EVENT: Questionable Cargo 2 (Rogue One Event #4) - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
sgu97cab
Major General

Re: EVENT: Questionable Cargo 2 (Rogue One Event #4) - Discussion Topic

Post#91 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Ive been on bonus crates for a few days now. The 900ep is more painful than the last EP event 450 but I came up with a bunch of tips for my squad mates for how to best tackle this. This has pretty much been my strategy ever since EP events were implemented...

1) Make sure to get a good start on the event. Complete first couple of days stages asap. Later stages have longer research times. If you fall behind in first couple of days you will struggle to make up time and get to bonus crates (these are where the real rewards kick in). If you really want to get max bonus crates it's worth getting in a couple of mid night attacks so that you can earn EP and get researching again.

2) Set up your objectives and heroics in advance because these earn you EP. For example which you are researching a stage 'nearly' complete all the objectives. I.e. If u have to build 20 units build 19. If you have to deploy 100 storms, deploy 99. Then wait til the next time you have to earn EP to complete them. This was you will more quickly get the EP you need and can hit research again asap.

2.a) For me, its all about the bonus crates, therefore in relation to point 2 I really don't care if I lose medals if it means I can complete the objectives and earn EP quicker, especially if its on planets where there are less dev bases, and if they are deploy objectives for units which you dont usually use for pvp. Also, if those objectives are for units where you dont use them much and you have loads in inventory then just use inventory units to save waiting on cooking.

3) Similar to 2 but with your heroics. Try and time them so that you jump planets for next heroics only when you are about to need to earn EP again, and/or if you know heroics are about to reset for the day then dont log into game until you know its close to when your next research will finish, otherwise you will waste the 110 EP

4) Try and stay on planets where you know you will get more dev bases. This means you will more easily 3 star and get max EP and also be able to hit more dev bases with a shorter troop reload time between attacks. As imperial I find most on Tako, Hoth, Yavin, and to a lesser extent Dandoran.

5) Make a post-it note of when your research will be complete. This way you will know when you need to log on and start earning EP again. If you want to be super anal set your phone alarm.

6) If you want to quickly get EP for another research e.g. while you are at work and only have a short break then save up points 2 & 3 for all planets, then activate Orbital Reckoning and another planet hopping perk so you can smash out all 6 heroics and finish off almost complete objectives to get the 900 EP super quickly.

If anyone else has any useful tips and tricks I havent thought of please share.
Main account:BaconSecond account:nEggs
Squads:NewSithEmpire, NewDarkEmpire,F-Deathsquad-D
LINE ID: sgu97cab

***If any players want to get involved in no outpost wars please PM me on this forum or on LINE app***

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#92 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:13 pm

There are bonus EP awarded as you transition through the Conflict Reward Tiers as well. (One exception seems to be a bug at Obsidian that doesn’t award points). Those can help speed up EP research if timed well.

Remember you do not have to play for the EP / bonus crates at the end. Just getting some of the Bronzium crates will accelerate how quickly you can upgrade troop skins in the Armory,

The most valuable thing I got from this EP week was getting UC in the conflict to max the HWK in Prestige. With work travel and other things going, this was the best I could do given the 900EP requirements from around mission 16 or so.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~56k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

sgu97cab
Major General

Post#93 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 pm

The EP awarded for reaching conflict tiers has always seemed to be very glitchy ever since the EP events came out...sometimes you get it sometimes you dont....best to not bank on it and if you get it, its a bonus
Main account:BaconSecond account:nEggs
Squads:NewSithEmpire, NewDarkEmpire,F-Deathsquad-D
LINE ID: sgu97cab

***If any players want to get involved in no outpost wars please PM me on this forum or on LINE app***

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#94 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:34 pm

My strategy for elite crates has been: Planet hop, HD & 1 easy crate - 160 points, then five games...

Log out for a bit... rinse and repeat... it's a 3ish hour cycle... but just about works!!!

I've just set off my morning crate and now off to work... hoping to get in one more cheeky crate in the day to complete this batch (hopefully after all this work a TX upgrade - just 16 frags to go!!!)

After this one I'm going to take some time out... maybe have a week off and come back fresh for the one after next :)

Good luck people!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 164,500 medals

sneakyzapper
Major General

Post#95 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:24 am

Ended up with maxing the elite event crates this week after all.

4 hours to spare. 370 Tie strikers collected for prestige from level 10 to up it.

I need about 10 frags of ig 86 left then ill be done with everything this event can have frag wise from stage rewards too.

I'll be doing the event to get samples though on the next weeks. Nice to not need anything else past that though.

No conflict needs either too this week. Relaxing times ahead.

Good luck everyone.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#96 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:41 am

I was 14 frags away from maxing the tx225 on my secondary base, with two easy crates to go. The crate I just opened had three tx awards, and all three were for two fucking frags. Now, I need 8 in my final crate or I'll have to use xtals to finish the fucker off, which is what I want to do to avoid getting two frags in a war crate.

AlaricSkywalker
Captain

Post#97 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:53 am

Boog wrote:I was 14 frags away from maxing the tx225 on my secondary base, with two easy crates to go. The crate I just opened had three tx awards, and all three were for two fucking frags. Now, I need 8 in my final crate or I'll have to use xtals to finish the fucker off, which is what I want to do to avoid getting two frags in a war crate.

You know the final week has the reward of tx tank frags at the end that'll be more than enough to finish it off, right?

DeathStriker

Post#98 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:57 am

Why I Chase Elite Event Crates

Elite Event Crate - HQ 8 Account - Rebel Faction
(Click here to view LARGER image)

:arrow: Count them - 19 TX-225 Frags - in 1 Crate!! :o :D

AND THAT in addition to the 20 TX-225 Frags from Week #1 Main Objective, along with "other" TX-225 Frags and Frags for "other" Units.

If you have not done so yet, join the Elite Event Crate Club and win big! :lol:

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#99 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:29 am

AlaricSkywalker wrote:
Boog wrote:I was 14 frags away from maxing the tx225 on my secondary base, with two easy crates to go. The crate I just opened had three tx awards, and all three were for two fucking frags. Now, I need 8 in my final crate or I'll have to use xtals to finish the fucker off, which is what I want to do to avoid getting two frags in a war crate.

You know the final week has the reward of tx tank frags at the end that'll be more than enough to finish it off, right?

Sure, but my goal is to be done with it now.

Gooner
Major General

Post#100 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:56 am

DeathStriker wrote:Why I Chase Elite Event Crates

Elite Event Crate - HQ 8 Account - Rebel Faction
(Click here to view LARGER image)

:arrow: Count them - 19 TX-225 Frags - in 1 Crate!! :o :D

AND THAT in addition to the 20 TX-225 Frags from Week #1 Main Objective, along with "other" TX-225 Frags and Frags for "other" Units.

If you have not done so yet, join the Elite Event Crate Club and win big! :lol:

Nice one DS. That's pretty much an ultra chrome conflict crate right there. Makes events so much better than conflicts be it 900EP 720 or 450 The Reward for the grind pays off.

Return to “General Discussions”