NO OPS jets vs jumps

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
lma
Commodore

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#21 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:45 pm

Jumps spends more time reloading than jets.
But
Jump deals all its damage in 1 shot, jets spread in 2.
So even though jets had higher DPS, but as OB2 pointed out, DPS doesn't tell the whole story, jumps are better in a swarm attscking turrets or whatever.. as they reload while they are moving onto their next target (plus the retargeting advantage)
Jets better than jumps if they are deployed on it's own cleaning up buildings

That's why pre armory days.. jumps work well in a swarm taking down turrets.. jets not so much..

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#22 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:57 pm

ObiTwo wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
Ghostie wrote:

No ops Prestige Jets Health: 18,144
No ops Prestige Jets Damage per cycle: 4536
No ops Prestige Jets shooting cycle duration:1.75 seconds

No ops Prestige Jumps Health: 18,144
No ops Prestige Jumps Damage per cycle: 3900
No ops Prestige Jumps shooting cycle duration: 2.15 seconds

Rebels have about a 14% advantage in damage per cycle and do the damage slightly quicker than their Imp counterparts. I think though if I were in a high level no op war jets/jumps would be used in moderation if any at all ...also wondering why you were asking? Specific circumstance?

Note: All stats provided above pulled from the Papa Jessie website.

If you are going to calculate your own DPS, at least use all the values... you are missing a few with the big one being the reload time.

You might want to include all stats as well. You are forgetting time to re target, which is significantly shorter for jumps and makes all the difference. It's how the devs balanced the two units to make them almost the same (slight advantage to jumps). And unlike everyone else, here's video evidence I posted a long time ago...

https://youtu.be/mR-Pu306BE0

Nice video!

Do you have one that is actually a real game situation, like against level 10 turrets with level 10 health buffs?

If you have two spare HQ10 accounts (with all maxed level 10 buildings) you could set all turrets to mortars (with health skins on and no GR) and use identical base layouts for both sides and identical deployments (all jets/jumps deployed in the same spot) and see which side finishes first! That would finally lay this debate to rest!

You could also do a second test with the same GRs turned on and prove the GRS vs GRSS issue at the same time!

Easy peasy!

If anyone is willing to donate one or two maxed out HQ10 accounts to me, I am certainly willing to spend a couple of weeks converting the turrets to mortars and running the test!

Oldrebel
Commander

Post#23 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:48 pm

This, still???
For God's sake, Imps can level up eAT-AT with credits only. Long-range shield busting.
Rebs? No equivalent, other than non-existent frags for eAT-TE.

ACT is a beast. Lord Vader is a beast.
Leia and Artoo, not much.

The factions are supposed to be different. Deal with it, already. We have.

Oldrebel
Commander

Post#24 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:09 pm

So tiring to see complaints about jets/jumps. If buffed bursts didn't work against jets, you wouldn't see glowing burst farms.

The devs screwed this up by making the game defense-centric. Defense game is passive. Translate-less crystals.... Stupid and short-sighted.

And Imps pretty much get advantage. Don't bring out Kessen, he's a ringer in both sides, if you learn the rules, and equal opportunity to bump levels.

Not equal opportunity to level eAT-TE for speed and range.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#25 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:00 pm

I think the game is fairly even. I can't see any material differences in practice, with the jets/jumps between my rebel and imperial level 8 bases. Both at armory level 2. I rushed both bases up to level 8, to help with donations, so the armory levels are lagging for those two bases. I can't compare my other bases, because they are at different levels (HQ and armory). I also don't see any difference between the two factions overall. Both sides have trade-offs, but the end result is even. I love numbers as much as anyone, but I always look at how that translates in actual game play. With the jets/jumps and now the MTT's, both factions are more alike than different IMO.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Xinix
Major General

Post#26 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:34 am

Lol ... having a look after months and still the same discussion with the same deliberately misleading video evidence by ObiTwo.

As every mini-building in that vid gets one-shotted it only shows the impact of the 'ChargeTime' which is indeed 0.1 sec. faster for Jumps (reference: papajessie site). In real PvP scenarios only the FULL shooting cycle matters, where Jets do more damage in less time, giving ~45% DPS advantage for Jets. As a result skinned prestige Jumps are roughly equivalent to skinned lvl 8 Jets ...

This is easily checked in high-level replays: skinned p-Jets 2-shot transports/rax/credit/etc., similarly skinned p-Jumps need 3 shots (actually including an additional recharge time between shot 2 and 3 making the effective DPS difference there even larger than 45%). Don't believe me: check your own attack + defense replays for yourself. Seriously: do.

But difference in wars is well within reason.

Note: I don't give a toss about the PvP difference ... but there is a form of poetic justice to see some vocal rebs get rolled by another unit in the same fashion now. :D

Werowe4
Captain

Post#27 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:04 pm

Oldrebel wrote:This, still???
For God's sake, Imps can level up eAT-AT with credits only. Long-range shield busting.
Rebs? No equivalent, other than non-existent frags for eAT-TE.

ACT is a beast. Lord Vader is a beast.
Leia and Artoo, not much.

The factions are supposed to be different. Deal with it, already. We have.

I swear this exact dispute/conversation keeps coming up on the forum and ends up being carried out in practically the same way.
- Werowe4 | Sanctuary_reboot Officer
Sanctuary_reboot is recruiting active, lvl 6+ imperials. We’re a close-knit squad whose members are mostly active daily and very supportive; your SC will never go empty with us. For more: https://tinyurl.com/y5pun3j8

bob1084
Commodore

Post#28 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:32 pm

Xinix wrote:Lol ... having a look after months and still the same discussion with the same deliberately misleading video evidence by ObiTwo.

As every mini-building in that vid gets one-shotted it only shows the impact of the 'ChargeTime' which is indeed 0.1 sec. faster for Jumps (reference: papajessie site). In real PvP scenarios only the FULL shooting cycle matters, where Jets do more damage in less time, giving ~45% DPS advantage for Jets. As a result skinned prestige Jumps are roughly equivalent to skinned lvl 8 Jets ...

This is easily checked in high-level replays: skinned p-Jets 2-shot transports/rax/credit/etc., similarly skinned p-Jumps need 3 shots (actually including an additional recharge time between shot 2 and 3 making the effective DPS difference there even larger than 45%). Don't believe me: check your own attack + defense replays for yourself. Seriously: do.

But difference in wars is well within reason.

Note: I don't give a toss about the PvP difference ... but there is a form of poetic justice to see some vocal rebs get rolled by another unit in the same fashion now. :D

I noticed that you say nothing about burst turrets or sniper GR multiplier lmao. Per the usual, let’s just moan about 1 unit and factor nothing else into it. And we all wonder why this game is in the state it is

Return to “General Discussions”