Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise Of Skywalker - Discusson Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Tamarack
Commodore

Re: Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise Of Skywalker - Discusson Topic

Post#81 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:41 am

Yoda is a fortune cookie...

"Do or Do not, there is no try."

Obi-Wan: "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

;)
Leader of Sleepoverclub because all of the other people left and I was given the default leadership!

Support me in the 2018 Extra-Life Marathon #FTK #extralife @extralife4kids

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#82 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:46 am

mkenobi wrote:Yes, no more haters, please, but I fear more people will down to the Dark Side after watching Episode 9.

“Fear is the path to the dark side… fear leads to anger… anger leads to hate… hate leads to suffering.”

Maybe it's all conspiracy from the enemy. And Episode 9 will be great.

Yes! And phenomenal gif. I hold in highest regard those which can seamlessly weave Star Wars culture into conversation.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Master of PuppetsLikeVader :lol:

Pepsidoc
Lieutenant

Post#83 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:38 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
Pepsidoc wrote:First post just for this. This is how disappointed I am in what Disney has done with Star Wars.

Pepsidoc - Welcome to the Forum! :D

Thanks DS.. been playing for some years now and lurking here a bit.

And on that note thanks to all that provide help/contribute on this forum. Learned a lot here.

Euph
Admiral

Post#84 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:58 am

This movie is going to suck ass. I have spoken.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#85 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:37 am

Euph wrote:This movie is going to suck ass. I have spoken.

Don't worry, buddy. We have Star Wars Resistance (I didn't watch any episode yet because is connected to TFA and the new trilogy), and The Mandalorian for now, and we will have Clone Wars back on February, and we will have the Obi Wan series coming soon. :D

And serious, who cares about Rey?
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Harshit
Admiral

Post#86 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:02 am

mkenobi wrote:
Euph wrote:This movie is going to suck ass. I have spoken.

Don't worry, buddy. We have Star Wars Resistance (I didn't watch any episode yet because is connected to TFA and the new trilogy), and The Mandalorian for now, and we will have Clone Wars back on February, and we will have the Obi Wan series coming soon. :D

And serious, who cares about Rey?

Hopefully some character development should happen for her, for eg lose and come back stronger to defeat the guy who defeated you before. I don't want to see more Mary sue tactics.

Satele Shan, in the TOR the grandmaster is so much better than this.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

TKTB51
Major General

Post#87 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:21 am

Rey is a nobody, they've made that clear. For her to suddenly be able to destroy a trained Sith would be ... complete and utter nonsense.

The original trilogy had the duos of R2/Threepio and Han/Chewie and the tension (on/off again) with Leia ...

Nothing like that exists in the current arc. There's no real tension with Poe - he's just a jerk, and Rey's a "deux ex machina" to solve plot holes, and Finn is ... at least somewhat interesting. And Rose appears to have been removed from the story (read the posts online about how she's been literally photoshopped out of various art and other items) ...

No coherence, no clear buddies, no clear reason to care.

Let's wait and hope to see if it actually is a movie that makes sense.

If not, there's always Watchmen and "Dark Materials" on HBO to binge. And High Castle.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Pepsidoc
Lieutenant

Post#88 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:57 pm

TKTB51 wrote:Rey is a nobody, they've made that clear. For her to suddenly be able to destroy a trained Sith would be ... complete and utter nonsense.

The original trilogy had the duos of R2/Threepio and Han/Chewie and the tension (on/off again) with Leia ...

Nothing like that exists in the current arc. There's no real tension with Poe - he's just a jerk, and Rey's a "deux ex machina" to solve plot holes, and Finn is ... at least somewhat interesting. And Rose appears to have been removed from the story (read the posts online about how she's been literally photoshopped out of various art and other items) ...

No coherence, no clear buddies, no clear reason to care.

Let's wait and hope to see if it actually is a movie that makes sense.

If not, there's always Watchmen and "Dark Materials" on HBO to binge. And High Castle.

The Rey is nobody is a BIG mistake IMO.

Star Wars is a story about the Skywalkers. The original trilogy was about Luke and his dad. The prequels about how Anakin became Luke’s dad. If Rey isn’t a Skywalker and from the “highest midiclhorian count ever seen” then it kind of throws all that out.

My guess is sister or twin. Who was trained at the academy and separated after it all went bad. Would close the Jedi skills she just happens to know hole too.

I think Disney knows they need to fix it. Badly. One clever guy I saw referred to this episode as “clean up in aisle IX”. I agree.

TKTB51
Major General

Post#89 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:53 pm

yes, Rey is nobody is what they told us and would be a mistake.

if she's a clone/twin of Luke, that's just ... to damn easy. She needs to be a twin/clone of Kylo. That way they have the same tension that Luke/Leia had, and there is a possibility that Kylo could be redeemed. Otherwise, he's more of an asshole than Anakin ever was, and the ability to turn/redeem him (the theme of the entire saga) would be ... ridiculous.

I'm hopeful, but cautiously so.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#90 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:38 am

They may be lying about the lineage of Rey, Snoke and Kylo Ren, and maybe she's Kylo's twin and he doesn't know - which justifies the telepathy between them like Luke and Leia -, and Leia knows/feels that, because there's a TFA scene that I'll never understand even though JJ says it was his mistake:

After the attack on the Starkiller and knowing of Han's death, Leia goes towards Rey and hugs her - until then someone she met only a few hours ago and means nothing to her - while Chewie walks by her side as if he was nothing to her, more concerned about Finn unconscious on a stretcher.

If it was a script mistake, among many others, it will make no difference in the end, but if it is proved that Rey is a Skywalker, may justify that whole feeling between two complete strangers, but it doesn't change the fact that Leia simply ignored Chewie at such a difficult time for both of them.

Anyway, in a movie series where total meaninglessness seems to guide all the story, I just want it to end, and in the best way possible because there have been too many frustrations so far.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation. Currently in "Giveandgettroops" (Level 50 Imperial Squad) and "SevenOfNine2" Level 50 Rebel Squad -- training squads, everyone is welcome!

Return to “General Discussions”