GALACTIC CONFLICT - Salvage Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - Salvage Multi-Unit Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#61 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:03 pm

Gooner wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
Gooner wrote:I Hear you. I've also stopped Grinding in conflicts. I find them tedious and the return for the hours I put in not worth it. what they should do is turn on the armoury on dev bases and give them full sc's will stop people running up the requirements so much and make it easier for guys like myself who only see live bases and very rarely see devs. I'm just sticking to squad wars & Events should we get them much better return for your grind more fun as well .

I agree completely! The current conflict reward system sucks! You literally need to spend a full day (8-12 hours) per planet to get to UC and you can only do that with a medal dumped account. And medal dumping takes another full day to dump all of the medals from the conflict. For un-medal dumped accounts (like my prestige account) it takes the same amount of effort to stay in UC on just two planets.

I skipped grinding in the Forest Jet/Jump conflict (even though those are the most valuable frags in the game) with the plan to stop grinding but this new unit enticed me to grind to unlock it...

My Imperial Prestige account (80K medals) can barely keep in UC on Hoth and Tako with nonstop attacks for hours per day. I usually see a dev base or a weak player base within 6 skips (on those planets) but the average gears is only 500-700 and I need a full loadout to take them. Medal dumpers get easy bases worth 1000+ medals and push the UC gear requirement way up. I finally get to 1% by the end of the day and then I'm back at 3% in the morning. I could not even attempt it on another planet since they do not have dev bases... well Yavin does but only after 20-30 skips, but then I spend more time skipping than playing which is not fun either.

It is really frustrating that this game requires you to put in a 60+ hour work week just to get a 2-3 UCs in a conflict.
Spot on Strawman. Grinding in conflicts nowadays seems more like a job than it is fun. which is why I've stopped doing it. I had much more fun during those 3 weeks when we had the Naval event and there was also a noticeable difference In the number of people playing a lot of accounts were dusted off for it. I'd like to see more of that.

This.

I've never liked conflicts since my early days on Windows. Conflicts require a lot of time and effort for very little return - in reward and fun. Fun? Who can have fun disputing conflicts when you have to attack without stopping for hours and hours and continue attacking for days because if you stop someone will pass in front of you and you will not gain anything.

I can play Events with my six bases if I want and stop the time I want when I'm satisfied or tired, but I can not play conflicts with six bases, and if I can not play with all of them, it's only fair that I do not play with none.

This conflict for the donut van is so empty that my Rebel Prestige is in Bronzium II since 2 days ago with only 6 3-star attacks against Dev bases on Tatooine. Not hard to get to UC with a more dozen attacks, maybe, but for what? Unlock an unit that will take years to upgrade to a decent level?

No thanks, I'm getting old and my time is getting shorter, and there are thousands of movies I still want to watch, thousands of albums I still want to hear, and better things to do. I'm waiting for the next Event, and maybe it's my last run-in before I leave the scene. I'm going to miss the Forum and the friends I made during these almost 5 years of SWC playing in both factions and being part of several squads.

Games should exist only to help pass a few hours when there is nothing better to do and have fun. By the time they become compulsion, bureaucracy and monotony, the best thing to do is stop playing.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#62 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:29 pm

The last two events included crates for sale for Jets/Jumps and for the Donut Transport frags, with no fluff frags. I can see some players just buying $20.00 of crystals for 50+ frags, instead of grinding for them. My brother and I opted to go that route this event. It still leaves us enough time to UC Tatooine and Dando because of the low thresholds there, and saved a lot of time for other things. Not for everyone, but at least there's an option now, should this be the new norm. We've seen enough of the new units on defense and in sc's to know that we are not the only one's doing this. The extra 200 crystals a day, probably helped in this regard.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

sneakyzapper
Major General

Post#63 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:10 am

This unit would need 4 sets of 6 uc conflicts at 32 frags each.

Then 62 frags after. so 2 uc's to make it easy vs multiple worlds to try and chop it up.

26 uc crates basically minus 2 frags give or take.

Still a lot to go for after one set of 6 uc initially.

It will be level 5 with 12 frags leftover this time for me with the first 6 uc at least.

Kinda crazy. Not as bad as rancors at least though.

Good luck.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#64 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:23 am

lukeskywalker wrote:The last two events included crates for sale for Jets/Jumps and for the Donut Transport frags, with no fluff frags. I can see some players just buying $20.00 of crystals for 50+ frags, instead of grinding for them. My brother and I opted to go that route this event. It still leaves us enough time to UC Tatooine and Dando because of the low thresholds there, and saved a lot of time for other things. Not for everyone, but at least there's an option now, should this be the new norm. We've seen enough of the new units on defense and in sc's to know that we are not the only one's doing this. The extra 200 crystals a day, probably helped in this regard.

