EVENT: Questionable Cargo 2 (Rogue One Event #4) - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Re: EVENT: Questionable Cargo 2 (Rogue One Event #4) - Discussion Topic

Post#101 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:02 am

I smashed it. Security dude maxed, TX and Tie striker up to level 9 & 7 respectively... even got some nice upgrades for my little base :)

Now rest........ endless rest!!!!!!!!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 165,050 medals. Killing rebels since 2014!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#102 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:09 am

AlaricSkywalker wrote:
Boog wrote:I was 14 frags away from maxing the tx225 on my secondary base, with two easy crates to go. The crate I just opened had three tx awards, and all three were for two fucking frags. Now, I need 8 in my final crate or I'll have to use xtals to finish the fucker off, which is what I want to do to avoid getting two frags in a war crate.

You know the final week has the reward of tx tank frags at the end that'll be more than enough to finish it off, right?

The second crate I opened this morning had TX frags in the first reward; it did not say how many, but the icon said I was at 400/180, which is maxed. I got 2 more TX rewards, both had no number for how many, but when it was all said and done, I maxed it out. These crates are always buggy near the end when maxing out equipment, but in my experience not when maxing out units.

Next week, I need 104 frags to finish the heavy shoretrooper on this base, then I'm completely done with this event. I will probably go through the first 24 stages just to get the frags and samples offered, but won't need the final reward or bonus crates. I have the striker at level 4 on both my bases, and could give a shit about ever getting another striker frag.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#103 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:14 am

Gooner wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:Why I Chase Elite Event Crates

{image removed}

:arrow: Count them - 19 TX-225 Frags - in 1 Crate!! :o :D

Nice one DS. That's pretty much an ultra chrome conflict crate right there. Makes events so much better than conflicts be it 900EP 720 or 450 The Reward for the grind pays off.

I think less means more. Less EP even if the Crates have less rewards, encourage more players to play the Event, as we saw in the Naval Event -- 450 EP, or only 3 attacks if you can't use HDs or Objectives to earn EP. The previous Event succeed because the Event units were great and desirable, and we didn't have any event/conflict for Old Elites except in Wars since Prestige.

I can't play conflicts with 6 bases. But I played the Naval Event with 6 bases (2 HQ 6, 1 HQ 8, 1 HQ 9 and 2 Prestige) and maxed out all Elites for 4 accounts, and it was fun, and I enjoyed. I tried this first week with 6 accounts, but I just gave up when I saw the 900 EP for Prestige.

I'm seeing many players complaining about the EP requirements now. I think 900 EP for Prestige is abusive. And I'm considering not playing with my HQ 8 and HQ 9 also (because they fights only 10s and Prestige rivals due to max base score and high medals, respectively) and even if the EP is not 900 as it's for Prestige but 720 EP is a lot of effort. Not much if you play with only one base, but I and many here play with 2 or more accounts.

This reinforces my vision that Events were intentional designed for low levels as it seems they punish the highest HQs -- or Devs are really stupid.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu May 16, 2019 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#104 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 am

Boog wrote:
AlaricSkywalker wrote:
Boog wrote:I was 14 frags away from maxing the tx225 on my secondary base, with two easy crates to go. The crate I just opened had three tx awards, and all three were for two fucking frags. Now, I need 8 in my final crate or I'll have to use xtals to finish the fucker off, which is what I want to do to avoid getting two frags in a war crate.

You know the final week has the reward of tx tank frags at the end that'll be more than enough to finish it off, right?

The second crate I opened this morning had TX frags in the first reward; it did not say how many, but the icon said I was at 400/180, which is maxed. I got 2 more TX rewards, both had no number for how many, but when it was all said and done, I maxed it out. These crates are always buggy near the end when maxing out equipment, but in my experience not when maxing out units.

Next week, I need 104 frags to finish the heavy shoretrooper on this base, then I'm completely done with this event. I will probably go through the first 24 stages just to get the frags and samples offered, but won't need the final reward or bonus crates. I have the striker at level 4 on both my bases, and could give a shit about ever getting another striker frag.

I had lots of this kind of issues in the previous Naval Event when I was trying to max out the Elites for 4 of my acc.

First, the Main Event Crate screen showed 20 frags for Pilot instead 32 for my Rebel HQ 8. I took a print to send to Devs, but as I could max the unit in the Elite Crates, I forgot about this.

And even after max out the A-Wing for my Rebel HQ 9, I got rewards for them in the Elite Crates -- one Crate had 2 rewards for A-Wings with no frags number, but it was 2 rewards for an unit I already had maxed out using the space of others I still was trying to get!

And Kessen that was near to max out to Prestige for my HQ 9 also have wrong numbers in the frags, like 1 or 2 frags, instead of 4 or 5, in the last Crates I opened untill I was able to max Kessen and stop receiving frags for him.

