NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#191 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:55 am

I agree with OldRebel.

With Smtts, players who lost most attacks now get 1 star, those who got 1 star are getting 2 stars, and those who got 2 stars are getting 3 stars. Nobody continues in a game where you lose more than you win because the defense outweighs the attacks.

But Smtts is no guarantee of victory all the time. Just like attacking with 24 jets/jumps, neither is it, unless you use intelligence and other units, and also hero, dekas, Air and squad center because there are bases that are a nightmare for any attacker.

Smtts affect war attacks much more than PvP, obviously because in PvP the rival has multiple chances to defend.

In our last war, my mini Imperial HQ 8 passed over a Prestige (not maxed out but full prestige with level 8-9 turrets and most prestige buildings, more dekas, rancor, idt, and some atst in SC) with a bunch of Level 5 SMTTs and ITTs, plus a Lugga sample from HQ, eATTE, repair, storms for the buildings in the corners, air and sc.

Since we had Kit and Hoth, and the rival had Dando, it was like a "No-OP" war attack for me. I had never attacked such a strong Prestige base before with my mini HQ 8 without Tako or Tatooine to help to get 3 uplinks. That Prestige guy probably thought I was cheating. lol

SMTTs are OP, yes they are, and they need to be kept out of the No-OP wars, yes they do, but since we don't play No-OP wars, I don't mind. SMTTs are what guarantee that my boys with a lower HQ can destroy bases higher than theirs in wars, and I think that's very good. Better than just capturing and recapturing OPs.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

Oldrebel
Commodore

Post#192 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:41 am

mkenobi wrote:In our last war, my mini Imperial HQ 8 passed over a Prestige (not maxed out but full prestige with level 8-9 turrets and most prestige buildings, more dekas, rancor, idt, and some atst in SC) with a bunch of Level 5 SMTTs and ITTs, plus a Lugga sample from HQ, eATTE, repair, storms for the buildings in the corners, air and sc.

The great equalizer against those all-prestige teams who need Tako to run over 2 prestige, 2 10s, couple of 9s and down to level 7. 16 attacks, they're done. Magnificent when the 7s start clearing prestige bases against ops. Don't complain about SMTTs ever, if you use Tako in wars. If you need the 500% boost, your 12 jets are doing the damage of 60. You deserve to be hit by trains.

syncpan77
Admiral

Post#193 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:51 am

If you can't clear 95% of the bases out there with skinned jets/jumps, skinned troopers or other armory equipment alone, no trains, then you most certainly stink at this game. That simple. I don't care if you write another essay trying to explain why you're mediocre, that's on you bud. Most of player base was able to compete in conflicts before mtts so there goes your theory out the window.
OFFICER in "DARKDONATIONS"
LINE ID: syncpan77-MOSTLY A RESTRICTED NO OP WAR SQUAD
Top 15 on GSOW in UCL, always looking for new members

Oldrebel
Commodore

Post#194 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:01 am

Gee... good to know that several of my bases are in that 5% that don't get cleared.
Especially not by trains, they do worse than jets.

And again, I'm not talking about MY skill. I prefer restricted no ops and rarely do PvP. When I do, I generally don't use skins because I am practicing for no ops. I'm talking about the other 90% of players just trying to play a game and be somewhat successful.

You earned (or purchased) your armory frags, part of the game. Other players earned (or purchased) their SMTT frags, ALSO a part of the game.

Something else I've noticed: all of these "elite" players who think trains and buses are SO bad - they always seem to have one or two level 10 MTTs in their war defense SCs.

Therealharbinger
Major General

Post#195 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:39 am

I swear those that cry about the smtt actually dont have them or won once against a player base that forgot his armoury equipment and considered himself god like with them.
All you need to defend against them are buffed walls, in op wars with kit they hardly scratch a base. And level 10 walls with lvl10 skins stump them.
People just need to git gud.

Oldrebel
Commodore

Post#196 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:52 pm

Therealharbinger wrote:I swear those that cry about the smtt actually dont have them or won once against a player base that forgot his armoury equipment and considered himself god like with them.

They have them. They use them. I haven't seen a war SC without one since they came out, especially in no op wars. Always there, on the rare occasion I miss Kessen or decide to bait troops.  :D
Players shouldn't be so hypocritical - if they don't like them, or think they are OP, DON'T USE THEM! Not even in war defense.

But lacking reading comprehension and/or not caring, there is no consideration given for the "non-elite" players who just want to have some success with a GAME. Thus, the boilerplate "you suck" replies. Get off your high-horse, turn off your armory offense skins in PvP, and stop using Tako in wars if you want some challenge, because spamming a bunch of skinned or Tako-charged jets is not that different from using a few trains.
All you need to defend against them are buffed walls, in op wars with kit they hardly scratch a base. And level 10 walls with lvl10 skins stump them.
People just need to git gud.

A good mix of rockets and sonics will make short work of them. Placed smartly, those do okay against skinned jets in PvP too.

MachineHead
Commodore

Post#197 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:12 am

we use smtt in war as defense only in sc with capacity 12...there for sure better units for all wich are multiple of 7...since orback is out i see him more often than smtt...
mySquad: closed
myAccounts: MachineHead(11), Bulldozer(10), NineInchNails(9), Ministry(9), lol(7)
new also a rebel base - called corona

Return to “General Discussions”