Jetpack Trooper / Jump Trooper - Discussion Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Josketer
Major General

Re: Jetpack Trooper / Jump Trooper - Discussion Topic

Post#31 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:20 pm

bob1084 wrote:Mark my words in his line chat for his squad there is a conversation happening about how rebs have better snipers, “another time the devs f’d imps”

“All devs are rebels”

Bla bla bla.... all the while refusing to investigate further.

Pass the salt please my popcorn is bland

Does it bother you that I tell the truth ? Ja !
You can write everything you want, but I'm going to expose reality again and again.
Josketer, Leader from Argentina-501st
HQ : Prestige Level ---Rank : 21--- Medals :Affected by the MedalGate.I lost 90K medals for a **** bug !! :x
Youtube channel : Josketer
Argentina-501st - Imperial forces - Perks L 50

darthdoodie
Major General

Post#32 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:29 pm

Josketer wrote:....

Josketer

Have a look a little further down on those pages at the damage multipliers:

Sharp - Damage multipliers: (200): Flying infantry
Sniper - Damage multipliers: (300): Flying infantry

Thats what they are referring to when saying snipers are better.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: **HOT: Zynga / Natural Motion Games - SWC Game Survey - Discussion Topic

Post#33 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:01 pm

Josketer wrote:
Shelendil wrote:Is everyone just ignoring the fact that imperial snipers do 50% more damage to infantry than the rebel version?

:?: :?: :?:

:roll:

You have conveniently forgotten the modifiers which are 300 for Imperial against jets, whereas Rebels only get 200.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Gooner
Major General

Re: **HOT: Zynga / Natural Motion Games - SWC Game Survey - Discussion Topic

Post#34 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:59 pm

CoolGuy wrote:
Josketer wrote:
Shelendil wrote:Is everyone just ignoring the fact that imperial snipers do 50% more damage to infantry than the rebel version?

:?: :?: :?:

:roll:

You have conveniently forgotten the modifiers which are 300 for Imperial against jets, whereas Rebels only get 200.
And seems to have forgotten that Rebels are Infantry based. and Imps Mech based.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#35 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:00 am

@Josketer, if you have problem defending jets, switch all RFT and rockets turrets to bursts and equip with both heat sink and mounting equipments.

I got curious so I took a look at your base - NO BURST !!!

Burst has 140 multipler against jets, and the IMP version has 11% damage more than rebel version. Don’t you already know this being a regular in the forum ?

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#36 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:06 am

DarkRebel wrote:@Josketer, if you have problem defending jets, switch all RFT and rockets turrets to bursts and equip with both heat sink and mounting equipments.

Burst has 140 multipler against jets, and the IMP version has 11% damage more than rebel version. Don’t you already know this being a regular in the forum ?

Yep, an Imperial base with no bursts is like Christmas for a good Rebel player. One of the few base types you can get an easy 3 stars on.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#37 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:36 am

CoolGuy wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:@Josketer, if you have problem defending jets, switch all RFT and rockets turrets to bursts and equip with both heat sink and mounting equipments.

Yep, an Imperial base with no bursts is like Christmas for a good Rebel player. One of the few base types you can get an easy 3 stars on.

I though that was just to lure Rebels in to attack so that you could rack up some defensive wins. Almost no Rebels attack a base with a glowing bursts and sonics so using Rapids or Rockets is to encourage more attacks.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#38 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:40 am

CoolGuy wrote:

With his 10K medal count, he is not likely to face too many competent attackers. His L11 sonics are still effective though to beat average attackers at his medal level.

strawman3125
Admiral

Post#39 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:46 am

As I mentioned earlier in this thread: PvP is pretty much dead so the Imperial sniper and burst benefits don't even really come into play for most players. The real beauty of the Rebel Jets advantage is that the Rebels can hit dev bases with fewer Jets than Imperials require and thus they can attack faster and rack up more conflict gears. (In the last year my Rebel account has, on average, collected 30% more gears than either of my Imperial accounts, with the same amount of grind time spent, which results in an average of one more UC per conflict!!!) If this game were to shift back to PVP, who knows, but right now in the current PvDev situation Jets RULE!!!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#40 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:55 am

strawman3125 wrote:As I mentioned earlier in this thread: PvP is pretty much dead so the Imperial sniper and burst benefits don't even really come into play for most players. The real beauty of the Rebel Jets advantage is that the Rebels can hit dev bases with fewer Jets than Imperials require and thus they can attack faster and rack up more conflict gears. (In the last year my Rebel account has, on average, collected 30% more gears than either of my Imperial accounts, with the same amount of grind time spent, which results in an average of one more UC per conflict!!!) If this game were to shift back to PVP, who knows, but right now in the current PvDev situation Jets RULE!!!

Well, don’t think so. Switch your bursts back to RFTs and you’ll see ;)
It (PVP) seems dead because bases with flashing bursts and deeply burried barracks (implies rodian) are instant skips by rebels. If your base looks vulnerable, I’d bet you’ll be hit with 100% lost by jets swarm and the forum will have one more topic about jets/jumps imbalance :)

Right now, other than Hoth with long range mech buff, there is no effective counter measure for this flashing burst + buffed barrack sniper combination. This is an area that I’ve been advocating devs to address.

Return to “General Discussions”