NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Fisherman
Commodore

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#121 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:35 pm

Well they were handing out 200 crystals per daily crate... and I am sure monitoring what we spend them on. Got my transports to level 3 though a combination of 4 bronziums and crystals... but they aren’t as dominating as some report (perhaps user error) and susceptible to jets in the SC. I never tried the higher level samples as those usually give you false confidence. Save ‘em for squad wars....

Thekiller
Cadet Trooper

Post#122 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:53 pm

I have a doubt, I arrived between the 2% better in the last conflict and they gave me 32 samples of the unit. Is there any way to redeem them to get the data fragments? I'm HQ 6

DeathStriker

Post#123 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:16 pm

Thekiller wrote:I have a doubt, I arrived between the 2% better in the last conflict and they gave me 32 samples of the unit. Is there any way to redeem them to get the data fragments? I'm HQ 6

Thekiller - Welcome to the Forum! :D

As a HQ 6 you don't have a Cantina so you can't cook or upgrade the Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport.

There is no way to exchange Samples for Frags for ANYTHING.

The Cantina is unlocked at HQ 7.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#124 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:20 pm

Fisherman wrote:Well they were handing out 200 crystals per daily crate... and I am sure monitoring what we spend them on. Got my transports to level 3 though a combination of 4 bronziums and crystals... but they aren’t as dominating as some report (perhaps user error) and susceptible to jets in the SC. I never tried the higher level samples as those usually give you false confidence. Save ‘em for squad wars....

I would say they are slightly better than buffed jets. We tested the transports at various levels, and you start to see the effectiveness at around level 6. My brother has his MTT's at level 8 and they are about on par with his level 9 jets at armory level 6. He's thinking of pushing his HQ up to level 10 now, since the healers can really help on brute force attacks. I have my MTT's at level 10 and they are slightly better than my Prestige jets at armory level 9, with both backed by healing ships against high level gr and sc troops.

The MTT's 3 star more consistently, and are far easier to use in brute force attacks with healers than jets are. With jets, I normally need to bait the sc and gr troops first, then launch the jet assault. With the MTT's, I don't even need to bother with any baiting. Just van the traps and launch. Then as another poster stated so aptly, drop the healers, wash rinse and repeat. Obviously, the cook times will impact how often you use a full load of the MTT's. In wars, though, I won't mind using crystals to launch all MTT attacks. Maximizing the amount of time the transports can spawn is key. By the end of the attack, there's a horde of Dowutins that are hard to stop and they will take out gr troops in their path.

If you are attacking with level 3 transports and your opponent has level 8-10 jets in their sc, then yes, the jets would win. You didn't say what level you are at, so it's tough to make an apples to apples comparison. I think the best way to compare them is to jets at the same skinned level.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Thekiller
Cadet Trooper

Post#125 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:39 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
Thekiller wrote:I have a doubt, I arrived between the 2% better in the last conflict and they gave me 32 samples of the unit. Is there any way to redeem them to get the data fragments? I'm HQ 6

Thekiller - Welcome to the Forum! :D

As a HQ 6 you don't have a Cantina so you can't cook or upgrade the Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport.

There is no way to exchange Samples for Frags for ANYTHING.

The Cantina is unlocked at HQ 7.

Ty for the information. well it's a pity I craved that unit

Fisherman
Commodore

Post#126 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:10 am

lukeskywalker wrote:
Fisherman wrote:...Got my transports to level 3....

[...]By the end of the attack, there's a horde of Dowutins that are hard to stop and they will take out gr troops in their path.

If you are attacking with level 3 transports and your opponent has level 8-10 jets in their sc, then yes, the jets would win. You didn't say what level you are at, so it's tough to make an apples to apples comparison. I think the best way to compare them is to jets at the same skinned level.

Thanks for the reply. I’m a level 9 HQ and don’t have Dowutins unlocked. Not sure what level of Dowutin is even spawned. I mostly see 10s and Prestige bases so the GR is pretty tough and any jets in the SC are high level. Its a lot of frags to level 4... sigh... again appreciate the points you made.

DeathStriker

Post#127 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:20 am

Fisherman wrote:Thanks for the reply. I’m a level 9 HQ and don’t have Dowutins unlocked. Not sure what level of Dowutin is even spawned.

Fisherman - The Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport (SMTT) spawns Level 5 to Level 10 Dowutin Hunters depending Level of the SMTT.

:arrow: For more info click here.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#128 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:45 am

The health of the dowutins increases with levels, but the damage doesn't change much. Level 5's can get the job done.

DeathStriker

Post#129 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:50 am

Boog wrote:The health of the dowutins increases with levels, but the damage doesn't change much. Level 5's can get the job done.

What you say is - TRUE - about the spawning Dowutins - but keep in mind the SMTT vehicle increases in both Health and Damage with each New Level which is the primary reason for Upgrading.

:arrow: See Damage Info for SMTT here.

That said, each Commander chooses their own path to success...

DeathStriker

Post#130 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:43 pm

:!: ALERT: Mercenary Crate Ends in 24 Hours

HQ 7+ Commanders - If you have been thinking of getting some more Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport Frags via the Mercenary Crate in the SHOP you now only have 24 hours or less to make your decision.

:arrow: Tomorrow the Mercenary Crate disappears.

Return to “General Discussions”