The Game Is Just About Dead

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
strawman3125
Admiral

Re: The Game Is Just About Dead

Post#41 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:12 am

lukeskywalker wrote:I think in terms of a drop in PvP attacking, I think it's primarily at the very high medal range of Prestige players where that is happening. Probably north of 120K medals. I attack live bases all the time with all of my level 7 through Prestige bases. The only exception is Er'kit where you would need to skip a lot of dev bases to find a real base. That was the case on Tat for a while, but Tat is mostly live bases these days. My Prestige base is only attacked a few times a day now, but all of my other bases are attacked several times a day. I still think PvP live base attacks still make up more than half of all attacks.

Interesting...

I would say that most of my attacks are against live players with my mini base and my medal dumped base (both HQ9) but for my Prestige base with 80K medals and very high base score, I can go for an entire conflict without attacking a player base... if a really easy one (that I can beat with a dev base troop loadout) comes up I will attack it but otherwise PVP is dead for that account.

It's not that it is impossible to attack player bases, it's just that it takes so much time to cook the air support and jumps that I could not even come close to being able to get the gears required for UCs. Even in events, I get to choose between camping on Hoth or Tako and getting dev bases withing 5 scouts or spending 30+ minutes trying to find a base that I can attack on other plants and I would never complete the event at that rate.

Having to hit next/skip for 30 minutes is not really playing the game, that's a waste of 30 minutes of my time and not fun at all. In my opinion, if a player cannot find a base that they can attack and hope to get 3 stars against withing 5 skips, there is something wrong with the game. The game should not be a competition to see how many times you can hit skip, it should be about actually attacking. Anyways, I can still attack on 2 planets with that account! Maybe if I upgrade my phone and the new one can scout a planet in less than a minute (like my iPad pro can) then I can medal dump my prestige account and it might be fun to do PVP with it again...

lukeskywalker
Major General

Re: The Game Is Just About Dead

Post#42 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:37 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:I think in terms of a drop in PvP attacking, I think it's primarily at the very high medal range of Prestige players where that is happening. Probably north of 120K medals. I attack live bases all the time with all of my level 7 through Prestige bases. The only exception is Er'kit where you would need to skip a lot of dev bases to find a real base. That was the case on Tat for a while, but Tat is mostly live bases these days. My Prestige base is only attacked a few times a day now, but all of my other bases are attacked several times a day. I still think PvP live base attacks still make up more than half of all attacks.

<cut>

It's not that it is impossible to attack player bases, it's just that it takes so much time to cook the air support and jumps that I could not even come close to being able to get the gears required for UCs. Even in events, I get to choose between camping on Hoth or Tako and getting dev bases withing 5 scouts or spending 30+ minutes trying to find a base that I can attack on other plants and I would never complete the event at that rate.

Having to hit next/skip for 30 minutes is not really playing the game, that's a waste of 30 minutes of my time and not fun at all. In my opinion, if a player cannot find a base that they can attack and hope to get 3 stars against withing 5 skips, there is something wrong with the game. The game should not be a competition to see how many times you can hit skip, it should be about actually attacking. Anyways, I can still attack on 2 planets with that account! Maybe if I upgrade my phone and the new one can scout a planet in less than a minute (like my iPad pro can) then I can medal dump my prestige account and it might be fun to do PVP with it again...

I don't disagree with the logic. Er'Kit is easy for me, because it's all dev bases. In conflicts and events it makes sense to attack dev bases. They provide the best ROI because of starship cooktimes. I will attack a dev base if presented, but I'm just not seeing many of them. Some of it is my time zone. I'm about 6 hours or more behind prime time. I don't see very many dev bases, except on Er'Kit as mentioned. My level 9 base is seeing almost all level 10's and Prestige with gr. I really need to grind for that base, to get UC's. Luckily the gr on those bases are probably under level 5 or 6, so it's not that hard to trap them. The game is very different for people, because there are so many variables. Base score, medal count, faction, even time zone plays a factor.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Return to “General Discussions”