Zynga Just Isn't Listening

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Re: Zynga Just Isn't Listening

Post#21 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:40 am

mkenobi wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
Boog wrote:I personally asked on here for them to lower the UC of the dowutin hunter to 4. They dropped it to 8. I will claim victory and move on.

I asked for it to be lowered to 8 long time ago. It finally happened.

Donut hunters are almost useless since they were released, UC decrease do not make them useful, I have never used mine since my Windows days, and I keep them at level 1, even if they reduce UC to 4, I still prefer to use the Twileks. And why not a transport full of blue ladies? That would be really cool. :D

The next try for Devs should be to decrease UC for Farthier to 3 or 4 UC, and maybe that thing will become useful as filling a SC when nothing else does it.

But we'll have another Event in a week, and for Rogue One units like I wanted, maybe it's a sample that they're actually listening to the players, but they can not do much else because Disney does not allow them to change the game a lot, who knows?

Of course reducing UC will make them more useful. At 12 UC, they are NOT useable. At 8 they might be. At 4 would be too OP. (Initially pig was 8 UC and not very popular. After UC was reduced to 6, they became much more popular.)
Having said that, the new hunter transport seems to be better in term of per UC value compared to the newly reduced UC dowutin hunter, but then it would take a while to unlock and level up the new transport to comparable level.
I am not a fan of having a unit being way superior than others. I thinking reducing hunter UC cost to 8 is the right first step. If they are still not good enough, then make further adjustment.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#22 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:47 am

strawman3125 wrote:
mkenobi wrote:Donut hunters are almost useless since they were released, UC decrease do not make them useful, I have never used mine since my Windows days, and I keep them at level 1, even if they reduce UC to 4, I still prefer to use the Twileks. And why not a transport full of blue ladies? That would be really cool. :D

It's called a multi transport; hopefully you will be able to choose the merc it deploys in the future!

Well, I had not thought of that, and since the capacity of the vehicle is not restricted to the amount of UC of the units transported, it would be a good idea to have a vehicle where we could choose units like a truck with twileks or drabatans instead of dowutins, for example.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#23 » Thu May 02, 2019 1:34 pm

CoolGuy wrote:1. We asked for more Events - they gave us another Conflict.

2. We asked for the removal of little used/useless units - they gave us another new unit.

3. We asked for frags for useful units that we haven't had for many months - we get nothing.

4. We asked for frags for units in the inventory that are still locked (rancor/dragon) - they remain the same.

5. We asked for the matchmaking system to be fixed - we get nothing.

So for me and many others, this will be a conflict where we just don't bother to play.

I disagree, my friend. I think that not only are they listening, but they are taking positive action to help the game.

I'll take each of your points in turn, so I can explain why:

1 - More events - We had 3 weeks of events from 14th March to 27th April. It's far too soon for another set of events. A return this quickly would cause burn out. We asked for events. They gave us events. Zynga listened. Zynga acted.

2 - re removing useless units - Whilst the current Jet/jump meta is well established for players at L10, the other units may by useful, or become useful as the game develop. I don't think removing them is an answer. I think adjusting the UC requirements, damage or health posts is a much better way forward.

3- re wanting frags we hadn't had for many months. We got frags we hadn't had for many months. Desert jet frags are an example of this. We haven't had a conflict for them since before i began tracking UCL thresholds on Tatooine*, and yet these are the most important frags for many players at this time.

Far from getting nothing, as you suggested, we got something many players will find very useful. You asked for frags we haven't had for man months. We got them. Zynga listened.

4- the inventory units of rancors and dragons - for these we must be patient. Rancors came and didn't make much impact, maybe change will come.

5 - Fixing the matchmaking - I understand this frustration. In terms of PvP and conflicts it's definitely much harder grinding against real bases rather than Dev bases, and dev bases for Rebels are non existent on green or ice planets and few and far between on Tat (at least for me). This is a structural problem with the player imbalance, and the current attack/defence balance. I don't think this is something that can be fixed at all quickly and I suspect it will take some time.

For the avoidance of doubt, i do NOT think allowing Prestige Commanders/Customer to attack down on level 9 or 8 basis is the answer. Having more dev bases for all isn't wonderful either, as it results in Commanders/Customers only attacking those bases and then being flummoxed when faced with real ones.

I think it's the attack/defence balance that needs adjusting, with defence buffs being reduced.

And so to return to your original point. I think Zynga are listening. I think they are doing the very things you have asked for. They are also making changes and investing time in this game in a way we haven't seen for some time.

Cassian Andor once said 'rebellions are built on hope'. These changes should give all Commanders/Customers hope and confidence in the future of the game.

* viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23500&p=96925#p96925 - link to latest UCL thresholds at time of posting.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#24 » Thu May 02, 2019 1:41 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:1. We asked for more Events - they gave us another Conflict.

2. We asked for the removal of little used/useless units - they gave us another new unit.

3. We asked for frags for useful units that we haven't had for many months - we get nothing.

4. We asked for frags for units in the inventory that are still locked (rancor/dragon) - they remain the same.

5. We asked for the matchmaking system to be fixed - we get nothing.

So for me and many others, this will be a conflict where we just don't bother to play.

I disagree, my friend. I think that not only are they listening, but they are taking positive action to help the game.

I'll take each of your points in turn, so I can explain why:

1 - More events - We had 3 weeks of events from 14th March to 27th April. It's far too soon for another set of events. A return this quickly would cause burn out. We asked for events. They gave us events. Zynga listened. Zynga acted.

