Level 7 empire attack loadout advice

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Brett92
Cadet Trooper

Level 7 empire attack loadout advice

Post#1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:14 pm

I am having trouble with attacking at level 7. What unit composition do you recommend? I don't have any skins yet so I know that is part of the problem. I have been using 4 to 5 mhc's and been experimenting with what to run with them with not much success. Is level 7 a hard level in general being without jumps? Is jumping to level 8 a good idea to get jumpers?

Ghostie
Commodore

Re: Level 7 empire attack loadout advice

Post#2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:46 pm

Heavy Storm Troopers and Astromedic with AT-AT as hero.

Storm Troopers and Astromedic with AT-AT as hero.

Bangbus/Storms/Heavies/Snipers/Astro and AT-AT.

Just some suggestions.

In PvP this game is an arms race … so chase those bronzium crate frags to unlock some skins as soon as possible. Make sure you do all daily bronzium crate objectives and complete all Heroic Defenses. We have a jump trooper skin event coming up in about a week make sure you maximize your efforts there as well.
Last edited by Ghostie on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Do hd's and get skins. You should have unlocked Rodians during the last event. If you didn't, you really blew it.

toname
Commodore

Post#4 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:41 pm

If he doesn't have skins, he definitely doesn't have astromedic.

You should have stayed at HQ6 and been doing all your objectives and heroic defenses every day to accumulate equipment fragments.

Where you are now...I'd say a gamorrean or two to lead the charge and draw turret fire, mhcs behind them to take down the turrets, maybe a sniper or two to deal with guard reserve troops, stormies to clean up the rest.

Ghostie
Commodore

Post#5 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:26 pm

toname wrote:If he doesn't have skins, he definitely doesn't have astromedic.

You should have stayed at HQ6 and been doing all your objectives and heroic defenses every day to accumulate equipment fragments.

Where you are now...I'd say a gamorrean or two to lead the charge and draw turret fire, mhcs behind them to take down the turrets, maybe a sniper or two to deal with guard reserve troops, stormies to clean up the rest.

Good advice...wasn't thinking on the astromeds....but it brings up another good recomendation to the OP.

The recomendation would be to join a squad where he/she can get some high level troops delivered to his/her squad center.

I donate to my 12 level 6 accounts from a maxed prestige base and usually fill squadcenters with: 2 bangbuses or 2 astromedics and 3 prestige heavies with stormy fillers.....These help my mini's a ton. My primary objective is to gather loot for upgrades though not to take down any big bases.....yet :twisted:

One further bit of advice would be to lay off the defensive upgrades and concentrate on offense upgrades until you reach level 8....Final advice can't stress the importance of unlocking those jump skins in the upcomming conflicts. They are game changers.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

SmallPotato
Commander

Post#6 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:13 am

I'm currently level 7, been there for a while and the lessons of 7 are still fresh so my advice should, I hope, be relevant. I've maxed out 7 now so I'm upgrading to 8 where I assume I'll have to learn a whole new set of lessons :).

toname wrote:do all your objectives and heroic defenses every day to accumulate equipment fragments.

(I changed that from the past to the present tense).

Yes, do that. Crates, crates, crates. Bronzium crates: that's what you want. Concentrate on heroic defence and bronzium objectives. If you have time to visit more than one planet in a day, do that so you can get a number of bronzium crates per day. Fairly soon you will have some skins.

It's widely accepted that the best kind of base for heroic defence is the "north corner" base. You should be able to search for that and get lots of advice but it all hinges on the fact that the computer never drops troops in the north corner. So if you tuck your base right up against the north corner then you won't need to defend to the north so much and can concentrate your defences to the south. Switching to a layout like that immediately paid dividends for me in terms of heroic defence. Note that if you only get one or two stars then you will get crates with data fragments that upgrade your defences, which helps for the future. If you get three stars then you will get two fragments towards a skin or a guard reserve.

Pretty much this. I actually use three gamorreans. I have shock troopers unlocked so I tend to drop one first to de-trap the drop site for the gamorreans. Once the turrets are all shooting at the gamorreans drop the mhcs and (usually) elite AT AT. I like to have a couple of repair droids to keep the mech going for a bit longer. Others prefer to bring more troops.

