SWC Celebrates May The 4th Be With You

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Re: SWC Celebrates May The 4th Be With You

Post#11 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:06 am

mkenobi wrote:The only two thing in all of this I really don't think that matter are:

1) why they think we need a banner?
2) And the reducing Vehicles building time should be definitive, as well for many other units that have huge training time, but vehicles building time is not a problem in the game because at HQ 10 we have 3 factories, and we can build more vehicles than we really need to use in attacks.

I'm fine with the current building time for vehicles since I only use TXs. My loadout for my Imperial and Rebel Prestige is the same: half Jets/Jumps and TXs, with a few soldiers/troopers, pilots, Itho/Kubaz, maybe a Vanguard/Shock Trooper, and a Gamo to complete.

If they wanted really make things better, they must reduce the starship building time by half, at least, so we could use more air in PvP in less time, and could attack more times during conflicts.

It depends on how you see vehicles... if vehicles are only support for a troop based attack, then yes, having 3 factories and relatively high build times is fine. However if you look at it from the perspective of the idea that Imperials are supposed to be a mostly mechanized attack force, then no, only having 3 factories and having longer build times than troops means that a mechanized attack force (with some troops as support) is at a severe disadvantage in conflicts, etc where the speed of attacks is important.

As far as starships go, I want them to reduce the cook times to 1/10 there current value, where you might be able to use full air support with every attack, ie, every 8 minutes. I would also like to see skins for the turret busting air ships that allow them to destroy turrets with only 1 or 2 strikes rather the current 2-4 strikes (2 for un-skinned turrets and 4 for skinned turrets). I think these changes to air support would go a long way to returning the game to an offensive game where attackers have the advantage.

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#12 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:08 am

Gooner wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
Gooner wrote:Stolen Tx's or Hails on Hoth I regularly use both, In fact, more so than the wookie wagons.

I used to use TX tanks but I replaced them with buses as they take less time to cook and I can attack faster. I always use hails on Hoth though, so that will be nice!

That's the only downfall with TX's take too long to cook. but Ideal for those burst farms, But Hails on Hoth my go to Unit on there along with a few Tauntauns and a few Jets. I can roll through bases on there that I'd struggle to get 3 with on the greens.

Hoth is amazing for those very reasons!

The other problem with the TX tanks is that the skinned rocket turrets take them down even faster than skinned bursts take down jets/jumps even though they cost more UC and have more health...

geoman48
Admiral

Re: NOTICE: New Star Wars Commander Content Soon!

Post#13 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:38 am

Spock wrote:The dev blog has been updated with info for may the 4th.
https://www.starwarscommander.com/trans ... -with-you/

From the bottom of the link above...
Oliver Bulloss
Star Wars: Commander General Manager

Here's hoping Oliver keeps up the good work! Thanks for the free crystals, my low level base can now get a 4th building bot which speeds up the development of that base by 25%!!!
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri May 03, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Moved / Merged Topic Post With Another Topic

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: NOTICE: New Star Wars Commander Content Soon!

Post#14 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:59 am

geoman48 wrote:
Spock wrote:The dev blog has been updated with info for may the 4th.
https://www.starwarscommander.com/trans ... -with-you/

From the bottom of the link above...
Oliver Bulloss
Star Wars: Commander General Manager

Here's hoping Oliver keeps up the good work! Thanks for the free crystals, my low level base can now get a 4th building bot which speeds up the development of that base by 25%!!!

Yes!

I did login yesterday with my 6 "Official" SWC accounts and my 4 "clone" bases (used only to fill War rosters and hold some empty squad alive) for the 200 crystals! I need to login everyday until this ends and see how many crystals I get for any base. The first Daily Crate made the 3rd work droid available for my 4 clone bases, if I want to buy it now. :D

I just hope to get enough crystals to buy the 5th Work Droid for my Rebel HQ 8, currently with 1,500 crystals, and then maybe jump to HQ 9.