2 - re removing useless units - Whilst the current Jet/jump meta is well established for players at L10, the other units may by useful, or become useful as the game develop. I don't think removing them is an answer. I think adjusting the UC requirements, damage or health posts is a much better way forward.

3- re wanting frags we hadn't had for many months. We got frags we hadn't had for many months. Desert jet frags are an example of this. We haven't had a conflict for them since before i began tracking UCL thresholds on Tatooine*, and yet these are the most important frags for many players at this time.

Far from getting nothing, as you suggested, we got something many players will find very useful. You asked for frags we haven't had for man months. We got them. Zynga listened.

4- the inventory units of rancors and dragons - for these we must be patient. Rancors came and didn't make much impact, maybe change will come.

5 - Fixing the matchmaking - I understand this frustration. In terms of PvP and conflicts it's definitely much harder grinding against real bases rather than Dev bases, and dev bases for Rebels are non existent on green or ice planets and few and far between on Tat (at least for me). This is a structural problem with the player imbalance, and the current attack/defence balance. I don't think this is something that can be fixed at all quickly and I suspect it will take some time.

For the avoidance of doubt, i do NOT think allowing Prestige Commanders/Customer to attack down on level 9 or 8 basis is the answer. Having more dev bases for all isn't wonderful either, as it results in Commanders/Customers only attacking those bases and then being flummoxed when faced with real ones.

I think it's the attack/defence balance that needs adjusting, with defence buffs being reduced.

And so to return to your original point. I think Zynga are listening. I think they are doing the very things you have asked for. They are also making changes and investing time in this game in a way we haven't seen for some time.

Cassian Andor once said 'rebellions are built on hope'. These changes should give all Commanders/Customers hope and confidence in the future of the game.

* viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23500&p=96925#p96925 - link to latest UCL thresholds at time of posting.

Well said and very wise words.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Fisherman
Commodore

Post#25 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:06 pm

Flags that take up a little bit more deployment space, reducing the UC of an underused unit (my bet is they data mined which units are being used and which aren’t and they will test the response here - remember those T of S we agreed to?), crystal sales, upcoming period where upgrades for vehicles are cheaper... they are tweaking, they are testing, but most importantly they aren’t leaving it ‘as is’.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#26 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:18 pm

I am enjoying the 1/2 vehicle training speed! I can attack even faster now! I hope they keep it! Or tweak cook times for vehicles based on the data collected.

Chaotic999
Major General

Post#27 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:18 pm

Reduced cook times make no difference to me, i either use all jumps or mix of ITT and jumps , so all I ever wait for is Hero or jumps to cook before I start next attack. They could make mechs 1 second cook time and it won't affect my load out in any way.
Reducing UC for the downtown Merc? Why? Never used it never going to, only need buffed jumps and ITT,s or tx. Also making mechs research cost 50% why when our vaults are permanent full and loot is easy to get? Make research cost zero, it still won't matter. As for the stupid pointless banners? Wtf is the point of them? This new unit downtown taxi, just another version of the ITT but can only cook it in the cantina so not viable in grinding attacks , no zynga are not listening, Thier trying I think, but so far it's all useless crap they are giving us, same old Disney nonsense, they have no idea how they game plays out in reality, they need to play 4 hours a day for 6 months to get a good feel for how this game works, then they will see how fkn broken it really is and can stop spouting out new toys and stupid tweaks to existing units that nobody ever uses anyway.
First thing Devs need to do is remove tako from wars and fix match making, then concentrate on the 100 other problems that have been left in this game for the last 4 years. Imo.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

SpaceDandy
Commodore

Post#28 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:25 pm

I only use 1 Wookie Bus and 4 TXs on the vehicle side... but the reduced time is nice. Reduced cook times was one of my top wishes on the survey. Esp. given so many of us are in agreement that the game offense/defense imbalance means you need to fight more and very often need air support. At the very least they should revise the perks so that instead of reducing the "cost" of cooking, the Army perks meaningfully reduce the TIME to cook. The reduction in cost was done at a time in the game where resources were scarce and had to be protected but today it is time that is scarce. Time to finish the event, time to recover from a lost PvP to get gears back (because defense is so strong!), time to play the game for dedicated period of time versus other entertainment options or - more importantly - balancing real life. If perks were tweaked to significantly cut such cook times, maybe we'd also slightly influence new players to seek out established squads rather than have one more new squad half full (as if the planet hopping and other perks weren't enough).
Officer, RoughTeam, a fun, active, & competitive rebel squad

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#29 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:54 pm

I think what is getting lost is that everyone is dealing with cook time issues. If cook times go down, yes you can attack more frequently, but so can everyone else. That means the UC thresholds go up. You might just end up in the same place. It does mean you can attack more frequently, so if you like to bunch several attacks in an hour and then exit the game, and don't care about UC crates, then I can see that as a wish list item.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Chaotic999
Major General

Post#30 » Sat May 04, 2019 6:20 pm

I can attack dev bases 1065 gears on greens with 7 ITT 6 jumps 2 shocks 1 eatat every 7 mins 30 seconds, all I wait for is eatat (5 mins) so reducing mech times is pointless to me.
If I go to tat or kit I cook 18 jumps wait a thousand years for jumps to cook so again reducing mech cook times is pointless. Only player it helps is low lvl noobs, old high lvls do not benefit from reduced cook times on factory crap. Zynga cant grasp this as like Disney they do not play the fucking game for hundreds of hours grinding in conflicts, they have zero sense of how the game works in hard core grinding play, they only tweak shit for nooby players.
some chat from my squad earlier below.
mech 1.jpg
mechs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

Return to “General Discussions”