How hard do people grind at the end of the conflict?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DipstickPinez
Commander

How hard do people grind at the end of the conflict?

Post#1 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:57 pm

I know that people tend to grind more near the end of the conflict in order to push into x tier. So, is it possible to get an estimate on how much people grind? I know medal amounts vary by planet/ how much people are playing, but is it like twice as much near the end, or three times, or something else? I know this will probably we really hard to answer, but any kind of help would be nice.

Spock
Grand Admiral

Re: How hard do people grind at the end of the conflict?

Post#2 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:11 pm

It’s actually the opposite for me.
I grind my hardest at the beginning and try and lock my desired league in early. Then jump to start on another planet while monitoring if I need to return to the first planet. Most of the time I don’t even play the final day or two unless I end up going for 4 or more planets.

Leader of the Imperial_Enclave.

Check out our YouTube channel with almost 1 THOUSAND no outpost replays being shared. Quite possibly the largest collection of commander replays out there.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCW4iVRbrSDJHTBZobNNy7LA

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#3 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:34 pm

I leave for work with about 7 hours left in the typical conflict, so I’ve watched the way conflicts end fairly carefully for many years (I hate to log in and find an unexpected/disappointing Obsidian crate for one of my bases). The curve tracking gears needed for UC versus time left in the conflict follows a generally linear track until about that time, and then it takes on an ever-increasing slope as time counts down. The rate of increase is a function of the number of players on the planet (more players, less increase, as one would expect) and the desirability of the reward. It can get pretty steep on er’kit with a good reward as players battle to stay UC. Hope that helps - I assume you’re estimating the amount of effort required to hold a given level. I use Excel with a variety of curve-fitting techniques to ensure I’m not surprised.

DipstickPinez
Commander

Post#4 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:45 pm

So using a very, very, very rough estimate of how it's going to be, it would probably be about 2x the grind 6 hours left, 3x the grind 3 hours left, and then like 6x the grind within the last hour or two, assuming it's gong to be logistic ish. Any chance I can get an estimate on how high above the uc bar you have to be assuming you have like 12 hours left? This would be Tatooine.

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#5 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:19 pm

Spock wrote:It’s actually the opposite for me.
I grind my hardest at the beginning and try and lock my desired league in early. Then jump to start on another planet while monitoring if I need to return to the first planet. Most of the time I don’t even play the final day or two unless I end up going for 4 or more planets.

This. I monitor the final day to keep below 1%, but that is usually just an attack here-or-there.
In game name: Paper Tiger
Officer in: ThatsNoMoon
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

darthdoodie
Major General

Post#6 » Tue May 28, 2019 1:28 am

For the last ITT/WW conflict, I logged off hoth ~ 0.8% 7 hours to go, rejoined with 1.5 hrs to go at 2.2%. Attacking once every 15 minutes due to skipping lots of bases, I was actually dropping in standings with each attack. I needed samples and crystals to attack about once every 6 minutes and went from 1.95% to 1.70% with one 700 gear win with 1 minute left.

For desirable units - ITT/WW, dowtin truck will be the same, double the typical gear requirements and expect huge activity right till the end. Do what the others do and get your gears in the first few days, then just maintain. If you need to be securing UC at the death...there's a good chance you're going to miss it.

Approx gears required for a "normal" conflict:
20 - 25K Tat and Dando
30 - 35K Hoth
40 - 45K Tako and Yavin
45 - 50K on Erk.
Double those numbers for the next ITT/WW/DD conflict.

geoman48
Major General

Post#7 » Tue May 28, 2019 1:41 am

Dolphin75 wrote:I leave for work with about 7 hours left in the typical conflict, so I’ve watched the way conflicts end fairly carefully for many years (I hate to log in and find an unexpected/disappointing Obsidian crate for one of my bases). The curve tracking gears needed for UC versus time left in the conflict follows a generally linear track until about that time, and then it takes on an ever-increasing slope as time counts down. The rate of increase is a function of the number of players on the planet (more players, less increase, as one would expect) and the desirability of the reward. It can get pretty steep on er’kit with a good reward as players battle to stay UC. Hope that helps - I assume you’re estimating the amount of effort required to hold a given level. I use Excel with a variety of curve-fitting techniques to ensure I’m not surprised.

OP - Good question. The above is more detailed than I was going to answer so I'll just +1 Dolphin75. I'll simply add that if you want to ensure Ultra Chrome, I use the conflict tracker at http://gsow.net/conflicttracker.html and I monitor the number of players and time left then I guesstimate the needed conflict gears needed using what Dolphin said, though I tyipcally don't get so detailed that I graph it out in Excel (though admire the effort). :mrgreen:

DipstickPinez
Commander

Post#8 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:24 am

darthdoodie wrote:For the last ITT/WW conflict, I logged off hoth ~ 0.8% 7 hours to go, rejoined with 1.5 hrs to go at 2.2%. Attacking once every 15 minutes due to skipping lots of bases, I was actually dropping in standings with each attack. I needed samples and crystals to attack about once every 6 minutes and went from 1.95% to 1.70% with one 700 gear win with 1 minute left.

For desirable units - ITT/WW, dowtin truck will be the same, double the typical gear requirements and expect huge activity right till the end. Do what the others do and get your gears in the first few days, then just maintain. If you need to be securing UC at the death...there's a good chance you're going to miss it.

20 - 25K Tat and Dando
30 - 35K Hoth
40 - 45K Tako and Yavin
45 - 50K on Erk.

What’s an ITT/WW/DD?

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#9 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:42 am

DipstickPinez wrote:
darthdoodie wrote:For the last ITT/WW conflict, I logged off hoth ~ 0.8% 7 hours to go, rejoined with 1.5 hrs to go at 2.2%. Attacking once every 15 minutes due to skipping lots of bases, I was actually dropping in standings with each attack. I needed samples and crystals to attack about once every 6 minutes and went from 1.95% to 1.70% with one 700 gear win with 1 minute left.

20 - 25K Tat and Dando
30 - 35K Hoth
40 - 45K Tako and Yavin
45 - 50K on Erk.

What’s an ITT/WW/DD?

ITT -> Imperial Troop Transport
WW -> A-A5 Speeder Truck
DD -> Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport
In game name: Paper Tiger
Officer in: ThatsNoMoon
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:08 pm

This is the main reason I am advocating for 32/24/16/8/4/2/1 frag payout system, instead of 32/8/4/1. It shouldn't be devastating just to miss UC in the last hour, and you'd end up getting only 25% of what you were expecting to get.

Return to “General Discussions”