My Imperial Prestige still has lots of my Windows crystal compensation, but for my Rebel Prestige they will help to buy more frags and maybe 1 or 2 crates in the Store.

And for my both HQ 6 even if I get the 1,200 crystals it won't be enough to buy the 5th Work Droid for both, but it will make this easier from now on.

So many many thanks to Zynga! :D :D :D
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri May 03, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Moved / Merged Topic Post With Another Topic
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

Werowe4
Captain

Post#15 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:00 am

Sickness wrote:
Lord wrote:Personally think enhanced engineering is useless, only about a trivial matter since the main attack force is flying things.

I am guessing you are one of those running 29 Jets/Jumps constantly then? ;) :roll:

Most if not all troops are viable for use if the correct tactic is used. I think it is good to try to get players off the hordes of Jets/Jumps being used. Or change the name to Star Wars Jump Commander.

I concur. I myself limit the jumps in my lineups to 10 or less and do quite well. The developers really should un-nerf some of the vehicles though (preferably the classic ones, like the regular AT-AT), otherwise most players will probably still run full jump forces (which is kind of ok to me to an extent on defense since my base eats jets for breakfast, lol).
- Werowe4 | Sanctuary_reboot Officer
Sanctuary_reboot is recruiting active, lvl 6+ imperials. We’re a close-knit squad whose members are mostly active daily and very supportive; your SC will never go empty with us. For more: https://tinyurl.com/y5pun3j8

Kannibaal
Commander

Post#16 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:22 am

mkenobi wrote:The only two thing in all of this I really don't think that matter are:

If they wanted really make things better, they must reduce the starship building time by half, at least, so we could use more air in PvP in less time, and could attack more times during conflicts.

agree

DeathStriker

Post#17 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:11 am

No May The Fourth 2020 For SWC :cry:

A check in-game does not show any "final May The Fourth Be With You Gift" from Zynga ...

Oh Well... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Year Anniversary for the Salvage Multi-Unit Transport (SMTT)

HISTORY: It was one year ago (actually on May 2, 2019) that the SMTT was introduced for "May The Fourth - Star Wars Day - 2019" (see Main Topic Post).

Since then the SMTT has proven to be the most OP Unit, so much so, that it is Banned in Elite FM No OPs (along with others).

:arrow: ALSO for last year's Star Wars Day we got Daily Crates of 200 Crystals for about a Week. In hindsight it could be seen the daily Crystal Crates were the beginning of the end for SWC.

AND SO... The "Death Clock" for SWC keeps counting down ... 38 Days and Counting...

:geek: See Countdown Timer
 here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up3Y_yQIma8&feature=youtu.be

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

MachineHead
Commodore

Post#18 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:45 am

strange feeling
mySquad: closed
myAccounts: MachineHead(11), Bulldozer(10), NineInchNails(9), Ministry(9), lol(7)
new also a rebel base - called corona

SpaceDandy
Commodore

Post#19 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:08 am

"From everyone on the team, May the 4th be with you!

Oliver Bulloss
Star Wars: Commander General Manager"

I'd like to have a word or two with Oliver. Some choice, choice words...

Sigh...
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

Josketer
Major General

Post#20 » Tue May 05, 2020 7:11 am

And did they need to play non-op wars to realize that the smtt were too OP troops ?
Elite players ? HAHAHAHAA ! :lol: :lol:
I still remember when last year, I wrote in a post , that from my point of view, the smtts were too OP and several players, especially rebels, contradicted me with ridiculous arguments.
Even I made a video to show them how OP those smtt were.
I also remember that i wrote those troops would change wars forever.
Time proved me I was right.
8-)
Josketer, Battle for the Galaxy !
Argentos Squad ,Top Squad, Ranking Position : 110 - War victories : 275 - Won wars row : 131 Squad Position: Director
Another galaxy that we will also dominate ! 8-)
Youtube channel : Josketer

Return to “General Discussions”