NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Yoda94
Squadron Leader

Re: GALACTIC CONFLICT - Salvage Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#151 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:20 am

mkenobi wrote:
Yoda94 wrote:
Therealharbinger wrote:Surely it was technically impossible for you to have level 10 MTT's? Over 500 frags required when only 92 were available if you managed 6 campaigns? Or did you spend several hundred on crates?

I bought crates with crystals I got for compensation on lost account. Then I had to wait on all my upgrades XDD I still think it was worth it..

Join our squad and I’ll fill you up with lvl 10 mtts lol ;)
(Anyone is welcome)

I would like to see a full attack of Level 10 Vans.

During the SMTT conflict game gave Daily Crates with 200 crystals, I was able to get 8 crates for 2 of my accounts -- that's are 1600 crystals --, my other 4 accounts got 7 Crates. The Crates in Shop were offering only SMTT rewards, 11 frags per crate at 500 crystals.

If you were able to 6 UCs in all planets, bought 3 crates with the bonus crystals and put extra money to buy more crates (the SMTT crates was kept available even after the conflict ends), probably you have the unit at a good level now. But Level 10 means a lot of crates and thousands of crystals even if they come from compensation.

I used my Windows crystals to unlock and get the SMTT at level 5. The cost are too high after this with all those frags requirements. I use them to fill the SC of my HQ 6, and they do good for attack and defense, as usually it needs to 2 fangs/striker to destroy the truck.

Using them at Level 5 with my Prestige in PvP against Rebel Live bases full of GR, SC Jets, and full Sonics and Rockets is some kind of 1 star, maybe 2. Anyway, I need to go with 4 or 5 Vans, and more Jumps, hero, and ships, SC and everything else... nevermind, better keeping attacking Dev bases...

wat's the best way to post videos? It's actually quite fun to see the grenades insta killing a bunch of buildings, and then having grenades left over cos I think they don't throw them if the building is gonna get destroyed anway.

I just maxed elite at-te from this event and I think it's the best hero for mtts loads cos mtts are weak vs shields.. also really fun with this hero.

DeathStriker

Post#152 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:33 am

Yoda94 wrote:wat's the best way to post videos? It's actually quite fun to see the grenades insta killing a bunch of buildings, and then having grenades left over cos I think they don't throw them if the building is gonna get destroyed anway.

Yoda94 - Uploade Video to YouTube then insert into Forum Post using Image Icon in Post Editor.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#153 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:57 pm

Therealharbinger wrote:Surely it was technically impossible for you to have level 10 MTT's? Over 500 frags required when only 92 were available if you managed 6 campaigns? Or did you spend several hundred on crates?

I think it worked out to 6 UC's and about $160.00 or less in crystals to get to level 10. It was the one time crates were offered with 100% odds of getting 11 frags. Total of 620 frags to get to level 10, 192 frags earned for 6 UC's, which left 39 crates needed at 11 frags per crate. If you did the math and purchased at the right price break, and also took advantage of the 30% bonus, the cost dropped to under $120 I believe. I see a fair number of level 10 SMTT's, so there are a number of people who took this route. I did a quick and dirty calculation, so the math could be a little off, but it's direction-ally correct.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#154 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:57 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:

I think it worked out to 6 UC's and about $160.00 or less in crystals to get to level 10. It was the one time crates were offered with 100% odds of getting 11 frags. Total of 620 frags to get to level 10, 192 frags earned for 6 UC's, which left 39 crates needed at 11 frags per crate. If you did the math and purchased at the right price break, and also took advantage of the 30% bonus, the cost dropped to under $120 I believe. I see a fair number of level 10 SMTT's, so there are a number of people who took this route. I did a quick and dirty calculation, so the math could be a little off, but it's direction-ally correct.

My calculations were about $300+ if you flat out bought crystals to buy crates. Minus some for UCs, minus some for %30 bonus crystals. If you only got it to level 8 you might keep the cost to $100.

This is the best deal that they have ever had and it’s still way to expensive for me... I stuck with the level 4’s that I was able to get with UCs and bonus crystals.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#155 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:13 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:

My calculations were about $300+ if you flat out bought crystals to buy crates. Minus some for UCs, minus some for %30 bonus crystals. If you only got it to level 8 you might keep the cost to $100.

This is the best deal that they have ever had and it’s still way to expensive for me... I stuck with the level 4’s that I was able to get with UCs and bonus crystals.

