SWC Celebrates May The 4th Be With You

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

SWC Celebrates May The 4th Be With You

Post#1 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:41 am

From Zygna / Natural Motion Games

Today we’re excited to unveil what’s in store for the Star WarsTM: Commander community this May 4th!

New Unit & Building Types

First of all, we’re excited to bring you a brand new unit: the salvaged Multi-Troop Transport. This heavily armored vehicle has been salvaged by Mercenary Dowutin and converted for battle! As the Transport blasts away at enemy defenses, Dowutin Hunters will emerge from the vehicle and lay down fire.

We’re also introducing Banners, a new cosmetic Building type so you can show your devotion to the Rebel Alliance or to the Empire. Banners will be available from HQ3.

Crystal Sale

Celebrate May the 4th with free daily crates of 200 Crystals, as well as a bonus of up to 35% extra Crystals on select Crystal Packages!

Enhanced Engineering

Dominate your opponents with mechanized forces! For a limited time, Vehicle training time and research costs will be halved.

From everyone on the team, May the 4th be with you!

Oliver Bulloss
Star Wars: Commander General Manager

Source: Here

:arrow: Related Topic: NOTICE: Salvage Multi-Unit Transport Daily Crate - 200 Crystals

MORE INFO: Enhanced Engineering

• 5/2 to 5/8:
    • Training Time for Vehicles at Factory reduced by 50%
    • Credit Cost to Upgrade Vehicles at Research Lab reduced by 50%
Post any comments below...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

JARJAR
Major General

Re: SWC Celebrates May The 4th Be With You

Post#2 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:36 am

oh yes today we’re excited but tomorrow is another day

Lord
Major General

Post#3 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:50 am

DeathStriker wrote:From Zygna / Natural Motion Games

Today we’re excited to unveil what’s in store for the Star WarsTM: Commander community this May 4th!

{snip}

Enhanced Engineering

Dominate your opponents with mechanized forces! For a limited time, Vehicle training time and research costs will be halved.

Source: Here

MORE INFO: Enhanced Engineering

• 5/2 to 5/8:
    • Training Time for Vehicles at Factory reduced by 50%
    • Credit Cost to Upgrade Vehicles at Research Lab reduced by 50%
Post any comments below...

Personally think enhanced engineering is useless, only about a trivial matter since the main attack force is flying things.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu May 02, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Reduced Quote for Brevity

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:57 am

Faster vehicle builds will be great for crates and donations. And they could boost infantry, mercs, or starships down the road.

Lord
Major General

Post#5 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:20 am

Boog wrote:Faster vehicle builds will be great for crates and donations. And they could boost infantry, mercs, or starships down the road.

How can a vehicle be used in PVP except Speeder truck~

Gooner
Major General

Post#6 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:25 am

Lord wrote:
Boog wrote:Faster vehicle builds will be great for crates and donations. And they could boost infantry, mercs, or starships down the road.

Stolen Tx's or Hails on Hoth I regularly use both, In fact, more so than the wookie wagons.

Sickness

Post#7 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:41 am

Lord wrote:Personally think enhanced engineering is useless, only about a trivial matter since the main attack force is flying things.

I am guessing you are one of those running 29 Jets/Jumps constantly then? ;) :roll:

Most if not all troops are viable for use if the correct tactic is used. I think it is good to try to get players off the hordes of Jets/Jumps being used. Or change the name to Star Wars Jump Commander.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu May 02, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Corrected Quote for Clarity

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:15 am

Gooner wrote:
Lord wrote:

Stolen Tx's or Hails on Hoth I regularly use both, In fact, more so than the wookie wagons.

I used to use TX tanks but I replaced them with buses as they take less time to cook and I can attack faster. I always use hails on Hoth though, so that will be nice!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:21 am

The only two thing in all of this I really don't think that matter are:

1) why they think we need a banner?
2) And the reducing Vehicles building time should be definitive, as well for many other units that have huge training time, but vehicles building time is not a problem in the game because at HQ 10 we have 3 factories, and we can build more vehicles than we really need to use in attacks.

I'm fine with the current building time for vehicles since I only use TXs. My loadout for my Imperial and Rebel Prestige is the same: half Jets/Jumps and TXs, with a few soldiers/troopers, pilots, Itho/Kubaz, maybe a Vanguard/Shock Trooper, and a Gamo to complete.

If they wanted really make things better, they must reduce the starship building time by half, at least, so we could use more air in PvP in less time, and could attack more times during conflicts.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

Gooner
Major General

Post#10 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:36 am

strawman3125 wrote:
Gooner wrote:
Lord wrote:How can a vehicle be used in PVP except Speeder truck~

I used to use TX tanks but I replaced them with buses as they take less time to cook and I can attack faster. I always use hails on Hoth though, so that will be nice!

That's the only downfall with TX's take too long to cook. but Ideal for those burst farms, But Hails on Hoth my go to Unit on there along with a few Tauntauns and a few Jets. I can roll through bases on there that I'd struggle to get 3 with on the greens.

Return to “General Discussions”