PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
strawman3125
Admiral

Re: PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

Post#21 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:55 am

CoolGuy wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:Ok, so as an experiment I dropped 12k medals down to 148k. It has made no difference in the match making process, so there must be some combination of medal level and sandbagging that makes the difference.

If people remembered I complained about the Rebel player at the top of the Dando conflict table who had a ridiculous amount of gears. He was a level 26 player on 150k medals and was getting 1,000 gear wins, and I was a level 22 player on 160k medals getting 700 gears. The difference was that his dekas were very low level as were all his resource generators, so sandbaggers are winning this game.

Are you seeing the 1000 gear bases if you skip enough now? Given that you have a higher base score to begin with you would probably need to drop more medals to get to the same Adjusted Base Score that he is at and see the same things that he sees.

Also, congrats on being able to dump 12,000 medals in one day! The most I can do is 500 per hour with my HQ11 with 80,000 medals; a full 8 hour work day would only get me 4,000 medals less. Needless to say: it’s not worth the effort and I gave up trying... If only I could sell those medals for crystals! :)

I am seeing a few more 1000 gear bases, however the difficulty level has not changed. I will still need a full loadout plus SC plus airpower to defeat a PvP base.

I thought your goal for medal dropping was to see more bases worth 1000+ gears and you mentioned that your are seeing that.

If you wanted to see easier PvP opponents you need to drop to below 9,000 medals! I am being serious! When I tested medal dropping with my maxed out HQ8 base (a lower base score than HQ11), I needed to go below 9,000 medals to stop seeing the maxed out HQ11 bases.

I am not sure what you are expecting here... There are only 2 kinds of bases at HQ11: 1) rushed bases that are weak and easy to beat, but you should never see these as you are maxed out and at a much higher level and 2) people that have been playing the game long enough to know how to design a base, even if just a little, and that's all it takes to make it so that you need SC and full air support. I mean pretty much any base that slaps down 8 level 10 sonics and 14 level 10 bursts with both skins on, even the worst base layout, would require SC and full air support and still not give a very good chance a 3 stars. Defense is that powerful these days!

Having said that, there are players on both factions that are capable of getting into the top 50 charts on planets where there are no dev bases for them (and they are not sandbagged or medal dumped to below 10K)... I have no idea how they do it... Skill? They spend a lot of money to rush air support for every attack? Maybe they have maxed out frags? Maybe having level 10 buses allows you to roll over player bases just like level 4 buses let you roll over dev bases?

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#22 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:28 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
Having said that, there are players on both factions that are capable of getting into the top 50 charts on planets where there are no dev bases for them (and they are not sandbagged or medal dumped to below 10K)... I have no idea how they do it... Skill? They spend a lot of money to rush air support for every attack? Maybe they have maxed out frags? Maybe having level 10 buses allows you to roll over player bases just like level 4 buses let you roll over dev bases?

Probably a big difference is that I am a Windows refugee, and do not have all maxed out units. For example my jets are only level 8 or 9. I'm guessing level 10 jets would make a significant difference. Oh well, I guess I just keep grinding for good frags and medal dumping in between.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#23 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:21 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:Discussed many times, but it's getting to the stage where I'm just going to stop playing.

Level 22 Rebel Prestige Base Max Medals (160k+) - sitting on Dandoran and I can not find a single base that I can attack without using my SC and all my air power - so a couple of hours turn around time for a maximum of 700 gears. The bases I see have Prestige burst turrets and shields - I have none of these.

I'm even considering medal dumping just so I can keep playing. What else can I do?

How is this a matchmaking problem???

It sounds to me like the matching algorithm is working perfectly for you! You are the elite 1% and at the top of the game, you should be facing those bases.

The actual problem in the game right now is that when you are matched correctly you cannot win easy 3 star victories . I'll say it again: Defense is too overpowered compared to attack strength for players at equal level and skill! Defense needs to be nerfed or attack strength needs a serious increase! Players at equal level should be able to win against each other most of the time.

If you have good attack skill, AND high level armory equipment, you can beat bases of equivalent level using SC and air, for 1 or 2 star wins. The average attacker, however, can’t even beat equivalent bases WITH air and SC, and that is a problem. Even for skilled player, if you can only attack once every hour and get some gears, you can’t compete in conflict if other saw easier matches than you.
It seems like everyone is seeing tough bases though on Dando, and that might explain the low UC threshold, compared to Erkit.
Rebels wanting easier matches should go to Erkit, and perhaps Tat.

Yeah, UC's on Tat and Erkit are doable with a reasonable amount of effort. About 30 wins combined per day does it, at 700 to 1000+ gears per attack. The third option is Yavin, which has live bases that you can 3 star with minimal starship help and you can keep your sc troops idle. If you have a good defense, park on a green planet for defensive wins, if you are a rebel. The biggest problem is starship cook times. With a full starship load, getting 2-3 stars vs. live bases with gr is doable. I don't like using sc troops. I like keeping defensive troops in my sc, and I jump in and out all day, so I like being able to just switch one armory setting from jet to gr.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#24 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:36 pm

CoolGuy wrote:Ok, so as an experiment I dropped 12k medals down to 148k. It has made no difference in the match making process, so there must be some combination of medal level and sandbagging that makes the difference.

If people remembered I complained about the Rebel player at the top of the Dando conflict table who had a ridiculous amount of gears. He was a level 26 player on 150k medals and was getting 1,000 gear wins, and I was a level 22 player on 160k medals getting 700 gears. The difference was that his dekas were very low level as were all his resource generators, so sandbaggers are winning this game.

You probably need to get it down to about 100K medals, which is where I'm at. My armory levels are mostly between 8-10, with my jets only at level 8. I'm not having any issues in matchups, but I have heard that players over 120K medals, have that problem. I think it's because I came on board a little over 2 years ago, so my medal count is in line with my armory. At least in sync with the matchup algo's specs on where I should be. For players that accumulated medals pre-armory, I can see them having issues. The medal count would reflect a player who should have a maxed out armory or close. It's unfortunate, and it's not going to be an easy fix. In fact, I don't think there's any intention of fixing this, because people are probably buying crates or using crystals in conflicts and events to compete. I still feel the armory advantage is too big, but it generates cash.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Chaotic999
Commodore

Post#25 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:23 am

I have base score about 3250 59k medals and on yav I am seeing a wide range of bases real and Devs, from rushed lvl9s (more like lvl7s) to maxed out full prestige (carnage) , matchmaking looks like it has been given a massive wide range on yav anyway.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ Disney owe me 78727 medals and Zynga no help either
#Medalgate victim support helpline 999-999-999-mouse

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#26 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:18 pm

Chaotic999 wrote:I have base score about 3250 59k medals and on yav I am seeing a wide range of bases real and Devs, from rushed lvl9s (more like lvl7s) to maxed out full prestige (carnage) , matchmaking looks like it has been given a massive wide range on yav anyway.

No not on 150k medals - I only see strong Prestige.

Werowe4
Captain

Post#27 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:18 pm

CoolGuy wrote:Some of you on Dandoran may have noticed my presence - let the dumping begin.

"You're going down a path I can't follow."
- Werowe4 | Sanctuary_reboot Officer
Sanctuary_reboot is recruiting active, lvl 6+ imperials. We’re a close-knit squad whose members are mostly active daily and very supportive; your SC will never go empty with us. For more: https://tinyurl.com/y5pun3j8

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#28 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Werowe4 wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:Some of you on Dandoran may have noticed my presence - let the dumping begin.

"You're going down a path I can't follow."

It's made a massive difference in conflict points - an extra 40% for every attack means I'm way further up the ladder.

Return to “General Discussions”