No Skills Necessary-Just Upgrade Your Salvage Transport to Beat Any Player

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Rebelscummer
Major General

No Skills Necessary-Just Upgrade Your Salvage Transport to Beat Any Player

Post#1 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:23 pm

Another moronic move to make skillless players happy. It only takes several OP salvage transports to destroy any high level base. As I said, no skills necessary. Screw this game!

strawman3125
Admiral

Re: No Skills Necessary-Just Upgrade Your Salvage Transport to Beat Any Player

Post#2 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:40 pm

Rebelscummer wrote:Another moronic move to make skillless players happy. It only takes several OP salvage transports to destroy any high level base. As I said, no skills necessary. Screw this game!

I have not seen them in large numbers at high levels but the 3 levels 5s that a squad mate donated to my SC were underwhelming in PvP vs glowing bursts and GR sharpies and Sonic's. I imagine that 7 level 10s would rock but then again 7 level 10 ITTs/STs also rock in PvP and they have a smaller cook time with 3 factories vs 1 cantina. Time will tell, but unless there were a lot of players willing to shell out $400 to get them to level 10, not many players will get them to level 10 for the next few years. (Hopefully they add them as a chance in the upcoming events bonus crate pool!)

Rebelscummer
Major General

Post#3 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:48 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
Rebelscummer wrote:Another moronic move to make skillless players happy. It only takes several OP salvage transports to destroy any high level base. As I said, no skills necessary. Screw this game!

I have not seen them in large numbers at high levels but the 3 levels 5s that a squad mate donated to my SC were underwhelming in PvP vs glowing bursts and GR sharpies and Sonic's. I imagine that 7 level 10s would rock but then again 7 level 10 ITTs/STs also rock in PvP and they have a smaller cook time with 3 factories vs 1 cantina. Time will tell, but unless there were a lot of players willing to shell out $400 to get them to level 10, not many players will get them to level 10 for the next few years. (Hopefully they add them as a chance in the upcoming events bonus crate pool!)

You don't need Level X to do serious damage, Level 5-7 would work. I don't understand why they had to put that crazy Dowutin Hunter inside. it's just ridiculous.

Jaykoz3
Commodore

Post#4 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:59 pm

Kind of like upgrading jet skins and dropping 6 medships...............wash, rinse, repeat.......

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#5 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:48 pm

Rebelscummer wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:

You don't need Level X to do serious damage, Level 5-7 would work. I don't understand why they had to put that crazy Dowutin Hunter inside. it's just ridiculous.

Yes, the Donut transports are quite effective at level 5. In our recent war, I thought the Tatooine buff was in play for them. A level 9 player rolled over a Prestige base with just the Transports and a couple of vans. No contest. Works vs. dev bases obviously, works against Prestige bases with low level gr. A little underwhelming against high level gr sharpies, with Jets and healing ships still the better option. However, I would not be surprised if the transports play at higher levels against high level gr. The Dowutin's will take on gr troops, which gives them an edge over the Wookiee Wagons. Real early though, but that's my initial impression.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

ForceMel
Major General

Post#6 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:54 pm

My base was flattened for the first time in a very long time by someone dropping 10 level 10 salvage transports on my base. He also used one heal ship to heal a group of them. It was fun to watch.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Rebelscummer
Major General

Post#7 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:43 pm

ForceMel wrote:My base was flattened for the first time in a very long time by someone dropping 10 level 10 salvage transports on my base. He also used one heal ship to heal a group of them. It was fun to watch.

Same here Mel, I lost 85% to some Yahoo who dropped 11 transports, I watched the replay, no skills whatsoever.
I've been playing since the beginning, like yourself, and I'm here only for defenses. My base is not a joke, I lose from time to time to a good and crafty player, but I'm done, If I'm unable to defend my base against some Level 9 or 10 Yahoos. There is no point playing anymore. I've spent too much time upgrading my defenses for this?

Screenshot (463).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#8 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:45 am

There may be something in the new Thomas Train engine being a bit OP... but hey, how many OP-ed units are there by now in this game?
ITTs/Wookie wagons, jumps/ JETS, rodians/sullustians, togs…
U name it.

this tune is getting old. Be gald there is a new unit to play for and to play with.
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

Lord
Commodore

Post#9 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:10 am

Rebelscummer wrote:
ForceMel wrote:My base was flattened for the first time in a very long time by someone dropping 10 level 10 salvage transports on my base. He also used one heal ship to heal a group of them. It was fun to watch.

Same here Mel, I lost 85% to some Yahoo who dropped 11 transports, I watched the replay, no skills whatsoever.
I've been playing since the beginning, like yourself, and I'm here only for defenses. My base is not a joke, I lose from time to time to a good and crafty player, but I'm done, If I'm unable to defend my base against some Level 9 or 10 Yahoos. There is no point playing anymore. I've spent too much time upgrading my defenses for this?

Screenshot (463).png

Don't lose fate, at least you aren't100%, it's unrealistic to win every defence especially when you don't have full sc reinforced. Winning80-90% percent defence is good enough.

Lord
Commodore

Post#10 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:12 am

DarthBratzzznew wrote:There may be something in the new Thomas Train engine being a bit OP... but hey, how many OP-ed units are there by now in this game?
ITTs/Wookie wagons, jumps/ JETS, rodians/sullustians, togs…
U name it.

this tune is getting old. Be gald there is a new unit to play for and to play with.

Why is it called Thomas train? That's funny :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”