Zynga Just Isn't Listening

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: Zynga Just Isn't Listening

Post#11 » Wed May 01, 2019 4:23 pm

I personally asked on here for them to lower the UC of the dowutin hunter to 4. They dropped it to 8. I will claim victory and move on.

eclampsium
Major General

Post#12 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:17 pm

Spock wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:
Lynch wrote:
I liked the events.....for one week. Then it became a grind to get the bonus crates. I think it got old quick.

Yes, but bonus crates are an optional grind, you can do as many as you want to get as many rewards as you want.

As far as frags for useful units, what was the last month? 2 weeks of sniper/SS GR and 2 weeks of jumps/jets.

Yes, they were useful frags, but it was back to the grind for many to get any benefit. I can play for 12 hours a day and still barely sneak into the UC leagues. That a function of being a top level Prestige player only getting 700 gears per successful attack.

This is where rebels have a much harder time with conflicts than imperials. :(

Thanks for being sensitive Spock. we lost many good players and shrinked our rebel counterpart due to unhuman needs to be able to get the units and have fun...

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:33 pm

CoolGuy wrote:1. We asked for more Events - they gave us another Conflict.

2. We asked for the removal of little used/useless units - they gave us another new unit.

3. We asked for frags for useful units that we haven't had for many months - we get nothing.

4. We asked for frags for units in the inventory that are still locked (rancor/dragon) - they remain the same.

5. We asked for the matchmaking system to be fixed - we get nothing.

So for me and many others, this will be a conflict where we just don't bother to play.

1. didn’t we just have 4 weeks of events not long ago ?
2. You can’t simply remove units. And “little used” and “useless” are very subjective terms. A unit may not be useful to you but may be useful to others.
3. Well, jets and barrack sniper frags may not be useful to you (?) but can be very useful for others.
4. May want to use “I”, not we. Not everyone would grind for rancor frags.
5. This, I agree, but how it should be fixed can be complicated, and may not make everyone happy.

And perhaps you don’t appreciate new units, don’t assume others don’t.

In general, one should speak on their own behalf and not try to represent all players.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#14 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:34 pm

Boog wrote:I personally asked on here for them to lower the UC of the dowutin hunter to 4. They dropped it to 8. I will claim victory and move on.

I asked for it to be lowered to 8 long time ago. It finally happened.

Ghostie
Commodore

Post#15 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:50 pm

2. We asked for the removal of little used/useless units - they gave us another new unit.

3. We asked for frags for useful units that we haven't had for many months - we get nothing.

4. We asked for frags for units in the inventory that are still locked (rancor/dragon) - they remain the same.

So for me and many others, this will be a conflict where we just don't bother to play.

Think it might be time to quit.

Don't let the game make you miserable....video games shoud be fun.

Constant complaining is unhealthy......If solutions aren't being offered to your problems....just move on to something else. Life is too short to be unhappy especially from a game.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#16 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:55 pm

DarkRebel wrote:

1. didn’t we just have 4 weeks of events not long ago ?
2. You can’t simply remove units. And “little used” and “useless” are very subjective terms. A unit may not be useful to you but may be useful to others.
3. Well, jets and barrack sniper frags may not be useful to you (?) but can be very useful for others.
4. May want to use “I”, not we. Not everyone would grind for rancor frags.
5. This, I agree, but how it should be fixed can be complicated, and may not make everyone happy.

And perhaps you don’t appreciate new units, don’t assume others don’t.

In general, one should speak on their own behalf and not try to represent all players.

1. Yes - and player interest and activity went up significantly, so why not keep it going.
2. Not sure how many times you have used the Fathier, Turret Slicer, Ilaku, Bufopel or Demo Droid in PvP activity, but I'm guessing for 95% of the population it's rarely or never.
3. Jet and Sniper frags were useful and I agreed with that, but where are the Fang, Hauler or eAT-TE frags? Haven't seen those in many month.
4. I don't want to grind for Rancor frags, but I'd at least like to have them unlocked. And why have the Krayt Dragon still locked and then introduce a totally new unit?
5. Yes, this should be a priority fix, instead of providing us with four flags to make the base look pretty.

I would always appreciate a new unit, providing I had the chance to upgrade or unlock previously issued units. And I'm not sure how this unit is going to be a significant advantage over the Wookie Wagon.

And I forgot to add that jet frags are freely available in Bronzium crates. Everybody can get those.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#17 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:23 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
Boog wrote:I personally asked on here for them to lower the UC of the dowutin hunter to 4. They dropped it to 8. I will claim victory and move on.

I asked for it to be lowered to 8 long time ago. It finally happened.

Donut hunters are almost useless since they were released, UC decrease do not make them useful, I have never used mine since my Windows days, and I keep them at level 1, even if they reduce UC to 4, I still prefer to use the Twileks. And why not a transport full of blue ladies? That would be really cool. :D

The next try for Devs should be to decrease UC for Farthier to 3 or 4 UC, and maybe that thing will become useful as filling a SC when nothing else does it.

