NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 6458

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#101 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:07 pm

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

A Squadmate noted that WED Treadwells repairs the Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport even though it is a Cantina Unit.

The Empire Faction might be able to use Repair Droid's on their Salvaged Multi-Troop Transports.

Something to check out for yourself...
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


Schruaf
Major General
Posts: 360

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#102 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:18 pm

DeathStriker wrote:IMPORTANT NOTICE:

A Squadmate noted that WED Treadwells repairs the Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport even though it is a Cantina Unit.

The Empire Faction might be able to use Repair Droid's on their Salvaged Multi-Troop Transports.

Something to check out for yourself...


Sure the MTT is repaired by repair droids. But why is that a surpirse??
The infantry mecernaries are healed by healing droids. Heroes are healed/repaires by the healirng/repais droids.

That depends on the armor type - MTT is vehiclebruiser armor type. But it was always this way.


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 6458

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#103 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:32 pm

Schruaf wrote:Sure the MTT is repaired by repair droids. But why is that a surpirse??
The infantry mecernaries are healed by healing droids. Heroes are healed/repaires by the healirng/repais droids.

That depends on the armor type - MTT is vehiclebruiser armor type. But it was always this way.

Schruaf - TRUE... but... as with all new Units "presumed abilities" need to be tested and validated. It is nice that the new Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport gets the benifites of both Medics and WED Treadwells or Repair Droids. :D
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
toname
Commodore
Posts: 221

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#104 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:41 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:
212thbattalion wrote:Quick question. I have an lvl 6 empire account going into level 7. But i really want to unlock the mtt. If i happen to reach 2% and get UC crates. Will it be converted into frags instead of samples once i reach lvl 7?


212, I'm not sure if someone answered your question, but I suspect not. I have not seen samples convert to frags. The SOP is that you get samples for lower levels and frags once you gain access to the armory. The armory is where the game changes. It becomes more and more a chase for frags, after that point. As someone put so well in another post ... an arms race.


You're confusing his question, which I answered on page 9 of this topic. He doesn't need the armory, as these are unit fragments, not equipment fragments. What he needs is to reach HQ7, where you can build the cantina, at which point his reward will be fragments of the MTT and not sample units. I will note that I am not certain whether he would need the cantina built as well as completing the HQ7 upgrade.


User avatar
lukeskywalker
Major General
Posts: 464

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#105 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:10 pm

toname wrote:
lukeskywalker wrote:
212thbattalion wrote:Quick question. I have an lvl 6 empire account going into level 7. But i really want to unlock the mtt. If i happen to reach 2% and get UC crates. Will it be converted into frags instead of samples once i reach lvl 7?


212, I'm not sure if someone answered your question, but I suspect not. I have not seen samples convert to frags. The SOP is that you get samples for lower levels and frags once you gain access to the armory. The armory is where the game changes. It becomes more and more a chase for frags, after that point. As someone put so well in another post ... an arms race.


You're confusing his question, which I answered on page 9 of this topic. He doesn't need the armory, as these are unit fragments, not equipment fragments. What he needs is to reach HQ7, where you can build the cantina, at which point his reward will be fragments of the MTT and not sample units. I will note that I am not certain whether he would need the cantina built as well as completing the HQ7 upgrade.


Yeah, I missed your response. The thread went a bit off tangent, and I didn't see your post among the back and forth banter. Thanks for catching the erroneous reference to the armory. I was thinking about the research center upgrades this morning, and went sideways on this one.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!


bertoni
Lieutenant
Posts: 12

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#106 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:14 pm

Are you sure Tatu buffs MTTs? It's a mercenary unit ...

lukeskywalker wrote:The donut transport works well in Tatooine wars as anticipated. A level 9 has no problem taking down a Prestige base in Tat wars with 6-8 Dowutin transports at level 5 with the Tat outpost buff. Our lower level players did great with them at level 1. These units are popping up a lot, given the 200 crystals given out daily and the merc crates that are full of transport frags. No fluff in those crates.


Schruaf
Major General
Posts: 360

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#107 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:32 pm

bertoni wrote:Are you sure Tatu buffs MTTs? It's a mercenary unit ...

lukeskywalker wrote:The donut transport works well in Tatooine wars as anticipated. A level 9 has no problem taking down a Prestige base in Tat wars with 6-8 Dowutin transports at level 5 with the Tat outpost buff. Our lower level players did great with them at level 1. These units are popping up a lot, given the 200 crystals given out daily and the merc crates that are full of transport frags. No fluff in those crates.


That have to be wrong. As you say it is a mercenary unit and spawns other mercenary units - no oupost buff effects meceneray units.
He probably err.
Can't check my self at the moment. Anbody else allready tried it?


User avatar
Atom
Captain
Posts: 75

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#108 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:44 pm

Doesn't tat outpost say its a buff for vehicles? The transport is a vehicle.


bertoni
Lieutenant
Posts: 12

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#109 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:27 pm

I thought the outposts had an effect on the "Type" of units, not the "Armor type".

MTT Type: mercenary
MTT Armory type: bruiserVehicle

That's why Dando op doesn't affect eg Tognath:

Tognath Type: infantry
Tognath Armory type: mercenary

But I may be wrong...


User avatar
lukeskywalker
Major General
Posts: 464

Re: NEW CANTINA UNIT: Salvaged Multi-Troop Transport - Discussion Topic

Post#110 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:36 pm

bertoni wrote:Are you sure Tatu buffs MTTs? It's a mercenary unit ...

lukeskywalker wrote:The donut transport works well in Tatooine wars as anticipated. A level 9 has no problem taking down a Prestige base in Tat wars with 6-8 Dowutin transports at level 5 with the Tat outpost buff. Our lower level players did great with them at level 1. These units are popping up a lot, given the 200 crystals given out daily and the merc crates that are full of transport frags. No fluff in those crates.


If it's not the buff, then the MTT at level 5 is a brute. My brother has a level 9 HQ and he ran through a Prestige base with a base score of 3125, and used just the MTT's and vans. A couple of B-Wing shots, but probably not needed as he finished with time to spare. We can't test it again this war, since all their bases have been cleared.

The outpost info clearly says all non-hero vehicles, and does not specifically exclude merc vehicles. That said, I will test it the next time. I sat out this war. Bottom line, it worked in the war vs. a higher level opponent. It's going to be part of our future attack plans unless they nerf it. If it's not the Tat buff, then that means it would work in all wars.

As a side note, I have used it vs. Er'Kit Prestige dev bases and I can 3 star them with a mix of jets and 4 MTT's, so they play like armory level 9 buffed jets at least vs. a dev base. They also work vs. Prestige bases with lower level gr. Most likely gr at level 5 and below. They are not as effective vs. high level gr, but the Dowutin's don't ignore gr troops like Wookiee's, so that is a plus.
Last edited by lukeskywalker on Mon May 06, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boog, CommonCrawl [Bot], DotNetDotCom.org [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], LosVega, Proximic [Bot] and 32 guests