Although I agree completely that this new way of making the new unit frags available in the store, all by themselves and not mixed in with other frags, is a great change in the right direction, it does not go far enough. Sure you can spend $20 and unlock the new unit but most units are completely useless at level 1. Even the ITT/Speeder Trucks are pretty useless in PvP at level one, they only start to get useful in PvDev at level 4 and they might be useful in PvP at level 10 (I would love to see videos of level 10 buses facing mega bases in PvP!). I plan on trying to get 1-2 UCs in these conflicts and then I will spend the crystals to get an extra level but that will only get me to level 2-3 and they will still not do very well at those levels. I do not plan on spending the $400 required to get it to level 10 so that means that I will have to grind out 20 UCs to get it to level 10 and only if the owners are kind enough to give us plenty more conflicts for them, like say 10 weeks of conflicts for them all in a row!

DeathStriker

Post#65 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:55 am

CONFLICT UCL STATS - Update:

ULTRA CHROME LEVELS (UCL)
    ==================
    PLANET - GEARS - % - TIME
    ==================
    Tat - 19,338 - 1.98 % - 1d 21h
    Dan - 24,324 - 1.98% - 1d 19h
    Kit - 43,160- 1.86% - 2d 23h
    Yav - 42,198 -2.03% - 1d 20h
    Hot - 43,633 - 1.98% - 1d 9h
    Tak - 47,417 - 2.01% - 1d 10h
    ==================

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This data comes from the UCL LINE Chat created by rRr that is contributed to by members voluntarily.
    2. In that chat group, people post the threshold of UCL to within the range 1.8 - 2.2% and the amount of time left in the conflict.
    3. This is just a look at the most recent UCL Stats as of this Forum Posting and is subject to change.
    4. Use the above Info for decision making purposes.

GSoW CONFLICT TRACKER: Click here for Real Time (current) Conflict Stats. **Only Active During Conflicts**

Post any comments below...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Harshit
Admiral

Post#66 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:06 am

DeathStriker wrote:CONFLICT UCL STATS - Update:

==================
    ==================
    ==================

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This data comes from the UCL LINE Chat created by rRr that is contributed to by members voluntarily.
    2. In that chat group, people post the threshold of UCL to within the range 1.8 - 2.2% and the amount of time left in the conflict.
    3. This is just a look at the most recent UCL Stats as of this Forum Posting and is subject to change.

GSoW CONFLICT TRACKER: Click here for Real Time (current) Conflict Stats. **Only Active During Conflicts**

So now all planets are having UC threshold close to erkit (except tat and dand of course) and also Tako>erkit ?!?!?. Is everyone that crazy for that new merc ? I thought many people will just buy crates and unlock and simply upgrade it so they have to not grind for 12+ hrs.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

chicohound
Commodore

Post#67 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:26 am

Someone please explain to me the whole purpose of using a bot to run your attacks during conflicts? What the point, other than to inflate your own ego, to be ahead in a conflict by 40-50k?

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#68 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:44 am

chicohound wrote:Someone please explain to me the whole purpose of using a bot to run your attacks during conflicts? What the point, other than to inflate your own ego, to be ahead in a conflict by 40-50k?

To get frags from conflict crates without having to "work" for it ?

toname
Commodore

Post#69 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:51 am

Harshit wrote:

==================
    ==================
    ==================

PLEASE NOTE:

So now all planets are having UC threshold close to erkit (except tat and dand of course) and also Tako>erkit ?!?!?. Is everyone that crazy for that new merc ? I thought many people will just buy crates and unlock and simply upgrade it so they have to not grind for 12+ hrs.

There is a lot of interest given the utility of the ITT/Speeder trucks and now getting a similar mercenary unit, but also the decreased vehicle build times mean that a vehicle-centric loadout will complete much faster than normal, allowing for more attacks and higher thresholds.

Also note the time stamps. Er'Kit was last updated 37 hours before the last Takodana update, the UC threshold is certainly much higher now.

Lord
Commodore

Post#70 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:15 am

Harshit wrote:

==================
    ==================
    ==================

PLEASE NOTE:

That information is quite useless since from different time. Come here for latest same time info!
http://gsow.net/conflicttracker.html

Return to “General Discussions”