NO OPS jets vs jumps

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
Ghostie
Commodore
Posts: 177

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#11 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:23 pm

On the skinned JET/JUMP debate. These are the stats I get on Prestige level Jumps/Jets with max armory skins.

Rebel armory skinned Jets:

+22% damage per cycle over Imperial Jumps
+9% health advantage

Rebel Jets also get the damage from their guns off about half a second quicker. Which tells me they also inflict damage on the various in game structures/troops in a faster more efficient manner over a 2 minute battle.... :(

I would love to see some testing with 2 identical bases from each faction with equal guard reserve and equal turret buffs with attacks consisting of all jump/jet troopers. We could also throw heroes into the equation as well, medships vs. no medships, and full squadcenter vs. no squadcenter. Then maybe we could see a definitive difference. I would be willing to participate in this test/study if you can find me a willing Rebel. After these current conflicts end of course. ;)
Peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy.


strawman3125
Admiral
Posts: 536

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#12 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:36 am

bob1084 wrote:@strawman you are 100% wrong on this and it’s not even remotely close. This kind of crap gets spewed and causes imps to once again claim disadvantages that don’t exist.

1. Do you have a prestige base with jets and jumps?

2. If not then find someone to record both hitting the same base (easiest is on one of the chapters on tat)

3. After watching this you will never say 43% again, because it’s 100% false.

4. Now that that is done, check on bursts turrets to see if those are equal? Oh right, that won’t fit your narrative


1. Yes
2. NA
3. It is 100% accurate! (DPS is DPS) It goes up even higher when you add the skin bonus! Even if we cannot agree on an exact % number, the fact remains that jets do more damage.
4. I am not sure which narrative you are talking about... (I love my rebel jets! They are the single best unit in this entire game!)


strawman3125
Admiral
Posts: 536

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#13 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:39 am

Ghostie wrote:
Shutz wrote:I keep hearing that rebel jets at PL are more powerful than imp jets/jumps; when comparing the troop pics, health is the same and damage advantage goes to the imps-however, the argument continues that jets are more powerful on the reb side; can someone prove this one way or the other. We all know each side has advantages in different troops, Id just like to understand where people are getting their info...to be clear, I am not talking PVP, nor am I asking about armory buffs- only No OPs jetpacks...please respond with proof and not just opinion, if you have seen it, please use video to show. Thank you.



No ops Prestige Jets Health: 18,144
No ops Prestige Jets Damage per cycle: 4536
No ops Prestige Jets shooting cycle duration:1.75 seconds


No ops Prestige Jumps Health: 18,144
No ops Prestige Jumps Damage per cycle: 3900
No ops Prestige Jumps shooting cycle duration: 2.15 seconds

Rebels have about a 14% advantage in damage per cycle and do the damage slightly quicker than their Imp counterparts. I think though if I were in a high level no op war jets/jumps would be used in moderation if any at all ...also wondering why you were asking? Specific circumstance?

Note: All stats provided above pulled from the Papa Jessie website.


Because the cycles have different duration you have to average them over time:
4536/1.75=2592 DPS
3900/2.15=1813 DPS
2592/1813= 1.43 or 143% damage or 43% mor DPS (Damage Per Second)
Last edited by strawman3125 on Mon May 06, 2019 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
Josketer
Major General
Posts: 277

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#14 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:46 am

The main problem lies in the buff for the Jets. It is disproportionate in comparison to the buff for the Jumpers. Now if you add to that the advantage they have without buff, the result is that it is the most unbalanced unit in the game. And it is the troop that everyone uses today to attack, from level 8 to prestige.
Also an imperial player must win 3 UC to match, in a certain way, what a rebel player gets by winning only 1 UC.
Buff Jumper 3 UC = +89% vs Buff Jet 1 UC = +90%
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50


User avatar
ObiTwo
Major General
Posts: 291

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#15 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:47 am

strawman3125 wrote:
Ghostie wrote:
Shutz wrote:I keep hearing that rebel jets at PL are more powerful than imp jets/jumps; when comparing the troop pics, health is the same and damage advantage goes to the imps-however, the argument continues that jets are more powerful on the reb side; can someone prove this one way or the other. We all know each side has advantages in different troops, Id just like to understand where people are getting their info...to be clear, I am not talking PVP, nor am I asking about armory buffs- only No OPs jetpacks...please respond with proof and not just opinion, if you have seen it, please use video to show. Thank you.



No ops Prestige Jets Health: 18,144
No ops Prestige Jets Damage per cycle: 4536
No ops Prestige Jets shooting cycle duration:1.75 seconds


No ops Prestige Jumps Health: 18,144
No ops Prestige Jumps Damage per cycle: 3900
No ops Prestige Jumps shooting cycle duration: 2.15 seconds

Rebels have about a 14% advantage in damage per cycle and do the damage slightly quicker than their Imp counterparts. I think though if I were in a high level no op war jets/jumps would be used in moderation if any at all ...also wondering why you were asking? Specific circumstance?

Note: All stats provided above pulled from the Papa Jessie website.



If you are going to calculate your own DPS, at least use all the values... you are missing a few with the big one being the reload time.


