NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
lukeskywalker
Admiral

Re: EVENT: Questionable Cargo #3 (Rogue One Event #5) - Discussion Topic

Post#171 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:29 pm

Therealharbinger wrote:Why is everyone so excited and jizzing over the smtt. I ucd Hoth without ever using them.

I think it's the simplicity of them, especially if you are launching attacks while at work or have a couple of minutes while waiting for someone. You fill the queue, when you hit a break point, just launch attack and drop a few healers and presto ... 3 star win. Same for buffed jets. Once you get those at a high enough armory level, very shake and bake. When I'm off work, I like to mix it up more and cook different loadouts. During work, I keep it simple. Work, oh I have 3 minutes, drop an attack and reload the queue. The events and conflicts means a lot of no brainer attacks, so it's really being driven by this "end game" mentality of hitting thresholds while finding ways to keep the game a game. I also see players who rushed to level 10 or Prestige needing them. They don't have the armory levels needed. A lot of them have not even unlocked jet skins.

I'm sure there are some that just can't win without them, but I suspect the reasons vary like anything else.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#172 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:26 pm

Yeah, I was on a road trip during part of the orbak event. I had very spotty cellular connections, and didn't want to attack using armory units, so I just attacked with a mix of itt's and mtt's using the death trooper as a hero (looking mainly for dev bases). It will steamroll most bases. I dropped coverage a few times and took a loss, but at least I wasn't stuck for twenty minutes with my defense off.

During the last week of the rancor conflicts, I pretty easily uc'd on tako and yavin, then decided to give Tatooine a run. I got to ~2.5% doing normal attacks, but was spending a crazy amount of time skipping to find bases I could wipe. Then I realized I could cook a load of mtt's and medships and find 1110 gear bases to wipe more efficiently, so my last 10-12 attacks were with mtt's, and I got the third UC.

ForceMel
Major General

Post#173 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:49 pm

Therealharbinger wrote:Why is everyone so excited and jizzing over the smtt. I ucd Hoth without ever using them.

They pretty much guarantee a 3 star on any base in war. Even if the other squad has the outposts.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#174 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:45 pm

Boog wrote:During the last week of the rancor conflicts, I pretty easily uc'd on tako and yavin, then decided to give Tatooine a run. I got to ~2.5% doing normal attacks, but was spending a crazy amount of time skipping to find bases I could wipe. Then I realized I could cook a load of mtt's and medships and find 1110 gear basesto wipe more efficiently, so my last 10-12 attacks were with mtt's, and I got the third UC.

must be why I get so many 555 gear wins ...

I was guessing that I'm an 1110 gear base, but haven't attacked myself in quite some time, so needed this data point (cause I don't think I've seen a 1110 gear rebel base yet)

:)

still waiting for a 2 or 3 star win w/o those pieces of shit ... or 3 stars with them ...
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

XitLiteNtrNite
Major General

Post#175 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:55 pm

ForceMel wrote:They pretty much guarantee a 3 star on any base in war. Even if the other squad has the outposts.

This. There is no base that a semi-competent attacker can't 3* with high-level SMTTs. None.
In game name: Paper Tiger
Squad: CircleOf.Masters
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#176 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:19 pm

Well, I had proposed to limit the number of mercs in load to 3, or have a limit on UC for all merc units in load, like hero or air.

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#177 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:28 pm

I thought the number of gears awarded was partially based on the difference between your base score and theirs. So, if you are maxed going against other maxed bases or lower, you are probably capped for how many bonus difficulty gears you can get.

For the MTT, even a Level 1 unit has been helpful because it spawns up to 3 additional Dowutins In the battle that may split up and prevent focused fire on bunched targets... and gives the other units more time to inflict damage while moving even further apart. They’re not as effective if the MTT and Dowutins stay bunched. Splash damage from troops like the Oppressor can ruin your day.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L38
Medals: ~70k Deka/o: 50/50 Jets: 5d/4f/4a

Therealharbinger
Major General

Post#178 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:13 am

ForceMel wrote:

They pretty much guarantee a 3 star on any base in war. Even if the other squad has the outposts.

Well my 5 yesterday got rekd by 2 orbaks alone so I discredit that. Had all ops.
Outposts also dont affect the smtt at all or orbaks so was a straight up fight. Once these wagons merge together which they always will do, the splash damage just trashed them.

ForceMel
Major General

Post#179 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:10 am

Therealharbinger wrote:
ForceMel wrote:

Well my 5 yesterday got rekd by 2 orbaks alone so I discredit that. Had all ops.
Outposts also dont affect the smtt at all or orbaks so was a straight up fight. Once these wagons merge together which they always will do, the splash damage just trashed them.

Try attacking a base when the opponent has Takodana or Tatooine, and has infantry or vehicles in their sc. The smtt will be affected by the outposts. I have a level 9 base with level 6 smtt. My level 9 base with level 6 smtt regularly 3 stars strong prestige bases.

A few weeks ago, we were in a war against one of the top warring squads in the game. We were guaranteed to lose because it was my secondary squad, and we were a squad of 5 or 6 prestige bases with a bunch of other lower bases going all the way down to level 4.

One of my guys had contact with the other squad, and they basically told us they were going to take the outposts, and roll us. There was virtually no way of us winning much less tying, so I hit three of their top bases with my level 9 account. I made sure I hit their leader, and their top officer. They were blown away that a 9 could kill a full prestige base.

So, that's 11 level 6 smtt utterly smashing high level smashing well built, full prestige bases (three in the sc).

One note, you don't have heal ships at level 9, so I did it without heal ships. A burst heavy base has no chance against them.

I would consider myself an average player with moderate ability. Once I figure out where to drop them, it's just a matter of clearing traps. At that point, I can drop them and almost walk away knowing they are going to kill the base. I'll keep an eye on the sc, but usually by the time it's triggered, there are too many units on the board for the sc to make a difference because there are already 22 Dowutin Hunters barrelling down on the base, backed by 11 smtt.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Therealharbinger
Major General

Post#180 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:18 am

ForceMel wrote:
Therealharbinger wrote:
ForceMel wrote:They pretty much guarantee a 3 star on any base in war. Even if the other squad has the outposts.

Try attacking a base when the opponent has Takodana or Tatooine, and has infantry or vehicles in their sc. The smtt will be affected by the outposts. I have a level 9 base with level 6 smtt. My level 9 base with level 6 smtt regularly 3 stars strong prestige bases.

A few weeks ago, we were in a war against one of the top warring squads in the game. We were guaranteed to lose because it was my secondary squad, and we were a squad of 5 or 6 prestige bases with a bunch of other lower bases going all the way down to level 4.

One of my guys had contact with the other squad, and they basically told us they were going to take the outposts, and roll us. There was virtually no way of us winning much less tying, so I hit three of their top bases with my level 9 account. I made sure I hit their leader, and their top officer. They were blown away that a 9 could kill a full prestige base.

So, that's 11 level 6 smtt utterly smashing high level smashing well built, full prestige bases (three in the sc).

One note, you don't have heal ships at level 9, so I did it without heal ships. A burst heavy base has no chance against them.

I would consider myself an average player with moderate ability. Once I figure out where to drop them, it's just a matter of clearing traps. At that point, I can drop them and almost walk away knowing they are going to kill the base. I'll keep an eye on the sc, but usually by the time it's triggered, there are too many units on the board for the sc to make a difference because there are already 22 Dowutin Hunters barrelling down on the base, backed by 11 smtt.

I have tat in today's war starting in a few hours. I'll be double checking that tat buff but certain it doesnt work. Same as tako doesnt buff togs.

Return to “General Discussions”