Cheating in war?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: Cheating in war?

Post#11 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:32 pm

It wasn't a level 5, though. The OP's story changed halfway through, which makes me doubt the OP.

Schruaf
Major General

Post#12 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:46 am

Boog wrote:It wasn't a level 5, though. The OP's story changed halfway through, which makes me doubt the OP.

Ok I missed this point.

Macca
Squadron Leader

Post#13 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:37 am

Boog wrote:It wasn't a level 5, though. The OP's story changed halfway through, which makes me doubt the OP.

It wasn’t intentional to change the story - only the hq was lvl 8, and only the research lab was lvl 5 - my original post was meant how can lvl 5 troops beat 2 prestige bases. The highest building other than hq was the reasearch lab all other buildings were lvl 3 or 4, starship command lvl 1, highest barrack at 4

Macca
Squadron Leader

Post#14 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:55 am

Boog wrote:You can't trust the the war room or log for when OP's change hands. The player could have had Tat for the attack. I have two accounts, and lag is huge. Sometimes the outposts flip twice without me ever seeing it. You can also load a base with the ops and sit on it while troops cook. As long as those troops already appear in your transport, you will get the additional ones when you launch your attack.

And it sounds like a level 8. A level 8 loaded with wagons can take down any base with Tatooine.

I agree with the lag but an hour later? Surely the game doesn’t lag that far! And I was online for during the process so knew it wasn’t a grab back then attack.

If This player had a lvl 8 factory or lvl 8 barrack maybe but highest barrack was a 4 and factory at lvl 2. My understanding is that troops in inventory can’t be higher than the building that they are trained in?

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#15 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:01 am

Level 1 ITT's can flatten any base.

Macca
Squadron Leader

Post#16 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:04 pm

Boog wrote:Level 1 ITT's can flatten any base.

Wow! So 6 Wookiee carriers can beat any prestige base with no outposts! Man those things are potent then - a few players in a squad with those unlocked despite their lvl will never lose a squad war!

Atom
Captain

Post#17 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:44 pm

They are not that potent. you still need to deal with sc well. I have level 6 wagons and they are not a guarantee, though very good

Maverick
Storm Trooper

Post#18 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:39 am

Hello!
I am Maverick, leader of SeriousSwedes which are mentioned here, this issue here was brought to my attention by a friend of mine.
If you look at my squads info there is a LINE id, why not contact me if you have suspicions like theese?

I have looked into it and, YES, I must conclude that this guy in my squad, omBERar, hq L8 is most probably cheating, he is not on LINE, have been a member of my squad for at most two months I think, we haven't talked much in-game since I do most of my talking on LINE.

I did just look at his base, which is as follows:

omBERar, HQ L8
Transports: 1xL3, 2xL5
Shields: 2xL1
Hero command: L1
Starship command: L1
Barracks: 1xL1, 1xL2, 1xL4
Factory: 1xL2
SC: L1
Research lab: L5

This dude should barely be able to take out a L6 with Tako or Tat support, not a L9 or above with theese assets, so yes, he is probably cheating and I will sack him from my squad asap, we are in a SW for a few hours more but as soon as it ends he will have to go, we are a good team, with over 400 SWs played and we can win without cheaters among us.

Sincerely

Maverick, leader of SeriousSwedes

DeathStriker

Post#19 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:45 am

Maverick wrote:Hello!
I am Maverick, leader of SeriousSwedes which are mentioned here, this issue here was brought to my attention by a friend of mine.

This dude should barely be able to take out a L6 with Tako or Tat support, not a L9 or above with theese assets, so yes, he is probably cheating and I will sack him from my squad asap, we are in a SW for a few hours more but as soon as it ends he will have to go, we are a good team, with over 400 SWs played and we can win without cheaters among us.

Sincerely

Maverick - Thanks for taking time to post. :D

Any admistrative actions you want to take is up to you but attacks in War are hard to monitor unless Attacker records / posts Attack Replay, and what may appear as cheating may simply be something else.

I always proceed cautiously when investigating reports of cheating to ensure Players are not accused in error.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Macca
Squadron Leader

Post#20 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:03 am

Maverick wrote:Hello!
If you look at my squads info there is a LINE id, why not contact me if you have suspicions like theese?

I have looked into it and, YES, I must conclude that this guy in my squad, omBERar, hq L8 is most probably cheating, he is not on LINE, have been a member of my squad for at most two months I think, we haven't talked much in-game since I do most of my talking on LINE.

I did just look at his base, which is as follows:

omBERar, HQ L8
Transports: 1xL3, 2xL5
Shields: 2xL1
Hero command: L1
Starship command: L1
Barracks: 1xL1, 1xL2, 1xL4
Factory: 1xL2
SC: L1
Research lab: L5

Sincerely

Hi maverick,

Thanks for reply - I hope you saw my comment that I did say it was just that 1 member and didn’t accuse the squad of cheating in any way - and neither did I imply that your squad was cheating.

I’m sure you can appreciate that as a leader to see such a player pull off 2 heroic prestige attacks was highly suspicious and I wouldn’t have mentioned the squad name if I wasn’t asked , so apologies if you felt I meant your squad was cheating. Also bizarrely he didn’t take me out (the only other prestige base) with his remaining attack - he/she decided to recapture tatooine?! Lol

I’m fairly experienced in the game but certainly no expert with years of experience and having only been a leader for a year or so by default and not by choice. So I feel the need to take on my squads concern. My point of the post with my relative lack of experience was ‘is this possible?’ And I didn’t name the player or the squad as I didn’t want to offend anyone if it was 2 genuinely plausible attacks - but was highly suspicious as iv never seen anything even close.

As for contacting you directly- it hadn’t crossed my mind and I wouldn’t/don’t know how to contact you on LINE. A message “I think you have a cheater in your squad” wouldn’t go down well ;). Also I would have no idea if you were complicit in the activity so the chances of a truthful answer in the majority of cases is likely to be low - “go forth and multiply” I imagine would be a common response to such a question in war lol. Having said that it’s good to hear that you are an honest squad and an honest leader and il repeat again I didn’t suspect the squad just the 1 player.

I’m glad that my concerns were justified and most replies have been that yes this individual was cheating.

Also I’d like to say your squad has a great record and when I saw your stats as a squad I thought we were dead and buried and a defeat was inevitable. However we put up a great fight though and think we gave you a good battle right to the last few hours. Even without that player you would have got the draw anyway as we just ran out of players to defend tako.

Anyway best wishes maverick it really wasn’t my intention to name or shame anyone - so sorry again. Your squad is one tough squad to beat!

Macca

EDIT:

What is it you doubt boog?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Combined Back-to-Back Posts - Added "Edit"

Return to “General Discussions”