All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
User avatar
LosVega
Admiral
Posts: 560

Re: All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

Post#91 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:33 pm

Thanks DS for the update.

My concerns would be if the player population nose dives prior to the last day, will the game even be playable? Dev bases would be unlikely and honestly a waste of time if they did put them back in. Open up match making? Again Zynga seems to be hands off till they pull the plug. Sad to see it come to this....

On the upside, I've moved on to Galaxy Control. Still playing SWC but checking in less often
Image
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass


User avatar
XitLiteNtrNite
Major General
Posts: 357

Re: All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

Post#92 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:47 am

LosVega wrote:Thanks DS for the update.

My concerns would be if the player population nose dives prior to the last day, will the game even be playable? Dev bases would be unlikely and honestly a waste of time if they did put them back in. Open up match making? Again Zynga seems to be hands off till they pull the plug. Sad to see it come to this....

On the upside, I've moved on to Galaxy Control. Still playing SWC but checking in less often

What is the point of attacking a Dev base in PvP? Those were to get easy resources for upgrading, but everyone has a max base now and (near) infinite resources and crystals. All that is really left are squad wars, but unless you are doing no-op wars those two have been ruined by everyone having max MTTs, ITTs, and other spawning troops.
In game name: Paper Tiger
Squad: CircleOf.Masters
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882


DarthStrutter
Captain
Posts: 93

Re: All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

Post#93 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:55 am

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:
LosVega wrote:Thanks DS for the update.

My concerns would be if the player population nose dives prior to the last day, will the game even be playable? Dev bases would be unlikely and honestly a waste of time if they did put them back in. Open up match making? Again Zynga seems to be hands off till they pull the plug. Sad to see it come to this....

On the upside, I've moved on to Galaxy Control. Still playing SWC but checking in less often

What is the point of attacking a Dev base in PvP? Those were to get easy resources for upgrading, but everyone has a max base now and (near) infinite resources and crystals. All that is really left are squad wars, but unless you are doing no-op wars those two have been ruined by everyone having max MTTs, ITTs, and other spawning troops.

Yep. Getting hit by 10-13 mtt is boring.


User avatar
lukeskywalker
Admiral
Posts: 667

Re: All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

Post#94 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:14 pm

There are a lot of inexperienced "Prestige" players using full MTT loadouts, and they routinely come up short in the 30% range or less. Can't handle gr, buffed turrets, sonics, etc. There's still some skill involved. I agree it makes little sense to attack dev bases, since that was the logical option when competing for conflicts while minimizing the use of starships, but of little value now. I think the fun now, is using loadouts that are high risk or trying units you did not use much in the past. Some of it may have been the lack of armory upgrades, which is no longer a hurdle.

Wars are also full of inexperienced "Prestige" squads now. Their participation rate is low, they lack outpost and attack knowledge, etc. Again, a time to just play around and not take the game so seriously. My brother launched a bantha and soldier attack in a Tako war vs. a rushed Prestige base. 3 stars with time to spare. Wars have been instant match these days. No wait times. Everyone is in the same "class" now.

I get the sense that players are locked into old habits or only see one way as to how the game should be played, but times and situations change. To each their own I guess.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 25+ members, and we war twice a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!


TNT
Admiral
Posts: 646

Re: All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

Post#95 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:47 am

Man I'd love to see the numbers for the last month. :)
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 7148

Re: All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

Post#96 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:38 am

TNT wrote:Man I'd love to see the numbers for the last month. :)

TNT - I do plan to post an Update at beginning of May and beginning of June. I will also (for my own records) record the "Stats" on June 11 (last full day of SWC) as it will end early for me on June 12, 2020.
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
Harshit
Admiral
Posts: 715

Re: All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

Post#97 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:53 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
TNT wrote:Man I'd love to see the numbers for the last month. :)

TNT - I do plan to post an Update at beginning of May and beginning of June. I will also (for my own records) record the "Stats" on June 11 (last full day of SWC) as it will end early for me on June 12, 2020.

For me it will end for 4.30 PM in the evening of june 12th. :cry:
Empire lvl 10 HH-Resurrection (Level 50). Proud former (Holocron Horror) top 10 Windows squad.


User avatar
LosVega
Admiral
Posts: 560

Re: All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

Post#98 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:15 am

Just realized that the game will end at 7am EST. I'm curious if changing the timezone on my device (a la HD looping) will allow me a few more hours of gameplay? If not, guess I'll be annoying the missus one last time by playing all nite.
Image
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, ROYALX, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite & Duza's Finest - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass


User avatar
ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1051

Re: All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

Post#99 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:34 am

LosVega wrote:Just realized that the game will end at 7am EST. I'm curious if changing the timezone on my device (a la HD looping) will allow me a few more hours of gameplay? If not, guess I'll be annoying the missus one last time by playing all nite.

It won't make any difference. I'm pretty sure the time they announced is when the servers will be shut down. So whatever timezone you have on your device won't matter. There won't be any server for it to connect to.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.


User avatar
DarthTrumpf
Commander
Posts: 37

Re: All Player Stats - Data From GSoW Website

Post#100 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:11 pm

The game has slowed to a crawl already. I hope we can even be attacked once a week by the end of May. Sad Face. Even worse, Sad Clown Face. Even Worser, Sad Boba Fett Face.
My favorite character from the original movies is Johhar Kessen!


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], SpaceDandy and 38 guests