PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
Richaldo
Admiral
Posts: 909

Re: PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

Post#11 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:50 am

Level 22 with 160k medals... you SHOULD be matched against these??? That makes perfect sense...?

Am I missing something? That's the kind of bases I have to flatten...
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!
Level 25 Prestige 160000 medals


User avatar
Gooner
Commodore
Posts: 234

Re: PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

Post#12 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:09 am

Richaldo wrote:Level 22 with 160k medals... you SHOULD be matched against these??? That makes perfect sense...?

Am I missing something? That's the kind of bases I have to flatten...

It's exactly Right that's the bases he should be facing if he's maxed out in Medals. It wouldn't be clever if he had maxed medals and was seeing Rushed prestige bases. so what he's seeing is right PVP Is messed up bigtime just the way it is I'm a level 9 will be a couple of months before I max yet I see Advanced prestige bases That have a much higher base score than me. It's fucked up In some aspects and fine In some. It's why I prefer squad wars over PVP. And on to a much more Important subject Come On You Reds 3-0 Tonight have em crying into their pasta.


User avatar
Richaldo
Admiral
Posts: 909

Re: PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

Post#13 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:11 am

Gooner wrote:
Richaldo wrote:Level 22 with 160k medals... you SHOULD be matched against these??? That makes perfect sense...?

Am I missing something? That's the kind of bases I have to flatten...

It's exactly Right that's the bases he should be facing if he's maxed out in Medals. It wouldn't be clever if he had maxed medals and was seeing Rushed prestige bases. so what he's seeing is right PVP Is messed up bigtime just the way it is I'm a level 9 will be a couple of months before I max yet I see Advanced prestige bases That have a much higher base score than me. It's fucked up In some aspects and fine In some. It's why I prefer squad wars over PVP. And on to a much more Important subject Come On You Reds 3-0 Tonight have em crying into their pasta.


Exactly... end of the day, it's gaming... if you are going up... surely you should face the big bad bosses??? I'd rather switch off than get matched down... i'm no Noob.

I like your confidence for tonight!!!! MUST get a win... we're great at home but away..... we need a head start! COYG!!!!
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!!
Level 25 Prestige 160000 medals


strawman3125
Major General
Posts: 450

Re: PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

Post#14 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:00 am

Gooner wrote:
Richaldo wrote:Level 22 with 160k medals... you SHOULD be matched against these??? That makes perfect sense...?

Am I missing something? That's the kind of bases I have to flatten...

It's exactly Right that's the bases he should be facing if he's maxed out in Medals. It wouldn't be clever if he had maxed medals and was seeing Rushed prestige bases. so what he's seeing is right PVP Is messed up bigtime just the way it is I'm a level 9 will be a couple of months before I max yet I see Advanced prestige bases That have a much higher base score than me. It's fucked up In some aspects and fine In some. It's why I prefer squad wars over PVP. And on to a much more Important subject Come On You Reds 3-0 Tonight have em crying into their pasta.


PvP Matchmaking is messed up as far as lower levels are concerned. There is no way that an HQ8 or HQ9 should be facing the same bases that maxed out HQ11's with 160K medals are facing and complaining about. If the HQ11's can't win easily against the the HQ11's, how can an HQ8 or HQ9 even stand a chance? That just does not make any sense!


User avatar
Gooner
Commodore
Posts: 234

Re: PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

Post#15 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:05 am

strawman3125 wrote:
Gooner wrote:
Richaldo wrote:Level 22 with 160k medals... you SHOULD be matched against these??? That makes perfect sense...?

Am I missing something? That's the kind of bases I have to flatten...

It's exactly Right that's the bases he should be facing if he's maxed out in Medals. It wouldn't be clever if he had maxed medals and was seeing Rushed prestige bases. so what he's seeing is right PVP Is messed up bigtime just the way it is I'm a level 9 will be a couple of months before I max yet I see Advanced prestige bases That have a much higher base score than me. It's fucked up In some aspects and fine In some. It's why I prefer squad wars over PVP. And on to a much more Important subject Come On You Reds 3-0 Tonight have em crying into their pasta.


