NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
ForceMel
Major General

Re: EVENT: Questionable Cargo #3 (Rogue One Event #5) - Discussion Topic

Post#181 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:45 am

Therealharbinger wrote:
ForceMel wrote:
Therealharbinger wrote:
Well my 5 yesterday got rekd by 2 orbaks alone so I discredit that. Had all ops.
Outposts also dont affect the smtt at all or orbaks so was a straight up fight. Once these wagons merge together which they always will do, the splash damage just trashed them.

Try attacking a base when the opponent has Takodana or Tatooine, and has infantry or vehicles in their sc. The smtt will be affected by the outposts. I have a level 9 base with level 6 smtt. My level 9 base with level 6 smtt regularly 3 stars strong prestige bases.

A few weeks ago, we were in a war against one of the top warring squads in the game. We were guaranteed to lose because it was my secondary squad, and we were a squad of 5 or 6 prestige bases with a bunch of other lower bases going all the way down to level 4.

One of my guys had contact with the other squad, and they basically told us they were going to take the outposts, and roll us. There was virtually no way of us winning much less tying, so I hit three of their top bases with my level 9 account. I made sure I hit their leader, and their top officer. They were blown away that a 9 could kill a full prestige base.

So, that's 11 level 6 smtt utterly smashing high level smashing well built, full prestige bases (three in the sc).

One note, you don't have heal ships at level 9, so I did it without heal ships. A burst heavy base has no chance against them.

I would consider myself an average player with moderate ability. Once I figure out where to drop them, it's just a matter of clearing traps. At that point, I can drop them and almost walk away knowing they are going to kill the base. I'll keep an eye on the sc, but usually by the time it's triggered, there are too many units on the board for the sc to make a difference because there are already 22 Dowutin Hunters barrelling down on the base, backed by 11 smtt.

I have tat in today's war starting in a few hours. I'll be double checking that tat buff but certain it doesnt work. Same as tako doesnt buff togs.

You misunderstand. The defensive troops in the sc are buffed if the opponent has tat or tak. Jumps one shot everything, and MHT splash damage kills everything in a single shot. Attacking while the opponent takes care. Either nuke the sc from the air, or kill it when it emerges from the air. That is as long as it isn't jumps. If it's jumps, all you can do is watch while they kill your troops.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Zach
Major General

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#182 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:20 am

Rockets and sonic mix do the best against wagons imo for pvp. Have skinned snipers in sc and GR and you should do ok. Then people will tell you that jets will wipe you out. But I found that’s the best all round mix for Rebels. You can mix rockets and bursts but I prefer rockets cos of longer range. For wars high lv wagons are unstoppable like already mentioned.

Lord
Major General

Re: EVENT: Questionable Cargo #3 (Rogue One Event #5) - Discussion Topic

Post#183 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:05 am

Therealharbinger wrote:Why is everyone so excited and jizzing over the smtt. I ucd Hoth without ever using them.

Once you leave Hoth you will find how useful it is. Other planets doesn't have overpowered Hoth skin.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#184 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:37 am

Last week my Imperial HQ 11 suffered its second defeat by 3 stars in PvP in over 1 year. A Russian attacked on ErKit. He used 10 Level 9 SMTTs. He started the attack with Kessen + Lugga sniping my SC (he used a transport as ref since the dekas were destroyed), and deployed SMTTs on both sides, plus one in each corner, and dropped the flag with 5 Prestige desert Jets in the middle of the map. He only needed 7 landseers (Level 8) to keep everyone alive until the end and walk around my base.

Yes, it is possible to roll over any base for 3 stars as long as you use everything you have, but do the win outweigh the costs? Unless you are a wallet warrior to attack with 7 landseers every 10 minutes or less.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#185 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:51 am

If you're crystalling attacks, it's actually pretty cheap to cook mtt's and medships. It's certainly way cheaper than xtalling prestige jets, and I would say on par to xtalling level 10 jets.

syncpan77
Admiral

Post#186 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:10 pm

This is why the game is broken.
OFFICER in "DARKDONATIONS"
LINE ID: syncpan77-MOSTLY A RESTRICTED NO OP WAR SQUAD
Top 15 on GSOW in UCL, always looking for new members

Oldrebel
Commodore

Post#187 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:02 am

syncpan77 wrote:This is why the game is broken.

Nope. Overpowered defense is why the game is broken.
If you want defense troops being constantly spawned, then you need offensive units that also spawn.

A defense game is "passive". For a successful game, most average attackers need to be able to get at least one star and some loot. Advanced attackers should be able to get a high percentage and even 3 stars much of the time.

Look at all the units introduced to try to fix this mess: turd slicers, Bufopel/Ongidae, demo droid, now the Orbak. They have even buffed some of these lately. How many are ever used? They buffed the Fathier and reduced UC.

Skinned jets ruined attack skill long before trains. And trains are hardly a guaranteed win.
But, they are quite effective against all those glowing burst farms. I could argue that their introduction actually brought back some actual thought/strategy for defense, as effective defense against both jets and trains requires a good mix of turrets.

syncpan77
Admiral

Post#188 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:23 am

"Overpowered defense"? That's another way of saying "I suck at attacking".
OFFICER in "DARKDONATIONS"
LINE ID: syncpan77-MOSTLY A RESTRICTED NO OP WAR SQUAD
Top 15 on GSOW in UCL, always looking for new members

Oldrebel
Commodore

Post#189 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:37 am

syncpan77 wrote:"Overpowered defense"? That's another way of saying "I suck at attacking".

Really? That's all you can take from that? MY skill doesn't matter one way or the other.
The success of the MAJORITY of players certainly does.
So, by your attitude, let's just go ahead and add the armory to wars as well. Further increase the gap between the big wallet warriors and the rest of us.
When the upcoming players just give up, there goes any money they might have spent. With fewer opponents, even wallet warriors will have no reason to spend. And what good are their maxed armory perks then?

MachineHead
Commodore

Post#190 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:46 am

cool down guys...i play bases in all levels this days...my smallest a lv.4 without anything...i will find always opponents wich i could handle...a help is the rank number written below the name...i simply skip bases with 22 writen there in pvp...and in war we have all fair chances if we use the outposts…

i dont think that sMTTs kill the game...in some accounts i have them in other not. you have to deal with Units and Skins wich are available...
mySquad: closed
myAccounts: MachineHead(11), Bulldozer(10), NineInchNails(9), Ministry(9), lol(7)
new also a rebel base - called corona

Return to “General Discussions”