On snipers vs. guard reserve or squad centre troops: I usually make sure I have enough stormtroopers to drop down in front of whatever comes out first. Then I drop the snipers while the reserve is shooting at the stormtroopers. I used to take bikes, which are extremely good at taking out enemy troops but they then have a tendency to zoom into the teeth of enemy turrets and get blasted to pieces. Snipers stay back and help to shoot buildings - unless there are more troops to shoot.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:56 am

They aren't popular, but probe droids can be very good against GR troops. They are lower UC than bikes, slower, and don't suicide as much. They work really well with the ATACT. They get some protection from the spawning shoretroopers, and will shoot waves of rebs coming at the ATACT. You can bring 2-4, and deploy them as needed.

There are 18 types of elite equipment in the regular bronzium crates. That means you need 360 frags to unlock them all. They don't all come at the same rates, but the gr frags and other good ones like jumps and ATACT come at about the same rate. Anyway, if you are a level 7 and do 8 HD's per day and let's say 2 bronzium objectives, you'll get 20 elite frags per day. You'll have collected 360 in 18 days, so you'll have most things unlocked at that time, with shoretroopers probably at level 2 but without the cold weather mhc or dewback unlocked. In 18 more days, you'll have most things unlocked and a lot at level 2 and working towards level 3. It really does not take long to get equipment to level 3 or 4 if you just do the hd's. That means joining a high level squad and learning how to manage the perks so you can do two rounds of hd's every day (key: shut the perks down before they hit the 8 hour mark so you can start them at the same time every day).

Trammel
Captain

Post#8 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:27 am

All the above advice are great and I agree with them. I would like to experiment more with Probe Droids due to their unit capacity advantage.

Be consistent in your HD. I only tried this North Corner Base at HQ Level 9 and wished I did it much earlier. It's not lame to deploy Squad Center (SC) bikes to help in your HD. Nothing wrong with that at all! So request for bikes liberally. Just request and type "Guys, I need bikes for my HD". And decent squad mates would donate promptly because there is a time limit counter for HD and they know you need the crates. SC bikes cover ground really fast. They can take care of enemy troops at one end of the battlefield and rush in time to take care of enemies at the other end. Maybe you can try this with Probe Droids too.

For planetary objectives, religiously pursue the objectives but avoid those that would handicap your attacks and thereby cause you to incur losses and reduce your conflict medals. I would avoid "deploy x AT-MP" but always go for "destroy x turrets" or "build x tanks". In your current situation, HD and planetary objectives are much easier to complete than finishing at a high percentage position in a conflict.

Importantly, HD and planetary objectives become more difficult as your HQ rises in level. While your HQ is at level 7, the objectives are still humanly reasonable :) So do a lot of HD and objectives at Level 7. There is no rush to get to HQ Level 8 or whatever. Spend enough time and build your base and your attack force organically. I'm saying this because I rushed to HQ8 Level only to get jump troopers, and sort of regretted it.

Good luck!

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#9 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:10 am

The main reason to move to hq8 is to get jumps, and also to get your troops to lvl8, for squad wars. A lvl8 base can take back all but one lvl9 outpost in a squad war. And a good lvl8 attacker with lvl8 M\HCs (with Tat bonus) or lvl8 jumps (Tako/Dando) can take out a prestige base (not every one, but enough to help a lot in a war). The lvl8 base is still going to get smashed by a higher-level attacker, but the same is true for that lvl7 attacker.

The reason to not rush is HDs, as it will be more difficult to get bronzium crates when your defenses aren't leveled up. But you should be able to get 90%+ bronzium crates even with lvl6 turrets and a northern corner base. And the extra planet unlock means you will see pretty much the same number of bronzium crates as you did at hq7.
In game name: Paper Tiger
Officer in: ThatsNoMoon
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

SmallPotato
Commander

Post#10 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:36 am

Trammel wrote:...religiously pursue the objectives but avoid those that would handicap your attacks and thereby cause you to incur losses and reduce your conflict medals.

But only during a conflict. Outside of conflict I see medals as more of a curse than a boon. Then I'll quite happily do the scout trooper objective and watch a wave of 96 scout troopers crash against a rebel base - it's fun :). Of course sometimes they actually win a star. Then you can work whether to celebrate or curse, depending on what you wanted to do with those medals.

Return to “General Discussions”