NEW STRUCTURE: Banners - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Re: NEW STRUCTURE: Banners - Discussion Topic

Post#41 » Thu May 02, 2019 9:35 pm

It would be interesting if the target preference for some units is changed to target the banner over other buildings, turrets, or troops on the map.

TNT
Admiral

Post#42 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:07 pm

I can confirm that you need to destroy the banners now to get 3 stars.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

geoman48
Admiral

Post#43 » Fri May 03, 2019 2:25 am

Conspiracy Theory: The Banners (much like the recent survey) are attempts by Zynga/Natural Motion to figure out the number of real players in the game so that they can dedicate the appropriate number of resources to it. # of people and how quickly the flags are built are an easy way for them to gauge actual players vs. dormant players.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#44 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:33 am

geoman48 wrote:Conspiracy Theory: The Banners (much like the recent survey) are attempts by Zynga/Natural Motion to figure out the number of real players in the game so that they can dedicate the appropriate number of resources to it. # of people and how quickly the flags are built are an easy way for them to gauge actual players vs. dormant players.

That could be it!

It could also be a test to see if they can successfully add new buildings! It does not look like adding a new building would be easy given that you need to add every building to every units targeting preference list and damage modifier list and there are a lot of units in the game.

Or, maybe they will be adding features to the banners in the future, like attracting troops.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#45 » Fri May 03, 2019 5:52 am

Are these things upgradable? I was scouting earlier, and thought I saw one being upgraded. Both my bases have 5 droids busy, so I haven't been able to build them yet.

Gooner
Major General

Post#46 » Fri May 03, 2019 5:56 am

Boog wrote:Are these things upgradable? I was scouting earlier, and thought I saw one being upgraded. Both my bases have 5 droids busy, so I haven't been able to build them yet.

No I tried to upgrade one but they stay at level 1 like the Droid hut.

DeathStriker

Post#47 » Fri May 03, 2019 6:10 am

:arrow: ALSO... Based upon Data Miner Website Info found here ( Rebel Banner // *Empire Same* ) this Structure, like Walls, is believe to add NO INCREASE to Base Score (still needs validation).

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Gooner
Major General

Post#48 » Fri May 03, 2019 6:21 am

DeathStriker wrote: :arrow: ALSO... Based upon Data Miner Website Info found here ( Rebel Banner // *Empire Same* ) this Structure, like Walls, is believe to add NO INCREASE to Base Score (still needs validation).

No Increase to Base score is correct DS. I Got the banners when they were first introduced before they took them away and my base score has stayed the same as it was.

DeathStriker

Post#49 » Fri May 03, 2019 6:32 am

Gooner wrote:
DeathStriker wrote: :arrow: ALSO... Based upon Data Miner Website Info found here ( Rebel Banner // *Empire Same* ) this Structure, like Walls, is believe to add NO INCREASE to Base Score (still needs validation).

No Increase to Base score is correct DS. I Got the banners when they were first introduced before they took them away and my base score has stayed the same as it was.

Gooner - Thanks smile :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#50 » Fri May 03, 2019 6:53 am

geoman48 wrote:Conspiracy Theory: The Banners (much like the recent survey) are attempts by Zynga/Natural Motion to figure out the number of real players in the game so that they can dedicate the appropriate number of resources to it. # of people and how quickly the flags are built are an easy way for them to gauge actual players vs. dormant players.

They are already tracking user login time, so I doubt your theory is correct. This data is easily mined.
How quick user can build these banners depends on when the next droid become available and not when the player is active.

Return to “General Discussions”