When you are in the rush to max out all Elites for many acc this is that kind of thing that can be really annoying. As I finished with every thing maxed out, I didn't send any ticket to support -- just a wasting of time anyway.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

Gooner
Major General

Post#105 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:29 am

mkenobi wrote:
Gooner wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:Why I Chase Elite Event Crates

{image removed}

:arrow: Count them - 19 TX-225 Frags - in 1 Crate!! :o :D

Nice one DS. That's pretty much an ultra chrome conflict crate right there. Makes events so much better than conflicts be it 900EP 720 or 450 The Reward for the grind pays off.

I think less means more. Less EP even if the Crates have less rewards, encourage more players to play the Event, as we saw in the Naval Event -- 450 EP, or only 3 attacks if you can't use HDs or Objectives to earn EP. ...

I'm seeing many players complaining about the EP requirements now. I think 900 EP for Prestige is abusive. And I'm considering not playing with my HQ 8 and HQ 9 also (because they fights only 10s and Prestige rivals due to max base score and high medals, respectively) and even if the EP is not 900 as it's for Prestige but 720 EP is a lot of effort. Not much if you play with only one base, but I and many here play with 2 or more accounts.

This reinforces my vision that Events were intentional designed for low levels as it seems they punish the highest HQs -- or Devs are really stupid.

Just make it 600 EP for all levels 4 x 3 Star attacks. That's not unreasonable I think that'd be ok with most players.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu May 16, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#106 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:44 am

I just opened my last crate for my Prestige account for the first week of the event. It was good week! I got:
Maxed Droid frags!
+1 lvl Togs
+1 lvl TXs
+1 lv ATACT

Not bad!

At this point the only frags that I really care about with this account are the Tog frags. I should max out the heavy shore troopers by the end of the next three weeks of conflicts and with a bit of luck add another level or two to my togs. I will not be able to get enough striker, TX or ATACT to get another level before the end, so they are just a slow grind.

My other accounts either unlocked all of the unlockable units or added a level or two to each of them.

Now it's time to take a breather for an hour or two before it all starts up again!

DeathStriker

Post#107 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:00 am

NOTICE: Event - Questionable Cargo #2 - Week #1 - Has Ended

SWC Event - Questionable Cargo #2 - Week #1 - has ended.

Post how you did if you wish.

:arrow: In 2 hours SWC Event - Questionable Cargo #2 - Week #2 begins...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DeathStriker

Post#108 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:00 am

MY EVENT STATUS (Week #1) - Final Report:

1. HQ 11

{Did Not Complete / Did Not Participate}
  2. HQ 8

Completed Objective #25 (Main Objective) with 1 day to go and got some Elite Crates but did not record what and how much was Rewarded but saw mostly TX-225 Frags an example of which I posted here.
  3. HQ 6

• Total Crates Opened: 12
    • Elite Unit - Starship - Fang Fighter
      (Start Level 4, 62/75 Frags toward Level 5 Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 23
      • Events: Level 5 Upgrade Available, 10/105 Frags towards Level 6 Upgrade :D
    • Elite Armory Equipment - Hero - Senator Leia Organa
      (Start Level 2, 1/20 Frags toward Level 3 Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 30 (Includes 2 from HD Crate)
      • Events: Level 3 Upgrade, 11/30 Frags towards Level 4 Upgrade :D
    • Elite Armory Equipment - Infantry - Rebel Commando
      (Start Level 5, 22/70 Frags toward Level 6 Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 32 (Includes 4 from HD Crate)
      • Events: No Upgrade, 54/70 Frags towards Level 6 Upgrade
    • Elite Armory Equipment - Infantry - Gigoran Fighter
      (Start Level 3, 6/30 Frags toward Level 4 Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 39
      • Events: Level 4 Upgrade, 15/50 Frags towards Level 5 Upgrade :D
    • Elite Armory Equipment - Vehicle - TX-225
      (Start Level 0, 9/20 Frags toward Level 1 Upgrade)

• Total Frags Received: 123 (Includes 20 from Main Objective)
      • Events: Level 1 Unlock, Level 2 to Level 5 Upgrades, 2/70 Frags towards Level 6 Upgrade :D
AND NOW... On to Week #2 and more EP Grinding to get to those Final Elite Event Crates...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Jlspa2291

Post#109 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:19 am

Finished event as well.

Tamarack
Commodore

Post#110 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:35 am

Well here is how I did on the last event.

I used my prestige account and finished all the parts and picked up 1 bonus crate. I picked up enough frags to upgrade my security droid and tank one step. My bonus crate was heavy trooper/security droid/and fighter frags.

Overall it was fun. I'll do the next one along the way. Only complaint are the first two reward steps were for alloy and money, which I don't need.

See you next round!
Tamarack
Leader of Sleepoverclub because all of the other people left and I was given the default leadership!

Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

Return to “General Discussions”