Jetpack Trooper / Jump Trooper - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Josketer
Major General

Re: Jetpack Trooper / Jump Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#41 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:17 am

No, it's not about defenses.
It's about the firepower & health of jumpers and jets. Both are unbalanced and should be the same for both factions.
My base resists well, the majority of attacks of jets.-

But this is not the point of the issue, it's about the damage and health values of these troops. An imperial player has to get 3 UC to match what a rebel player gets with only 1 UC.
Imperial jumper Level 3 Buff: + 89% [3 UC] vs Rebel Jet Level 1 Buff: + 90% [1 UC] .-
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#42 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:11 am

Josketer wrote:No, it's not about defenses.
It's about the firepower & health of jumpers and jets. Both are unbalanced and should be the same for both factions.

They can't be the same if Devs don't nerf Imperial Burst turrets and Imperial GR. Unless all units and Armory equipments are equivalent and have the same damage/health for both factions will never work, and there will always be someone complaining. And the game has never been the equivalent faction kind from the very beginning, even before Armory.

I see this difference when playing with my Imperial Prestige and my Rebel Prestige. And it is the great advantage of Rebels currently against Dev bases on ErKit. My Desert Jets are Level 8, and I'm able to beat Dev bases with half of my loadout, even those with only Bursts if I use half TX (level 8 skin) and half Jets, and some Ithorians, Pilots, and Vanguards, and attack again or in about 5 minutes while as Imperial I would need Level 10 Jumps to have the same firepower as the Rebel Jet equivalent. My skin jumps are level 8, and I usually need to use almost all loadout attacking Dev bases, which leads to a wait time of almost 10 minutes.

Anyway, I do not play conflicts anymore with my Prestiges, but I realized this during the last Event when I was attacking Dev bases with my Prestige bases for EP.

I am not belittling anyone's victories, but it depends on the level of the Armory equipment and skill of the attacker. But as a rebel, in case I do not find Dev bases, I skip all Live bases with buffed Bursts farms, until I find some unsuspecting who also uses RFT, Rockets and Sonics, it's rare but not everyone reads the Forum to know the advantages of both factions. And the advantage of the Rebel Jets is not worth anything against big Imperial bases with maxed out burst turrets in high armory equipments, and also has barracks spitting rodians almost non-stop.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#43 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:04 pm

Your base resists well because you only have 26k medals, so you do not face tough opponents. This is also how you get multiple UCs every conflict. You are stronger than me in frags and perks, yet I do not face you in the battlefield and I get less conflict gears.

This is a perfect example of a failure in the matchmaking system. The only way to fix this is HQ level vs HQ level with perhaps 1 up and 1 down.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

darthdoodie
Major General

Post#44 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:10 am

CoolGuy wrote:This is a perfect example of a failure in the matchmaking system. The only way to fix this is HQ level vs HQ level with perhaps 1 up and 1 down.

Josketer....can you please tell this guy what level opponents you face? I'm quite sure you're facing prestige players and lots of devs, but he refuses to listen to me or the number of others who keep telling him that the old days of beating up on low level bases is over, so this whole HQ matching thing is a non-issue.

FYI Coolguy, I managed 4 UCs in the last sharp GR conflict - hoth was all real bases and helped with 30 Ds. Yavin was all Dev bases on one day only. Tat was dev bases over a few days, and Dando was Dev bases for a few hours only, followed by real bases for the majority - 120K medals, 3150 BS. I got those UC through the availability of dev bases and lots of skipping.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#45 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:22 am

darthdoodie wrote:FYI Coolguy, I managed 4 UCs in the last sharp GR conflict - hoth was all real bases and helped with 30 Ds. Yavin was all Dev bases on one day only. Tat was dev bases over a few days, and Dando was Dev bases for a few hours only, followed by real bases for the majority - 120K medals, 3150 BS. I got those UC through the availability of dev bases and lots of skipping.

I only got UC on Tatt and Er'Kit as that's where the dev bases are for Rebels. Other planets are impossible to get UC on if you are a high level player - unless you medal dump or sandbag.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Lord
Commodore

Post#46 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:53 am

mkenobi wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:Who really cares about factional imbalances anyways... most UCs are not won by PvP (where the players are at equal levels). Just look at the top 50 charts for conflicts; most players are there because of (in order)
1. mostly dev base wins
2. artificially low medal counts to hit player that are far weaker than them
3. artificially low base scores to hit player that are far weaker than them
4. defense wins
5. actual PvP with opponents at equal level

Factional imbalances are not even applicable in the first 4!