PvP Matchmaking is messed up as far as lower levels are concerned. There is no way that an HQ8 or HQ9 should be facing the same bases that maxed out HQ11's with 160K medals are facing and complaining about. If the HQ11's can't win easily against the the HQ11's, how can an HQ8 or HQ9 even stand a chance? That just does not make any sense!

+100000 Couldn't agree more Strawman. on Tat the other day During the conflict I got matched with the Leader a fully maxed out Prestige Imp everything was gold. I'm a level 9 But I hit it anyway and got 47 or 49% Something like that anyway. But the Thing is I'm not maxed out at 9 I've got a good 2 months left maybe 3 before I max out I shouldn't be coming across bases like that maxed 10s yes but maxed out Prestige no Lol. This is the reason why people are Dumping medals because they're struggling to compete with 2 to 3 levels higher than them. and then you get those 3 Levels higher calling them out for it Hold up a minute I bet the now 3 levels higher prestige didn't have to compete against bases 3 levels higher than them with a full-on armoury back then. of course, they Didn't the armoury wasn't introduced. Lol


Boog
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1414

Re: PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

Post#16 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:03 pm

That was an exaggeration, lol. I would probably get 10-20 losses out of 300 scouts.

The main point is that a lit of the daily objectives (and event objectives) are designed around losing in order to quickly and easily complete the objectives. There's no reason to feel bad about it. If you want the frags in a reasonable amount of time, just take losses.


User avatar
mkenobi
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1227

Re: PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

Post#17 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:12 pm

Gooner wrote:
strawman3125 wrote:
Gooner wrote:It's exactly Right that's the bases he should be facing if he's maxed out in Medals. It wouldn't be clever if he had maxed medals and was seeing Rushed prestige bases. so what he's seeing is right PVP Is messed up bigtime just the way it is I'm a level 9 will be a couple of months before I max yet I see Advanced prestige bases That have a much higher base score than me. It's fucked up In some aspects and fine In some. It's why I prefer squad wars over PVP. And on to a much more Important subject Come On You Reds 3-0 Tonight have em crying into their pasta.


PvP Matchmaking is messed up as far as lower levels are concerned. There is no way that an HQ8 or HQ9 should be facing the same bases that maxed out HQ11's with 160K medals are facing and complaining about. If the HQ11's can't win easily against the the HQ11's, how can an HQ8 or HQ9 even stand a chance? That just does not make any sense!

+100000 Couldn't agree more Strawman. on Tat the other day During the conflict I got matched with the Leader a fully maxed out Prestige Imp everything was gold. I'm a level 9 But I hit it anyway and got 47 or 49% Something like that anyway. But the Thing is I'm not maxed out at 9 I've got a good 2 months left maybe 3 before I max out I shouldn't be coming across bases like that maxed 10s yes but maxed out Prestige no Lol. This is the reason why people are Dumping medals because they're struggling to compete with 2 to 3 levels higher than them. and then you get those 3 Levels higher calling them out for it Hold up a minute I bet the now 3 levels higher prestige didn't have to compete against bases 3 levels higher than them with a full-on armoury back then. of course, they Didn't the armoury wasn't introduced. Lol

I agree with the fact that if you are Prestige maxed out and medal capped, you are at the top of the food chain, so you must fight only the top players in the game. Matchmaking is working in the way it should work -- but only because there is no one above you.

But I have a 2nd Rebel base at HQ 8 maxed out and with about 9k medals and I am fighting HQ 10 and Prestige, then the matchmaking is so fucking broken that I only have 2 options, stop playing or dumping medals. Dump medals is a pain in the ass. I don't have patience and time for this. I stopped playing PvP with my HQ 8 and use it now only for wars and feed my main base.