You might want to include all stats as well. You are forgetting time to re target, which is significantly shorter for jumps and makes all the difference. It's how the devs balanced the two units to make them almost the same (slight advantage to jumps). And unlike everyone else, here's video evidence I posted a long time ago...

https://youtu.be/mR-Pu306BE0
http://www.YouTube.com/ObiTwo (tips, strategies and layouts for rebels)


User avatar
Ghostie
Commodore
Posts: 177

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#16 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:36 am

strawman3125 wrote:
Ghostie wrote:
Shutz wrote:I keep hearing that rebel jets at PL are more powerful than imp jets/jumps; when comparing the troop pics, health is the same and damage advantage goes to the imps-however, the argument continues that jets are more powerful on the reb side; can someone prove this one way or the other. We all know each side has advantages in different troops, Id just like to understand where people are getting their info...to be clear, I am not talking PVP, nor am I asking about armory buffs- only No OPs jetpacks...please respond with proof and not just opinion, if you have seen it, please use video to show. Thank you.



No ops Prestige Jets Health: 18,144
No ops Prestige Jets Damage per cycle: 4536
No ops Prestige Jets shooting cycle duration:1.75 seconds


No ops Prestige Jumps Health: 18,144
No ops Prestige Jumps Damage per cycle: 3900
No ops Prestige Jumps shooting cycle duration: 2.15 seconds

Rebels have about a 14% advantage in damage per cycle and do the damage slightly quicker than their Imp counterparts. I think though if I were in a high level no op war jets/jumps would be used in moderation if any at all ...also wondering why you were asking? Specific circumstance?

Note: All stats provided above pulled from the Papa Jessie website.


Because the cycles have different duration you have to average them over time:
4536/1.75=2592 DPS
3900/2.15=1813 DPS
2592/1813= 1.43 or 143% damage or 43% mor DPS (Damage Per Second)


My math sucks.... so yeah your right.....I surrender good sir! :D
Peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy.


User avatar
Ghostie
Commodore
Posts: 177

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#17 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:53 am

ObiTwo wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
Ghostie wrote:

No ops Prestige Jets Health: 18,144
No ops Prestige Jets Damage per cycle: 4536
No ops Prestige Jets shooting cycle duration:1.75 seconds


No ops Prestige Jumps Health: 18,144
No ops Prestige Jumps Damage per cycle: 3900
No ops Prestige Jumps shooting cycle duration: 2.15 seconds

Rebels have about a 14% advantage in damage per cycle and do the damage slightly quicker than their Imp counterparts. I think though if I were in a high level no op war jets/jumps would be used in moderation if any at all ...also wondering why you were asking? Specific circumstance?

Note: All stats provided above pulled from the Papa Jessie website.



If you are going to calculate your own DPS, at least use all the values... you are missing a few with the big one being the reload time.


You might want to include all stats as well. You are forgetting time to re target, which is significantly shorter for jumps and makes all the difference. It's how the devs balanced the two units to make them almost the same (slight advantage to jumps). And unlike everyone else, here's video evidence I posted a long time ago...

https://youtu.be/mR-Pu306BE0



Good video!

Retargeting does seem quicker.

Jets in that video have 19% buff advantage instead of 26% level 10 buff advantage. Most of the targets in video were 1 shot kills which didn't require full clip. Would like to see a video in which 2 max bases were layed out similarly and Jumps/Jets full clips were used which I think is more indicative of true PvP battles and see if the results are the same or different.

Anyway good work and good perspective.... This is interesting....and again I am open to testing Jumps/Jets after this conflict on Max bases if anyone is interested.
Peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy.


DarkRebel
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1175

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#18 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:45 am

Ghostie wrote:
ObiTwo wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:

If you are going to calculate your own DPS, at least use all the values... you are missing a few with the big one being the reload time.


You might want to include all stats as well. You are forgetting time to re target, which is significantly shorter for jumps and makes all the difference. It's how the devs balanced the two units to make them almost the same (slight advantage to jumps). And unlike everyone else, here's video evidence I posted a long time ago...

https://youtu.be/mR-Pu306BE0



Good video!

Retargeting does seem quicker.

Jets in that video have 19% buff advantage instead of 26% level 10 buff advantage. Most of the targets in video were 1 shot kills which didn't require full clip. Would like to see a video in which 2 max bases were layed out similarly and Jumps/Jets full clips were used which I think is more indicative of true PvP battles and see if the results are the same or different.

Anyway good work and good perspective.... This is interesting....and again I am open to testing Jumps/Jets after this conflict on Max bases if anyone is interested.

I said the same thing before when ObiTwo showed his video.
As long as jumps can one-shot target, then any addition DPS that jets have over jumps is moot. YOU CAN'T COMPARE DPS if the target's health is too weak that any difference in DPS can not be demonstrated.
While this is a good video to demonstrate the advantage of the quicker first shot, it does not demonstrate the superior DPS and health advantage of jets have over jumps.
A good proof video, IMHO, would have jets/jumps at the same level facing buffed rocket turrets at same level (and not some weak one-shot dead base like the one in ObiTwo video. Why rocket ? because rocket is the only turret that have same stats between both factions.


User avatar
FruitBowlMafia
Major General
Posts: 276

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#19 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:28 pm

It’s like deja-vu with all these constant Jet/jump complaints.

Sounds like allot of you picked the wrong side...
Lone_Rebellion


User avatar
Gooner
Major General
Posts: 303

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#20 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:39 pm

FruitBowlMafia wrote:It’s like deja-vu with all these constant Jet/jump complaints.

Sounds like allot of you picked the wrong side...
Amen what was it they used to say a while back. when we didn't have decent gr. Oh yeah, adapt that was it.


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ForceMel, Majestic-12 [Bot], Spock and 28 guests