All of these debates about factional balance when really only a small fraction of battles are affected by it. If the new owners are going to change/fix anything I would prefer that they make it so that the game returns to PvP and then worry about factional imbalances.

As you showed, the greatest problems in the game now are:

1) excessive equipments for defense that force players to dump medals and build weak bases to try to find easy targets;
2) high gear Dev bases only available for one faction or a few players on specific planets;
3) the stupid matchmaking that combines someone with a rival 2 or 3 levels above without considering the level of their Armory equipment but only medals and base score.

We see players getting Obsidian and UCL most through defensive wins, and sandbaggings and medal dumpers getting easy rivals but because of their low gears these players need to attack more and more, while some luck guys only need to find Dev bases with +1000 gears for lots of easy wins in a row.

And worst is if you are a maxed out and have a high medal base and you are below Prestige you won't find "opponents at equal level", but only bases above you, including Prestiges in case of you have HQ 8 or HQ 9. For these players factional imbalances are the last problem like my Rebel HQ 8 only fighting 10s and Prestige now.

Maybe if I dump medals I can find HQs 9 due to still be maxed out instead of Prestiges? I don't know, I won't lose my time losing attacks, if I have other bases I can play. But how win in the game now where the defender has more defensive equipments than the attacker has equipments to attack?

I agree, matching is the biggest problem currently.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#47 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:40 am

But this is not the point of the issue, it's about the damage and health values of these troops. An imperial player has to get 3 UC to match what a rebel player gets with only 1 UC.
Imperial jumper Level 3 Buff: + 89% [3 UC] vs Rebel Jet Level 1 Buff: + 90% [1 UC] .-

So lets see, you have no problem attacking. You have no problem defending jets. You have no problem getting multiple UCs even when you claimed you didn’t have much time playing. Obviously, the difference in jets/jumps unit stats didn’t really have a real impact in your in-game experience (like when having to face jets).

Whatever point you are trying to make, you disputed it with your own stated facts.

Josketer
Major General

Post#48 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:54 am

CoolGuy wrote:

Your base resists well because you only have 26k medals, so you do not face tough opponents. This is also how you get multiple UCs every conflict. You are stronger than me in frags and perks, yet I do not face you in the battlefield and I get less conflict gears.

This is a perfect example of a failure in the matchmaking system. The only way to fix this is HQ level vs HQ level with perhaps 1 up and 1 down.

1- DS has more than160K medals and wins many UC just like me and even more, considering the fact that he plays with several accounts, and I play with only one. So medals are not the underlying problem.-

2- Due to my rank 20, I can face anyone. The easiest example is the player number 1 in the game. He has the highest score of all the SWC players and I was face him and win. Dennis with 167K medals and a Base Score: 3358. So ,if I can find the one player with the highest Base Score , then I can find anyone ..

3-On the other hand, if I can find anyone, then this implies that anyone can also find me.But the issue goes through the gears that are obtained for a 3-star battle.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x

Josketer
Major General

Post#49 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:04 am

DarkRebel wrote:

So lets see, you have no problem attacking. You have no problem defending jets. You have no problem getting multiple UCs even when you claimed you didn’t have much time playing. Obviously, the difference in jets/jumps unit stats didn’t really have a real impact in your in-game experience (like when having to face jets).

Whatever point you are trying to make, you disputed it with your own stated facts.

Because I exposing a problem of imbalance between Buffed Jumpers / Jets. I did not a post, to discuss my attacks or defenses.
The post is about this:
Why should an imperial player win 3 UC to match a rebel player who wins 1 UC ?

Imperial jumper Level 3 Buff: + 89% [3 UC ] vs Rebel Jet Level 1 Buff: + 90% [1 UC ] .-[/quote]

On this point, it is the discussion
This is what must be corrected.-

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#50 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:35 am

Josketer wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:

Because I exposing a problem of imbalance between Buffed Jumpers / Jets. I did not a post, to discuss my attacks or defenses.
The post is about this:
Why should an imperial player win 3 UC to match a rebel player who wins 1 UC ?

Imperial jumper Level 3 Buff: + 89% [3 UC ] vs Rebel Jet Level 1 Buff: + 90% [1 UC ] .-

On this point, it is the discussion
This is what must be corrected.-

So ... why must it be corrected again ? What in game problem are you experiencing that must be corrected ?
Every unit in game can have different stats. Simply looking at the stats of a single unit and not considering the overall picture is very shortsighted, do you understand this ?

Return to “General Discussions”