Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise Of Skywalker - Discusson Topic

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DarthYonir
Storm Trooper

Re: Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise Of Skywalker - Discusson Topic

Post#21 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:48 am

I was at the Star Wars Celebration this weekend. I obviously look forward to any Star Wars films. The Mandalorian looks awesome and there is another season of Clone Wars coming out that looks great too. So if the movies are letting you down, maybe these two will impress you.

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#22 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:37 am

I agree that Rogue One was easily the best Star Wars movie since the original trilogy, and I liked Solo (I still don’t get what so many have against it). TFA had promise, on with TLJ entirely failed to deliver. I’m holding out hope for the final leg of the new trilogy - but please, enough with the Death Stars!!!

RogueTwo
Commander

Post#23 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:00 am

Richaldo wrote:
RogueTwo wrote:This isn't the end of Star Wars, just the end of the Skywalker story lines. That has been stated in the past. Yes, they slowed development on the new stories but it isn't the end.

Thought the shot of Rey over the tie fighter (presumming Kylo's) was pretty cool. There is also mention that JJ Abrams was trying to correct TLJ but that is a daunting task. I will be there on opening day, like I have been for the last 4.

*Tie Silencer

lol, I am a rebel, I just shoot them down!
JediKnights (Leader) -
RogueTwo - Prestige
Thing1 - Level 8
Thing2 - Level 8

Richaldo
Admiral

Post#24 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:57 am

RogueTwo wrote:
Richaldo wrote:
RogueTwo wrote:This isn't the end of Star Wars, just the end of the Skywalker story lines. That has been stated in the past. Yes, they slowed development on the new stories but it isn't the end.

Thought the shot of Rey over the tie fighter (presumming Kylo's) was pretty cool. There is also mention that JJ Abrams was trying to correct TLJ but that is a daunting task. I will be there on opening day, like I have been for the last 4.

*Tie Silencer

lol, I am a rebel, I just shoot them down!

It's a Star Wars forum.............. if there weren't geeks like me lurking it just wouldn't be the same hahahaha
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!
Level 25 Prestige 160000 medals

DarthBratzzznew
Admiral

Post#25 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:48 am

Though not an authority in any way on the Star wars Saga/Universe, I am mighty glad that at least the Skywalkers will vanish from the movies. It is getting tedious, One Family to rule them all, One Family to find them, One Family to bring them all and in the darkness bind them…

I appreciated the related though independent movies Rogue One and Solo far more than episodes 1, 2, 6, 7 and 8... I really do hope there will not be another Death Star in 9 which will blow up against all odds and logic.
Proud Officer of the CircleOf Family of squads. Many experienced and motivated longtime high-level players; regular/against OP/NO OP wars, to each his own. English spoken. Worldwide brotherhood of rebel scourges :twisted:

geoman48
Major General

Post#26 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:27 pm

Ghostie wrote:ROGUE ONE: BRILLIANT AWESOME LOVED IT!

With that being said and this will sound contradictory to my statements above, even bad Star Wars movies are better than "No" Star Wars movies. Anytime no matter how bad or good a Star Wars movie is I enjoy the ride and the immersion into the Star Wars universe....I really hope episode IX can somehow "right the ship" but to be honest I don't see it happening.

Well said. "Bad" star wars movies are better than no Star Wars movies. If Marvel can pump out multiple films per year and we don't get tired of the same characters, then why not Star Wars movies? I just so I happen to like Star Wars movies a lot better than most Marvel films. Of course, I saw Episode 4 in the theatre in 1977 and it still amazes me that a movie series has lasted the majority of my 49 years on this planet.

GlockShanty
Squadron Leader

Post#27 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:26 pm

I saw RoTJ at the cinema when it was first released, happy memories.

I didn't like how utterly absurd and eye-rolling some parts of TLJ were. Leia getting blown out into space, only to survive without oxygen and fly back into the ship. Finn & Rose going on a special mission for no real military reason than so that Disney can get all preachy and force a sociological statement down our throats. The First Order landing troops for a ground assault (exactly like Hoth) on that stronghold when this time, they could have pummelled it from orbit. The Resistance bombers being able to drop bombs, in a zero-gravity environment, on the First Order ships.

I appreciate everything Star Wars, because everything that comes out keeps the characters and the stories alive, and in turn keeps our game alive a little longer. But the quality has lacked in recent years, Rogue One aside.

I have a horrible feeling Episode 9 will involve another X-Wing assault on the new Starkiller base, or new Death Star, or else some other rehash of RoTJ. I hope not!
Imperial
Officer in givethemnothing squad
Playing since August 2014

toname
Commander

Post#28 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:20 pm

GlockShanty wrote:I saw RoTJ at the cinema when it was first released, happy memories.

I didn't like how utterly absurd and eye-rolling some parts of TLJ were. Leia getting blown out into space, only to survive without oxygen and fly back into the ship. Finn & Rose going on a special mission for no real military reason than so that Disney can get all preachy and force a sociological statement down our throats. The First Order landing troops for a ground assault (exactly like Hoth) on that stronghold when this time, they could have pummelled it from orbit. The Resistance bombers being able to drop bombs, in a zero-gravity environment, on the First Order ships.

I appreciate everything Star Wars, because everything that comes out keeps the characters and the stories alive, and in turn keeps our game alive a little longer. But the quality has lacked in recent years, Rogue One aside.

I have a horrible feeling Episode 9 will involve another X-Wing assault on the new Starkiller base, or new Death Star, or else some other rehash of RoTJ. I hope not!

Leia in space is justifiable. Luke spacewalks in the books, and a human can survive in a vacuum for a short time, a Jedi more so.

I appreciated the homage to WWII bomber runs, but that sequence was the worst of the film, making zero physical sense. What in-universe reason is there for bombers to move that slow and have gravity bombs in space?

The slow speed chase was dumb too. Why couldn't the Imperials jump ahead and box them in with a fleet that large?

Return to “General Discussions”