A view of the discussion of jump and jets

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Lord
Major General

A view of the discussion of jump and jets

Post#1 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:18 am

The most important thing determining the win or lose of the game is your own skill. As an impire player, my experience shows that most rebels attack foolishly, getting worse result with better equipment.
Some people say it's unfair, indeed, but it's balance, the statistics shows that the number of rebels is half less than the one of impire, the company is trying to fix it, so it have to give some advantage to the at least in current version.
It's meaningless to have complain like this because even if the difference in jump and jets is diminished, there will be difference in other units created.

Lord
Major General

Re: A view of the discussion of jump and jets

Post#2 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:43 am

It would be wiser to complain about speed trucks and unit transport which is harming both sides.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:39 am

Until you play on both sides, and at same level, your view is severely skewed and factional biased.

ForceMel
Major General

Post#4 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:50 am

DarkRebel wrote:Until you play on both sides, and at same level, your view is severely skewed and factional biased.

I would add to this that he would need to rise to the top where the better players are as to get a better view of the strengths and weaknesses of the game. I'm going to guess he's somewhat lower than at the top, and hasn't really seen much.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:42 am

I kind of like the truck. It’s a fun unit and can be used in PVP without needing skin. The problem though is that it’s like a sample special unit (Tx, Rodian/Sullustan, ...) in war where regular planet skin can’t be used, hence, has advantage over regular unbuffed unit.

Having said that, the main issue with squad war is Tako and Dando boost. I would address that first.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#6 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:58 pm

Lord wrote:The most important thing determining the win or lose of the game is your own skill. As an impire player, my experience shows that most rebels attack foolishly, getting worse result with better equipment.
Some people say it's unfair, indeed, but it's balance, the statistics shows that the number of rebels is half less than the one of impire, the company is trying to fix it, so it have to give some advantage to the at least in current version.
It's meaningless to have complain like this because even if the difference in jump and jets is diminished, there will be difference in other units created.

Honestly, a lot of players have bases in both factions. I have 6 bases now with both factions represented, and I don't see a difference in skills, when watching my defensive replays. 95% of players fail against good gr and sc troops. The top 5% have high level skills. That said, the game is an arms race. How hard is it to attack with jets at armory level 9 or 10, using jets and healing ships? Some skill is required, but imagine a Prestige Base with armory level 10 jets and guard reserve & full sc vs. a Prestige base with level 1 jets and guard reserve and no sc troops facing off against each other. There would need to be a massive difference in skill levels, to offset that armory & sc advantage.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Lord
Major General

Post#7 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:53 pm

ForceMel wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Until you play on both sides, and at same level, your view is severely skewed and factional biased.

I would add to this that he would need to rise to the top where the better players are as to get a better view of the strengths and weaknesses of the game. I'm going to guess he's somewhat lower than at the top, and hasn't really seen much.

Just wonder how many medals would be consiser to be "top"

Lord
Major General

Post#8 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:57 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:
Lord wrote:The most important thing determining the win or lose of the game is your own skill. As an impire player, my experience shows that most rebels attack foolishly, getting worse result with better equipment.

Honestly, a lot of players have bases in both factions. I have 6 bases now with both factions represented, and I don't see a difference in skills, when watching my defensive replays. 95% of players fail against good gr and sc troops. The top 5% have high level skills. That said, the game is an arms race. How hard is it to attack with jets at armory level 9 or 10, using jets and healing ships? Some skill is required, but imagine a Prestige Base with armory level 10 jets and guard reserve & full sc vs. a Prestige base with level 1 jets and guard reserve and no sc troops facing off against each other. There would need to be a massive difference in skill levels, to offset that armory & sc advantage.

It's just difference maximum30%( same level) so the advantage can be balanced by rodian guards, act etc.

ForceMel
Major General

Post#9 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:35 pm

Lord wrote:
ForceMel wrote:

Over 140k or more. How many do you have? I can tell you that I had a completely different matchmaking pool when I had near 160K, than when they stole over 140K from me in medalgate. My base was regularly getting rolled by top players. Now, I win a good bit of my defenses.
Leader of perennially top 15 squad IIReBeLsII and number 12 player of the now defunct Windows servers. Current leader of Rebelsyiir.

Lord
Major General

Post#10 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:15 pm

ForceMel wrote:
Lord wrote:
ForceMel wrote:I would add to this that he would need to rise to the top where the better players are as to get a better view of the strengths and weaknesses of the game. I'm going to guess he's somewhat lower than at the top, and hasn't really seen much.

Over 140k or more. How many do you have? I can tell you that I had a completely different matchmaking pool when I had near 160K, than when they stole over 140K from me in medalgate. My base was regularly getting rolled by top players. Now, I win a good bit of my defenses.

I commit I only have 80k+ :( and never have over100k

Return to “General Discussions”