What kind of device do you use to play SWC?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Ghostie
Major General

What kind of device do you use to play SWC?

Post#1 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:57 am

I am in the market for a new mobile device as my LG tablet took a swim to the bottom of the lake a couple of weekends ago. :(

I still have my PC which I use an emulator and my LG phone, but when I play on my phone I can't hit the broad side of a barn with Kessen. The screen is tiny and even with my stylus I lose about 35% accuracy...which sucks.

So guys/gals list what mobile device you use to currently play the game, along with pros and cons of each device, and price range of the device. Ideally I would like to stay under 200 bucks as a budget.

Thanks...and I hope you guys/gals can help me make a wise choice on a new mobile device in the coming weeks.
Last edited by Ghostie on Mon May 13, 2019 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

JARJAR
Commodore

Re: What kind of device do you use to play SWC?

Post#2 » Mon May 13, 2019 1:29 am

PC o mac? with windows you can use facebook gameroom instead emulator

Ghostie
Major General

Post#3 » Mon May 13, 2019 1:43 am

JARJAR wrote:PC o mac? with windows you can use facebook gameroom instead emulator

PC

I do use FB Gameroom.... forgot to add that and the emulator I use is Nox when playing on PC.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:36 am

Ghostie wrote:So guys/gals list what mobile device you use to currently play the game, along with pros and cons of each device, and price range of the device. Ideally I would like to stay under 200 bucks as a budget.

Ghostie - I use iOS Game Devices exclusively on all 3 of my accounts (1 iPhone 8, 2 iPad Pros). I also have a Mac PC but I don't have the game loaded there.

iOS has historically had the least amount of game issues, followed by Android, followed in a far distant third Facebook Game Room on a PC.

Given your "budget" of $200 or Less you can check out "Used" or 'Refurbished" Tablets (the larger the screen the better), perhaps iOS Game Devices like a iPad, or iPad Mini 4, etc, but in reality you will most likely go with some Android Product which I am not qualified to answer.

:arrow: iOS DEVICE EXAMPLE 1: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/FP2F ... Space-Gray
:arrow: iOS DEVICE EXAMPLE 2: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/FK9P ... 8gb-silver

Hope you have success in finding your next gaming device...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#5 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:08 am

I play on several old Samsung devices (Galaxy S8+, Tab S2, Note 4) and one iPad Pro. The Samsung devices are all horribly slow... where the iPad is amazing. I also have Gameroom installed on my PC but it takes up 100% of my CPU all the time and it seems to miss about 1 in 5 clicks so it's pretty much useless.

I am curious as to how well the game plays on the new Samsung Galaxy S10? I hear it has 6GB of ram. Does anyone play on this?

Josketer
Major General

Post#6 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:26 pm

If I am at home, I use my PC and play through FB Gameroom. My PC is a few old but powerful, Fx-6300 - 8 Gb ram DDR3 1866Mhz - Geforce GTX 960 4GB Vram GDDR 5 - etc ...
Outside the house, I use my LG G5 ..., it's a cell phone from 2016, but with its Snapdragon 820 - 4Gb RAM - Adreno 530 GPU, the game works well for me.
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#7 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:30 pm

The latest generation of iPad got a new processor that makes the game run very smoothly. It's $250, but I highly recommend it. I also have an older iPad air, and the lag between barracks is noticeable.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Werowe4
Captain

Post#8 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:33 pm

I use iPhone X on my main account and FaceBook gameroom on a laptop for my secondary account. For the former, I like the simplicity of recording replays/SW attacks but I do like the generally "wider" feel that the latter has. I find that FaceBook gameroom can be buggy more frequently though.
- Werowe4 | Sanctuary_reboot Officer
Sanctuary_reboot is recruiting active, lvl 6+ imperials. We’re a close-knit squad whose members are mostly active daily and very supportive; your SC will never go empty with us. For more: https://tinyurl.com/y5pun3j8

Return to “General Discussions”