NO OPS jets vs jumps

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Shutz
Storm Trooper
Posts: 4

NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#1 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:28 pm

I keep hearing that rebel jets at PL are more powerful than imp jets/jumps; when comparing the troop pics, health is the same and damage advantage goes to the imps-however, the argument continues that jets are more powerful on the reb side; can someone prove this one way or the other. We all know each side has advantages in different troops, Id just like to understand where people are getting their info...to be clear, I am not talking PVP, nor am I asking about armory buffs- only No OPs jetpacks...please respond with proof and not just opinion, if you have seen it, please use video to show. Thank you.


strawman3125
Admiral
Posts: 670

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#2 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:36 pm

Shutz wrote:I keep hearing that rebel jets at PL are more powerful than imp jets/jumps; when comparing the troop pics, health is the same and damage advantage goes to the imps-however, the argument continues that jets are more powerful on the reb side; can someone prove this one way or the other. We all know each side has advantages in different troops, Id just like to understand where people are getting their info...to be clear, I am not talking PVP, nor am I asking about armory buffs- only No OPs jetpacks...please respond with proof and not just opinion, if you have seen it, please use video to show. Thank you.


https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/Empi ... ooper.html
https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/Rebe ... ooper.html

DPS is 43% higher for Rebel Jets


TNT
Admiral
Posts: 608

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#3 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:40 pm

Shutz wrote:I keep hearing that rebel jets at PL are more powerful than imp jets/jumps; when comparing the troop pics, health is the same and damage advantage goes to the imps-however, the argument continues that jets are more powerful on the reb side; can someone prove this one way or the other. We all know each side has advantages in different troops, Id just like to understand where people are getting their info...to be clear, I am not talking PVP, nor am I asking about armory buffs- only No OPs jetpacks...please respond with proof and not just opinion, if you have seen it, please use video to show. Thank you.


When people talk about the jets they're referring to the skins. Base units have identical health, but higher damage. Which is inline with the other infantry, which is also more powerful
However, Rebel jets equipment has a higher buff than the Imperial version.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.


Shutz
Storm Trooper
Posts: 4

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#4 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:49 pm

Can you show me where the buff number comes from; I am just looking at the no ops only numbers, no skins, thanks for replying so quick, appreciate it


Shutz
Storm Trooper
Posts: 4

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#5 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:57 pm

I ask, because when I look only at damage per cycle, it 14%


Shutz
Storm Trooper
Posts: 4

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#6 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:08 pm

Just to show where I got the numbers, and please correct me if I am wrong...the cycle time is the same for both, so then the only thing that should matter is the damage, so took the numbers and came up with approximately 14% which is not far off some of the mech advantages, etc?


strawman3125
Admiral
Posts: 670

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#7 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:32 pm

Shutz wrote:Just to show where I got the numbers, and please correct me if I am wrong...the cycle time is the same for both, so then the only thing that should matter is the damage, so took the numbers and came up with approximately 14% which is not far off some of the mech advantages, etc?


The DPS is the final calculated DPS and it takes into account the damage per cycle and cycle duration.


bob1084
Commodore
Posts: 146

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#8 » Sun May 05, 2019 6:42 pm

@strawman you are 100% wrong on this and it’s not even remotely close. This kind of crap gets spewed and causes imps to once again claim disadvantages that don’t exist.

1. Do you have a prestige base with jets and jumps?

2. If not then find someone to record both hitting the same base (easiest is on one of the chapters on tat)

3. After watching this you will never say 43% again, because it’s 100% false.

4. Now that that is done, check on bursts turrets to see if those are equal? Oh right, that won’t fit your narrative


User avatar
Rebelscummer
Major General
Posts: 339

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#9 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:42 pm

bob1084 wrote:@strawman you are 100% wrong on this and it’s not even remotely close. This kind of crap gets spewed and causes imps to once again claim disadvantages that don’t exist.

Imps are full of zhit, they're bunch of whining losers with no decency. I've heard that bogus story about Rebel jets for years now, how about their crazy OP one-touch turret buster Vader or the one-shot HQ down At-ACT cow??? Give me a break.


User avatar
Ghostie
Major General
Posts: 253

Re: NO OPS jets vs jumps

Post#10 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:09 pm

Shutz wrote:I keep hearing that rebel jets at PL are more powerful than imp jets/jumps; when comparing the troop pics, health is the same and damage advantage goes to the imps-however, the argument continues that jets are more powerful on the reb side; can someone prove this one way or the other. We all know each side has advantages in different troops, Id just like to understand where people are getting their info...to be clear, I am not talking PVP, nor am I asking about armory buffs- only No OPs jetpacks...please respond with proof and not just opinion, if you have seen it, please use video to show. Thank you.



No ops Prestige Jets Health: 18,144
No ops Prestige Jets Damage per cycle: 4536
No ops Prestige Jets shooting cycle duration:1.75 seconds


No ops Prestige Jumps Health: 18,144
No ops Prestige Jumps Damage per cycle: 3900
No ops Prestige Jumps shooting cycle duration: 2.15 seconds

Rebels have about a 14% advantage in damage per cycle and do the damage slightly quicker than their Imp counterparts. I think though if I were in a high level no op war jets/jumps would be used in moderation if any at all ...also wondering why you were asking? Specific circumstance?

Note: All stats provided above pulled from the Papa Jessie website.
Last edited by Ghostie on Sun May 05, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CoolGuy and 39 guests