PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
CoolGuy
Major General

PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

Post#1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:43 pm

Discussed many times, but it's getting to the stage where I'm just going to stop playing.

Level 22 Rebel Prestige Base Max Medals (160k+) - sitting on Dandoran and I can not find a single base that I can attack without using my SC and all my air power - so a couple of hours turn around time for a maximum of 700 gears. The bases I see have Prestige burst turrets and shields - I have none of these.

I'm even considering medal dumping just so I can keep playing. What else can I do?
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Gooner
Commodore

Re: PvP Matching Is Seriously Broken

Post#2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:50 pm

I'm a level 9 and I see more advanced prestige bases than I do my own level. and a lot of the time I'm lucky to see 700 Gears. I very rarely see Dev bases either I got matched with a maxed out prestige base on Tat if you look on the leaderboard he's no 1 in the current conflict I'm not maxed at level 9 yet either. I know that You're against it but maybe dropping medals might be the answer for now that you're looking for.

geoman48
Major General

Post#3 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:51 am

CoolGuy wrote:I'm even considering medal dumping just so I can keep playing. What else can I do?

Medal dumping is an option, but besides Windows SWC (lost 60K+ medals) and Medalgate (lost 10K medals), I've never voluntarily gone down this road.

What I do is relegate my Prestige bases (both of them) to squad wars only, since squad war attacks are a version of the game pre-armory (for uplinks anyway).

Then, for PvP attacks, I start a new base (currently playing L4 base), look for a newbie squad to help out and move up until I get bored with the new base. It's fun to "fix" the upgrade mistakes I made in previous attempts at advancing through the game.

strawman3125
Major General

Post#4 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:00 am

CoolGuy wrote:Discussed many times, but it's getting to the stage where I'm just going to stop playing.

Level 22 Rebel Prestige Base Max Medals (160k+) - sitting on Dandoran and I can not find a single base that I can attack without using my SC and all my air power - so a couple of hours turn around time for a maximum of 700 gears. The bases I see have Prestige burst turrets and shields - I have none of these.

I'm even considering medal dumping just so I can keep playing. What else can I do?

How is this a matchmaking problem???

It sounds to me like the matching algorithm is working perfectly for you! You are the elite 1% and at the top of the game, you should be facing those bases.

The actual problem in the game right now is that when you are matched correctly you cannot win easy 3 star victories . I'll say it again: Defense is too overpowered compared to attack strength for players at equal level and skill! Defense needs to be nerfed or attack strength needs a serious increase! Players at equal level should be able to win against each other most of the time.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:05 am

strawman3125 wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:Discussed many times, but it's getting to the stage where I'm just going to stop playing.

How is this a matchmaking problem???

It sounds to me like the matching algorithm is working perfectly for you! You are the elite 1% and at the top of the game, you should be facing those bases.

The actual problem in the game right now is that when you are matched correctly you cannot win easy 3 star victories . I'll say it again: Defense is too overpowered compared to attack strength for players at equal level and skill! Defense needs to be nerfed or attack strength needs a serious increase! Players at equal level should be able to win against each other most of the time.

If you have good attack skill, AND high level armory equipment, you can beat bases of equivalent level using SC and air, for 1 or 2 star wins. The average attacker, however, can’t even beat equivalent bases WITH air and SC, and that is a problem. Even for skilled player, if you can only attack once every hour and get some gears, you can’t compete in conflict if other saw easier matches than you.
It seems like everyone is seeing tough bases though on Dando, and that might explain the low UC threshold, compared to Erkit.
Rebels wanting easier matches should go to Erkit, and perhaps Tat.

TNT
Admiral

Post#6 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:39 am

Medal dump. Join the darkside.
In all seriousness, I agree with what Strawman is saying. You maxed out your medals and you're a prestige base, honestly it seems like the Matchmaking algorithm is working perfectly fine for you.

strawman3125 wrote:How is this a matchmaking problem???

Dang Strawman, you've been on fire lately with the good posts. I agree with you on everything.

I think it's in one of Death Strikers old forum salvage threads about how the devs actually wanted a defensive game.
So I'm going to float a different perspective. What if we leave defense as is, but we pivot the game completely from attack oriented to defense oriented.
In order to do this, matchmaking holes like massive medal dumping and sandbagger bases need to be plugged.
In addition, dev bases must have equipment turned on as well.
This way, everyone would need to use everything they had on every attack. This would obviously slow the game down to a crawl and thus 3 hour turnaround times wouldn't matter anymore. May not be the most fun thing, but it's possible.
In addition, this means that the conflicts/events as they currently are need to be redone completely. They currently heavily favor those people who can attack constantly.

Also, my cynical side has something to say about this as well. None of these fixes will ever happen Coolguy.
This game isn't for you or me, it's for people with less sense than money, who will happily keep paying for bad behavior in devs.

Players should definitely keep thanking payers for rewarding bad game design. (I will never stop pointing out the shortsightedness in this sentiment)
This is what you get as the devs keep pushing to see how far they can go while making a profit. Casual payers (or non payers) be damned, you're not the target demographic.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:26 am

I don't dump medals on my main base, but I do on my secondary donor account. The easiest way to do it is to go after the daily crates. Deploy 300 scouts? Well, there's 300 losses if you want it, and at least you get something at the end of it. During events, you can also dump medals while you're cooking your next loadout for EP. You have a shit-ton of medals to unload, though.

CoolGuy
Major General

Post#8 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:22 pm

Some of you on Dandoran may have noticed my presence - let the dumping begin.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Ghostie
Commodore

Post#9 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:50 pm

CoolGuy wrote:Some of you on Dandoran may have noticed my presence - let the dumping begin.

join.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WINTER IS HERE!

TNT
Admiral

Post#10 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:31 am

Boog wrote:I don't dump medals on my main base, but I do on my secondary donor account. The easiest way to do it is to go after the daily crates. Deploy 300 scouts? Well, there's 300 losses if you want it, and at least you get something at the end of it. During events, you can also dump medals while you're cooking your next loadout for EP. You have a shit-ton of medals to unload, though.

Doing 300 losses in a row, people doing that must be mental. :? I've been shedding medals going after objectives as well, but I'll just finish objectives like that in 2-3 attacks. No way in hell will I commit that many empty attacks.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

Return to “General Discussions”