But we'll have another Event in a week, and for Rogue One units like I wanted, maybe it's a sample that they're actually listening to the players, but they can not do much else because Disney does not allow them to change the game a lot, who knows?
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

TNT
Admiral

Post#18 » Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

When did they shrink the Donut hunter? :?

Spock wrote:A little more info found in the code.

Conflict Outbreak:
Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport
• 5/2 to 5/8, All Planets:
• HQ 7 and above
- Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport Data Fragments

Enhanced Engineering
• 5/2 to 5/8:
- Training Time for Vehicles at Factory reduced by 50%
- Credit Cost to Upgrade Vehicles at Research Lab reduced by 50%

4 week Event Schedule

EP EVENT Details

• 5/9 to 5/15
• HQ 6 and above final reward:
- Empire TX-225 assault tank (Eqp)
- Rebel Stolen TX-225 assault tank (Eqp)

• 5/16 to 5/22
- Empire TIE Striker (Starfighter)
- Rebel Fang Fighter (Starfighter)

• 5/23 to 5/29
• HQ 7 and above final reward:
- Empire Security Droid (Mercenary Unit)
- Rebel Drabatan Saboteur (Mercenary Unit)

• 5/30 to 6/5
- Empire TX-225 assault tank (Eqp)
- Rebel Stolen TX-225 assault tank (Eqp)

You got some of your wishes.

But most of these things take time. A lot of time.
And unfortunately, some/most of these things will ever change. As long as people keep paying to play a bad game nothing will change.

Don't forget to thank the people for paying for bad game design.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#19 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:44 am

I quite fancy the new unit... but I played like a beast the last few conflicts for snipers & jumps... just the thought of turning it on at the mo is a bit much!!!

I kind of wish they weren't so relentless... maybe conflict, then Ep, the conflict etc... relentless grinding has completely burnt me out this month...

saying that... i'll probably get stuck in on at least one of the weekend days ahead ;)
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 162,900 medals

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#20 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:20 am

1. It looks like there is a full month of events coming up after this conflict! AND an interesting looking vehicles at half price and cook times thing... maybe weekly 'encouragement' to use different things? These could be interesting.
2. They just tweaked the UC of the hunters. I hope there are many more tweaks to come!!!
3. We just had 4 weeks of the most desired/used frags in the game... but I do want to see more frags for other units (uwings/wagons,etc.)
4. Meh, without tweaks a major overhaul to the way rancors work, I never want to see any conflicts for rancors coming up. They require far to many frags to get to a level that is useful withing the next several years, which the game won't be around for... IF they dropped the frag requirements for them down to 1/4 of what they are now and I might grind for them.
5. We saw them tweak the matching algorithm once, hopefully they will try again. Though I think that we already established that the matching algorithm is actually working for you, a top level player facing top level players. What I hope they fix is the attack to defense power balance and the gears rewarded for winning.

mkenobi wrote:I do not believe Zynga has the creative freedom to alter the game in the way that many here would like and are asking, in fact I doubt Disney allows Zynga to modify the game code anyway. The future seems more of the same, until Disney pulls the plug.

I suspect they have compete control over the game and it is just taking time to get into the code. Given that Disney upgraded the Cantina to level 10, these new hunter wagons might have been in the pipe before the handover, but if they weren't then the new owners are already putting out new units which means that bigger changes could come.

CoolGuy wrote:
Lynch wrote:
I liked the events.....for one week. Then it became a grind to get the bonus crates. I think it got old quick.

Yes, but bonus crates are an optional grind, you can do as many as you want to get as many rewards as you want.

As far as frags for useful units, what was the last month? 2 weeks of sniper/SS GR and 2 weeks of jumps/jets.

Yes, they were useful frags, but it was back to the grind for many to get any benefit. I can play for 12 hours a day and still barely sneak into the UC leagues. That a function of being a top level Prestige player only getting 700 gears per successful attack.

I'm not sure whats going on here... My HQ9 bases only get 550 gears per win and I manage to get 4-5 UCs without spending 12 hours per day. (with both factions...)

Spock wrote:This is where rebels have a much harder time with conflicts than imperials. :(

I know that everyone's experience in this game is different but I am not sure how the Rebels have a disadvantage in grinding for UCs. In fact my Rebel account has gotten on average 1 more UC per conflict in every conflict in the last year than either of my Imperial accounts. My experience is that the Rebels have the advantage in conflicts and events.

mkenobi wrote:Donut hunters are almost useless since they were released, UC decrease do not make them useful, I have never used mine since my Windows days, and I keep them at level 1, even if they reduce UC to 4, I still prefer to use the Twileks. And why not a transport full of blue ladies? That would be really cool. :D

It's called a multi transport; hopefully you will be able to choose the merc it deploys in the future!

Return to “General Discussions”