I like to max out my bases, this is a long upgrading game, if you don't upgrade everything you can, you are not playing the game at its totallity. But the worst thing you can do is to maximize your base. If you upgrade everything, you are ruining your matchmaking, and if you are collecting medals you are ruining it even more.

And I also stopped playing conflicts with my Imperial Prestige and Rebel Prestige not because of matchmaking but because the game is too much on defense and is obvious you can't win against a rival even if he has similar base strenght because probably your attack forces will be outnumbered by the rival defenses, and if you win, you need to use SC, and lot of air and wait 1h or more to attack again.

I don't see medal dumping as a shame because you must try of everything that can help you to keep playing, but it's a tremendous wasting of time. I'd rather not play more conflicts than waste my time dropping medals if drop medals is the only way to keep playing conflicts.

The great problem in the game is what I'm saying for a year or more, and many here are saying too: game is too much on defense, and you need to use crystals to rush air, troops and requests for SC, without any guarantee you are going to win.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)


User avatar
CoolGuy
Major General
Posts: 479

Re: PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

Post#18 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:37 pm

Ok, so as an experiment I dropped 12k medals down to 148k. It has made no difference in the match making process, so there must be some combination of medal level and sandbagging that makes the difference.

If people remembered I complained about the Rebel player at the top of the Dando conflict table who had a ridiculous amount of gears. He was a level 26 player on 150k medals and was getting 1,000 gear wins, and I was a level 22 player on 160k medals getting 700 gears. The difference was that his dekas were very low level as were all his resource generators, so sandbaggers are winning this game.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn


strawman3125
Major General
Posts: 450

Re: PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

Post#19 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:51 pm

CoolGuy wrote:Ok, so as an experiment I dropped 12k medals down to 148k. It has made no difference in the match making process, so there must be some combination of medal level and sandbagging that makes the difference.

If people remembered I complained about the Rebel player at the top of the Dando conflict table who had a ridiculous amount of gears. He was a level 26 player on 150k medals and was getting 1,000 gear wins, and I was a level 22 player on 160k medals getting 700 gears. The difference was that his dekas were very low level as were all his resource generators, so sandbaggers are winning this game.


Are you seeing the 1000 gear bases if you skip enough now? Given that you have a higher base score to begin with you would probably need to drop more medals to get to the same Adjusted Base Score that he is at and see the same things that he sees.

Also, congrats on being able to dump 12,000 medals in one day! The most I can do is 500 per hour with my HQ11 with 80,000 medals; a full 8 hour work day would only get me 4,000 medals less. Needless to say: it’s not worth the effort and I gave up trying... If only I could sell those medals for crystals! :)


User avatar
CoolGuy
Major General
Posts: 479

Re: PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

Post#20 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:08 pm

strawman3125 wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:Ok, so as an experiment I dropped 12k medals down to 148k. It has made no difference in the match making process, so there must be some combination of medal level and sandbagging that makes the difference.

If people remembered I complained about the Rebel player at the top of the Dando conflict table who had a ridiculous amount of gears. He was a level 26 player on 150k medals and was getting 1,000 gear wins, and I was a level 22 player on 160k medals getting 700 gears. The difference was that his dekas were very low level as were all his resource generators, so sandbaggers are winning this game.


Are you seeing the 1000 gear bases if you skip enough now? Given that you have a higher base score to begin with you would probably need to drop more medals to get to the same Adjusted Base Score that he is at and see the same things that he sees.

Also, congrats on being able to dump 12,000 medals in one day! The most I can do is 500 per hour with my HQ11 with 80,000 medals; a full 8 hour work day would only get me 4,000 medals less. Needless to say: it’s not worth the effort and I gave up trying... If only I could sell those medals for crystals! :)


I am seeing a few more 1000 gear bases, however the difficulty level has not changed. I will still need a full loadout plus SC plus airpower to defeat a PvP base.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], DarthMcStooge, Entropy, Forceisweaknyou, Harshit and 33 guests