The Game Is Just About Dead

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Richaldo
Admiral

Re: The Game Is Just About Dead

Post#31 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:16 am

I think it's fair to say from the above responses to this post... the game is far from dead! It might not be perfect... but hey... it's still a good way to pass the time... I'd hate for the game to be shut down, I've still a lot of love for SWC ... I'll still moan on here a lot, but my heart is in the right place...!

We lost a lot of amazing guys in our squad since prestige, but the new guys in our team have really added to our groupe, and I still love this forum.

End of the day... the game is what you make it.

Onwards and upwards my friends!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 162,650 medals

BusuBoots
Captain

Post#32 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:22 am

I'm positive that I'm addicted to this game.... the grind continues. I think I would be upset if the powers that be folded the game, but I'd probably also be relieved;)

Boots
Spawn Rising is our feeder squad. We need active commanders. Join now!

Harshit
Major General

Post#33 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:05 am

I have many things to complaint about the game and about the lack of some entirely new things such as new Game Modes. I am not listing them down here because I feel if they did, still complaints will be coming to the devs.
To feel more joy I play other games and just come back to pay some upgrades and "hi-hello" to squadmates. That's the better way for me atleast.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#34 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:30 am

Good points on Darthdoodie post.

The game is dead because it used to be a PvP game based on individual skills and attack/defense strategy, but since Armory was introduced it killed the game because it killed the fun when no more skills or strategy became more necessary and made the game an unstoppable race for crates. It's now more like a job than a game, and games should be played to occupy your free time when you don't have anything better to do.

@CoolGuy, I was exactly like you when Armory was introduced and it killed my HQ 10 on Windows, I couldn't win attacks or defenses and decided to unbuild my base and leave, starting a new one only to play for the Armory, but I'm survivor like you, from Windows and all that crap.

But is still possible find some fun in the game. And what I don't understand is why you keep complaining. You are Prestige -- there's no one above you --, you are maxed out and medal capped. What the hell you thought you would get with this 3 things? Only beasts to attack and defend from, of course.

And of course, there are the bad matchmaking system and poor rewards that don't worth the effort of playing the game for hours every day. But Prestige players can't complain about matchmaking, only about the poor rewards.

You know how the game works when you have the high ground, max base score and medals, you aren't a noob because on Windows the things were worse and you should have learned with that. And we didn't have Dev bases on Windows, but 20 stars to change planet and only CNFOs.

The game is broken in multiple aspects, especially on matchmaking -- but only if you have an HQ 7 or HQ 8 for example and fights 10 and Prestige --, and the balance between attack and defense (with defenses outpacing attacks currently), but it's still funny, it's still playable, and it's SW and SW Original trilogy.

Prestige players won the game, they can just sit now and enjoy the top of the food chain. That's what I'm doing, but if something interest me, I play the game -- conflicts, events, squad wars -- and deal with the problems the game has. If the problems don't worth the effort, I just sit and wait for something better to come, and enjoy real life, or other games or keep playing with my low bases.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

sneakyzapper
Major General

Post#35 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:17 pm

Seems alive and well lol.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#36 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:40 pm

I do understand that the chase for crates can be a grind, and it's not for everyone. Here's my suggestion to all players who do not like the chase for crates. Start a new base and max it out at level 7, 8, or 9. You adjust your base score and units, using your knowledge of the game, so it's a fair fight with your opponents, but you get to use all units and you don't need the armory. It's possible and can be enjoyable. The game as I suspect it was originally intended pre-armory, and you control the balance issues.

The great thing about this game, is you do have a lot of control over what you want it to be. We are not as dependent on the devs as we sometimes think we are. Players who get drawn into the max your base, max your medals, and max your frags/armory aspect, are accepting the grind as part of the fun and should expect to be matched up with the best of the best. You have the option to avoid it, and the medals and base score aspect that is scorned by some, is really the road to making the game a game. I have found that HQ8, no armory, 4-6 level 6 turrets, no traps, troop & vehicle level 5-6, seems to get close. I'm still tweaking this. Obviously, if you overshoot the mark, you need to start over. That's the downside.

Just a thought.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Ghostie
Commodore

Post#37 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:05 pm

sneakyzapper wrote:Seems alive and well lol.

AGREE 10000000000%

This game has always been what you put into it...Some people invest time and some invest cash and both ways can get you competitive.

I invest both time and cash into game because I enjoy it.

I am also very thankful to all players that do invest cash into this game to keep the lights on.

Find your nitch in the game..... Squad Wars, PvP, Conflicts, EP events, Socialization in squad, Line community....etc...etc...there is a little something for everyone if you look hard enough. Enjoy the ride!

One last thought on the lack of PvP attacking my short term solution would be to up conflict gears/EP points/medals on these high level PvP bases to a level that it would be an incentive (+ROI) to attack them instead of a detriment.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#38 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:33 pm

I think in terms of a drop in PvP attacking, I think it's primarily at the very high medal range of Prestige players where that is happening. Probably north of 120K medals. I attack live bases all the time with all of my level 7 through Prestige bases. The only exception is Er'kit where you would need to skip a lot of dev bases to find a real base. That was the case on Tat for a while, but Tat is mostly live bases these days. My Prestige base is only attacked a few times a day now, but all of my other bases are attacked several times a day. I still think PvP live base attacks still make up more than half of all attacks.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

sneakyzapper
Major General

Post#39 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:49 pm

Ghostie wrote:
sneakyzapper wrote:Seems alive and well lol.

AGREE 10000000000%

This game has always been what you put into it...Some people invest time and some invest cash and both ways can get you competitive.

I invest both time and cash into game because I enjoy it.

I am also very thankful to all players that do invest cash into this game to keep the lights on.

Find your nitch in the game..... Squad Wars, PvP, Conflicts, EP events, Socialization in squad, Line community....etc...etc...there is a little something for everyone if you look hard enough. Enjoy the ride!

One last thought on the lack of PvP attacking my short term solution would be to up conflict gears/EP points/medals on these high level PvP bases to a level that it would be an incentive (+ROI) to attack them instead of a detriment.

Indeed.

I have stuff maxed out but still find the game has things to do eventually.

Sometimes it's not every week or month you need something or want to do something.

Time off without needed things is not bad either.

It's what you make of it for sure.

Gooner
Major General

Post#40 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:59 pm

The Game is most certainly alive and well. I'm happy with Zynga/Natural motion they've given us events back which is my favourite part of the game. They're also implementing some of their own ideas into the game such as the 50% Vehicle research time we've just had we've got customer support that does listen to us. they're reading the forum and getting ideas from us players. I also saw somebody post that there's been a rise in new commanders for both factions. Granted the game isn't in a perfect state but let's not forget Disney left them with an absolute mess in the game coding to figure out / repair. Rome wasn't built in a day. The OP who's constantly posting negative topics doesn't help much when you're seeing daily posts either moaning about medal dumpers, dev bases, conflict gears, and other general complaints. if you're not happy which you clearly aren't. then either find your space within the game something you enjoy or take a break and come back. or just move on but please relax the negative posts. while I respect you and your posts it's getting a bit much with the constant gripes. you're better than that start trying to have fun again.

Return to “General Discussions”