No Skills Necessary-Just Upgrade Your Salvage Transport to Beat Any Player

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Rebelscummer
Major General

Re: No Skills Necessary-Just Upgrade Your Salvage Transport to Beat Any Player

Post#61 » Sat May 11, 2019 12:28 pm

Atom wrote:
Josketer wrote:
Atom wrote:This is my attack against our prestige opposition in our last war. Not the strongest prestige, but he had a well guarded sc. I'm level 8, but these new wagons completely destroyed it, i never even tried to blow sc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3jJG4Q3C18

Horrible attack ... 0 strategy. Simply you used 6 of those SMTT and clean any base without using planets in favor. Tako does not affect the mercenaries ..
I have the impression that in the future, there will be many ties in the wars...
:lol:

I totally agree with you, a horrible attack, no strategy. I attacked him like this to show my squad how bad these transports would make future wars. I too expect many draws. I'm not happy about it. Btw the outposts were hoth erkit and tako. Also i used 10 mtt not 6.

Good job, keep smashin' them. I love to see Level 6-8 units destroying Prestige Level imperial bases. Can't wait for more lower level Rebels destroying ranked players.

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#62 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:58 pm

I just watched the replay of a visitor from Japan dropping 11 L10 trains, the imperial naval officer, an L50 Deka oppressor,
2 at-haulers, and a dark trooper truck on my L11 base. Not sure we should be calling it Prestige, if NM/Z is considering new levels... in any case, I wasn’t impressed with the strategy. Reminded me of watching bases fall to Jumps/Jets... I was impressed with the number of crystals it must have taken to get the train to L10 already.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~56k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

DeathStriker

Post#63 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:17 pm

DesertPyramid wrote:Not sure we should be calling it Prestige, if NM/Z is considering new levels...

Level 11 is the internal coding for Prestige Level. Zynga / NM Games will not presumably add any more HQ Levels.

DesertPyramid wrote:I was impressed with the number of crystals it must have taken to get the train to L10 already.

Those could of been HQ Samples... You never know....

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#64 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:00 pm

DS: True. We don’t know they’re thinking about levels after Prestige... but I thought it was one of the survey questions for what we’d like to see.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L37
Medals: ~56k Deka/o: 50/50 Jumps: 4d/3f/3a

TNT
Admiral

Post#65 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:50 am

Experimenting with my lvl1 donut wagons have made it clear that these things have a lot of promise but at that lvl they're not really pulling their weight yet.

Atom wrote:This is my attack against our prestige opposition in our last war. Not the strongest prestige, but he had a well guarded sc. I'm level 8, but these new wagons completely destroyed it, i never even tried to blow sc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3jJG4Q3C18

I look at this and I wonder why people are optimistic about the future.

- Does this unit bring back strategy in PVP?
Not really. What's happening is that those who paid can technically go all Donut Wagons. The cantina is a limiting factor though. Also since when have we considered pay2win a positive part of any game, especially a realtime strategy game?

- Does this unit bring strategy in war? Lol, nope. Though on the brightside, it's at least a novel way to solve the mismatches. :lol:

What we have here is the logical end result of a unit "balanced" for the ridiculously unbalanced PVP, but then used in war. Same as the party bus.

Unless they add armory to wars (please don't unless you fix it first), all new units that are introduced will be like this.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#66 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:16 am

I have been experimenting with them this last week and they are a welcome addition to my PVP and War loadouts.

I PVP I am now using 2 of them instead of 2 ITTs with this loadout:
2 shocks - Lvl 11
6 Jumps - Lvl 11 + Lvl 8 skins
5 ITTs - Lvl 4
2 MTTs - Lvl 3

This loadout compared to the one with 7 ITTs is winning a higher % of 3 stars vs DEV bases and where I was averaging 1 heal ship per attack before I am now using almost none. So overall my attack speed remains about the same, my win ratio has gone up a bit and my air support usage has gone down. Win/Win/Win!

I have only done a few tests in war and they have been performing better than me ITTs.

Atom
Captain

Post#67 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:31 am

I've been experimenting in pvp too. trying combinations including heavies, jets, weds. I'm now just attacking with 6 speeder trucks level 6 and 2 mtt's level 6, 2 vans and r2d2. I'm beating bases i once had no chance of beating. It takes as long to build 3 trucks in a factory as 2 mtts in cantina. The game is a lot more fun now, i was tired of pvp battles before. War however needs looking into, I dont feel i need to use these vehicles in war and i actually prefer to attack with my level 6 alt who doesnt have them, as its more strategic that way. Who though would not use them a little if they are available and you're hitting a hard target.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#68 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:15 am

Rebelscummer wrote:
ForceMel wrote:My base was flattened for the first time in a very long time by someone dropping 10 level 10 salvage transports on my base. He also used one heal ship to heal a group of them. It was fun to watch.

Same here Mel, I lost 85% to some Yahoo who dropped 11 transports, I watched the replay, no skills whatsoever.
I've been playing since the beginning, like yourself, and I'm here only for defenses. My base is not a joke, I lose from time to time to a good and crafty player, but I'm done, If I'm unable to defend my base against some Level 9 or 10 Yahoos. There is no point playing anymore. I've spent too much time upgrading my defenses for this?

Screenshot (463).png

It's interesting to see how everyone that plays this game sees different things as important. Some see this new unit as overpowered because attacking with a lot of them at high levels allows you to actually win 3 star attacks against most bases. When I look at it I see it as a nice addition to my attack force but not too useful... mostly because of the fact that there is only one cantina and at high levels the cook times are too high.

I took a look at your video and you were attacking with 5 level 9 MTTs, that would take 30+ minutes to cook and in that time I would expect to attack and win 3 3 star wins netting me with 3X the gears. This means that the MTTs are useless to me at that level... they would actually reduce my performance/power! I think I will probably aim to get mine to level 5, and stop there, so that I can attack with 2 of them in my loadout without slowing my attack rate down. Replacing 2 ITTs with MTTs is a small increase in power to my attack but nothing close to being overpowered.

I find it amusing that there are so many units in this game where the Devs force you to really think about whether it's worth it to actually upgrade a unit or to keep it at lower levels because cook times get too high!

Josketer
Major General

Post#69 » Mon May 13, 2019 1:48 pm

Test against a Dev base ...
Simple, fast and easy ... :roll:

Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

DeathStriker

Post#70 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Josketer wrote:Test against a Dev base ...
Simple, fast and easy ... :roll:

Josketer - Thanks for posting. :D

What "type" of Dev Base?

1. Mostly Burst Turrets.
  2. Mostly Sonic Turrets.
  3. Mostly Rapid Fire Turrets.
  4. Mix of Burst / Sonic Turrets Only.
  5. Mix of All Turrets.
  6. Other.
TBH - I am not sure the Turret Type Matters but it would be nice to monitor "success reports" using the SMTT against various Turret Combos and see if a particular Combo is harder than other (most likely mostly Sonics but you never know).

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Discussions”