Overwhelming Power of New Units

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: Overwhelming Power of New Units

Post#21 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:38 pm

If players don't like the op new units, you can always petition Zynga to run LIN conflicts 24/7.

Williamdice
Commander

Post#22 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:12 am

DarkRebel wrote:Given the era of armory equipment, I don’t actually see these new units as overly OPed.

And this Forum is full of people moaning about how overpowered defence is since the advent of the Armory perhaps this provides some balance.

DarkRebel wrote:Yes, it would do well against war base (no equipment), but against real PVP bases, I don’t see L1-2 trucks being too powerful.

I can take out L5 outposts in war using just one L1 donut truck*, it costs me 25 contraband and cooks in just over 2.5 minutes. I'm happy with that but to take some outposts for 12 UC seems more powerful than any other unit or combination (but I'm not about to turn it down). (The closest comparison I can think of would be 2 heavies and a droid - 15UC, $2550, 6.5 mins (at L7) and I don't know if I would expect that to 100% an outpost although maybe I'll try out of curiosity).)

DarkRebel wrote:It’s a good unit, and fun to use.

I've gone in with a load out of 7 or 8 of them and it can be a dull way to fight, on the other hand though I expect 3* wins now :twisted:

* perhaps there is another thread to be started here: What is the fewest troops you can use to take down an outpost 8-) ;)

Gaardian
Captain

Post#23 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:44 am

1 Z95 and 2 Ithorian/Kubaz for Hoth Outpost.

10 cap

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#24 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:37 pm

Gaardian wrote:1 Z95 and 2 Ithorian/Kubaz for Hoth Outpost.

10 cap

We got lucky once and took down Hoth with 1 Z95 and 1 Infiltrator. However, the easier way is just 1 A-Wing to take down Hoth.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Lord
Captain

Post#25 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:42 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:

10 cap

We got lucky once and took down Hoth with 1 Z95 and 1 Infiltrator. However, the easier way is just 1 A-Wing to take down Hoth.

One atat is enough, taking less time to cook

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#26 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:20 pm

Lord wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:

10 cap

One atat is enough, taking less time to cook

The rebel option to that is the Elite AT-TE, but A-Wings are much more common, especially since the lower level players are the one's focusing on outposts and 99% of them don't have the Elite AT-TE as an option. I use my Prestige Elite AT-TE as my hero of choice on most attacks. A-Wings though, are quick. No dancing or waiting. Anytime you can turn an outpost back into your hands in a few seconds, it's worth it. We just crystal them.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Return to “General Discussions”