Rodians/sullustans, defence, and bombers

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
SmallPotato
Lieutenant

Rodians/sullustans, defence, and bombers

Post#1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:36 am

So I know you can have rodian or sullustan snipers in your squad centre (as in, skins work if on when the sc is triggered). If you have one of those skins turned on, do the snipers call down air strikes on the advancing enemy? If so, is it effective in any way given that bombers' main target is buildings? Much as at ats or at tes might pretty much be walking buildings, I doubt the game sees it that way in damage modifier terms.

I'm asking just out of interest really: I wasn't planning to make air strikes the cornerstone of defence or anything but I did think it might be fun to watch :).

Gooner
Commodore

Re: Rodians/sullustans, defence, and bombers

Post#2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:44 am

Yeah, It's effective I use Sharp Gr sullustan skinned. along with skinned Jets in the sc double skinned bursts and Imp Jumps struggle. if you don't have the Gr sullustans/Rodians In the sc along with a Medic/Astro can be very effective as well.

SmallPotato
Lieutenant

Post#3 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:01 am

I look forward to the day when I unlock the skin :). I do have the sniper guard reserve too.

Although the core of my question was more about whether the bomber strikes are effective at all, rather than the snipers' shooting.

Gooner
Commodore

Post#4 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:21 am

SmallPotato wrote:I look forward to the day when I unlock the skin :). I do have the sniper guard reserve too.

Although the core of my question was more about whether the bomber strikes are effective at all, rather than the snipers' shooting.

Yeah, the Air strikes work well together with the sniper itself. Particularly when you see people drop a lot of stormies over one area and vice versa with Rebel soldiers.

Harshit
Major General

Post#5 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:55 am

Yes the TIE bombers/ Y-wing are somewhat effective only against low health enemies such as stormies and rebel soldiers. They will do almost no damage to large units such as AT-AT, jugg etc. Since all players use mainly jets/jumps those bombers or any airship will do no damage as they no damage multiplier against them even if you deploy thousand strikes at them.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

toname
Commander

Post#6 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:45 pm

Helps a lot on HDs where there are masses of wookiees/dark troopers and the area effect of the bombers can hit a lot of units at once.

Can also be effective using samples in SC in a war with Yavin as an outpost.

Boosting the damage and health of the GR snipers is the best benefit of the skin though.

Trammel
Commander

Post#7 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:36 am

The OP is on Rodian on Defence. May I extend this to one point on attack -- when the Tie Bombers hit a building, it also tends to disable the hidden trap placed next to that building. Can anyone else confirm this?

Return to “General Discussions”