at 1.74!!! Smashed in another 14k... just to be sure... !!!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 25 Prestige 161900 medals

Return to “General Discussions”