You buy the $99.99 crate, you get 18,200 crystals if you bought them at the time they offered the 30% bonus. This gives you 36+ crates x 11 frags per crate. Total of 396 frags. Combined with at least 4 UC's and 2 Obsidians, the bonus crystals (400 at the time x 3?), you get to level 10 at less than half the $300 estimate you are coming up with. The key is making the decision to go for it at the beginning, and getting the best bang for the buck. If you go with the $9.99 or $19.99 crates and don't utilize the 30% bonus, then yes, it will get significantly more pricey.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

strawman3125
Grand Admiral

Post#156 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:20 am

lukeskywalker wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:

You buy the $99.99 crate, you get 18,200 crystals if you bought them at the time they offered the 30% bonus. This gives you 36+ crates x 11 frags per crate. Total of 396 frags. Combined with at least 4 UC's and 2 Obsidians, the bonus crystals (400 at the time x 3?), you get to level 10 at less than half the $300 estimate you are coming up with. The key is making the decision to go for it at the beginning, and getting the best bang for the buck. If you go with the $9.99 or $19.99 crates and don't utilize the 30% bonus, then yes, it will get significantly more pricey.

LOL I added the frags for all of the levels on the swcpy site not realizing there is a Prestige level, that you cannot get to, that shaves off 220 frags! Bring on the prestige level Cantina!

JARJAR
Major General

Post#157 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:53 am

you can get prestige MTT only in Squad center if you have this level in research lab

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#158 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:35 pm

Yoda94 wrote:
mkenobi wrote:
Yoda94 wrote:I bought crates with crystals I got for compensation on lost account. Then I had to wait on all my upgrades XDD I still think it was worth it..

Join our squad and I’ll fill you up with lvl 10 mtts lol ;)
(Anyone is welcome)

I would like to see a full attack of Level 10 Vans.

During the SMTT conflict game gave Daily Crates with 200 crystals, I was able to get 8 crates for 2 of my accounts -- that's are 1600 crystals --, my other 4 accounts got 7 Crates. The Crates in Shop were offering only SMTT rewards, 11 frags per crate at 500 crystals.

If you were able to 6 UCs in all planets, bought 3 crates with the bonus crystals and put extra money to buy more crates (the SMTT crates was kept available even after the conflict ends), probably you have the unit at a good level now. But Level 10 means a lot of crates and thousands of crystals even if they come from compensation.

I used my Windows crystals to unlock and get the SMTT at level 5. The cost are too high after this with all those frags requirements. I use them to fill the SC of my HQ 6, and they do good for attack and defense, as usually it needs to 2 fangs/striker to destroy the truck.

Using them at Level 5 with my Prestige in PvP against Rebel Live bases full of GR, SC Jets, and full Sonics and Rockets is some kind of 1 star, maybe 2. Anyway, I need to go with 4 or 5 Vans, and more Jumps, hero, and ships, SC and everything else... nevermind, better keeping attacking Dev bases...

wat's the best way to post videos? It's actually quite fun to see the grenades insta killing a bunch of buildings, and then having grenades left over cos I think they don't throw them if the building is gonna get destroyed anway.

Nevermind, guys, and thanks to XitLiteNtrNite for the link of the video, but I am talking about someone attacking a Live Prestige base full of high level GR, buffed jets/jumps/rodians in SC and buffed turrets with Vans at Level 10.

Well, Yoda awesomeness from Jedi-Elizabeth just attacked my Imp HQ 11 with 3 Vans level 10 and 6 Vans Level 8. Those at level 3 came in SC. He used Lugga for Kessen snipe my SC, landseers to heal the Dowutins and WEDs to heal the Vans and Hailfires, deployed each van in a different point as you can see:

But he couldn't get more than 1 star... I have a tough base, I know, attacking with desert jets level 8 and TXs level 8, my Rebel Prestige can only get 1 star from my Imperial base -- and I know what is inside :lol:

1 star is what I get using 4/5 Vans Level 5, and jumps against full GR and rocket/burst buffed Prestige Rebel bases. Still think Trucks can do a better work if you have the unit at high level, and are fast loadout as you can build 3 at the same time in factories. But my truck is only Level 2. Hope we get a truck event soon. ;)
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#159 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:16 pm

Every time you say van, I think vanguard. Definitely trains.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

XitLiteNtrNite
Major General

Post#160 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:59 pm

mkenobi wrote:Nevermind, guys, and thanks to XitLiteNtrNite for the link of the video, but I am talking about someone attacking a Live Prestige base full of high level GR, buffed jets/jumps/rodians in SC and buffed turrets with Vans at Level 10.

I still believe that 12+ lvl10 SMTTs (inventory + SC) with 8 heal ships will 3* pretty much any base. PvP may be a bit harder as you don't have time to properly scout the base, but that is a lot of firepower and GR will struggle to deal with it. By the end of the attack there will be dozens of lvl8 Dows + 10+ SMTTs left + E ATAT and they will simply plow through anything they stumble upon in the defensive SC.

That said, the cook time alone would be hours, and the payout would be well below dev bases. So I'll stick with my 5 minute cooks, use zero air, and get my 3* attacks in during PvP, and spend the long cooks for wars (though I rarely get to use smtts as they are on the restricted list for no-op wars).
In game name: Paper Tiger
Squad: CircleOf.Masters
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882

Return to “General Discussions”