Ive been on bonus crates for a few days now. The 900ep is more painful than the last EP event 450 but I came up with a bunch of tips for my squad mates for how to best tackle this. This has pretty much been my strategy ever since EP events were implemented...
1) Make sure to get a good start on the event. Complete first couple of days stages asap. Later stages have longer research times. If you fall behind in first couple of days you will struggle to make up time and get to bonus crates (these are where the real rewards kick in). If you really want to get max bonus crates it's worth getting in a couple of mid night attacks so that you can earn EP and get researching again.
2) Set up your objectives and heroics in advance because these earn you EP. For example which you are researching a stage 'nearly' complete all the objectives. I.e. If u have to build 20 units build 19. If you have to deploy 100 storms, deploy 99. Then wait til the next time you have to earn EP to complete them. This was you will more quickly get the EP you need and can hit research again asap.
2.a) For me, its all about the bonus crates, therefore in relation to point 2 I really don't care if I lose medals if it means I can complete the objectives and earn EP quicker, especially if its on planets where there are less dev bases, and if they are deploy objectives for units which you dont usually use for pvp. Also, if those objectives are for units where you dont use them much and you have loads in inventory then just use inventory units to save waiting on cooking.
3) Similar to 2 but with your heroics. Try and time them so that you jump planets for next heroics only when you are about to need to earn EP again, and/or if you know heroics are about to reset for the day then dont log into game until you know its close to when your next research will finish, otherwise you will waste the 110 EP
4) Try and stay on planets where you know you will get more dev bases. This means you will more easily 3 star and get max EP and also be able to hit more dev bases with a shorter troop reload time between attacks. As imperial I find most on Tako, Hoth, Yavin, and to a lesser extent Dandoran.
5) Make a post-it note of when your research will be complete. This way you will know when you need to log on and start earning EP again. If you want to be super anal set your phone alarm.
6) If you want to quickly get EP for another research e.g. while you are at work and only have a short break then save up points 2 & 3 for all planets, then activate Orbital Reckoning and another planet hopping perk so you can smash out all 6 heroics and finish off almost complete objectives to get the 900 EP super quickly.
If anyone else has any useful tips and tricks I havent thought of please share.
Main account: Bacon (level 11)
Second account: nEggs (level 11)
Squad - NewSithEmpire
LINE ID: sgu97cab